**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Thanks for the review, can I link it to the first post? I think that it would be great for them to use the game room as party of the dessert party set up. It's usually empty at night...maybe they will figure something out

Sure! Yes, that would be good, perhaps with some tables/chairs that would be a little easier for kids and others who could use more of a seat. I'll be sure to include my feedback when I get my survey.

the line closest to the lake is Vader, so, as you are walking toward JT the line on your right is Vader and the line on the left is Seventh Sister

So this will be our first time for Jedi Training, so I just read this, so guess just clarifying, there are 2 lines to wait on to sign up?
I saw youtube videos but just thought it was luck of draw, I know my boys would rather bather Vader.

Thanks, always great tips here I wouldn't even realize.
Kim

So this will be our first time for Jedi Training, so I just read this, so guess just clarifying, there are 2 lines to wait on to sign up?
I saw youtube videos but just thought it was luck of draw, I know my boys would rather bather Vader.

Thanks, always great tips here I wouldn't even realize.
Kim
no, there's one line to sign up but then when you go back at your designated show time there will be 2 lines for kids to stand on. These 2 lines are the ones that separate. one going to fight Vader and the other the Seventh Sister. Someone posted a couple of pages back a picture of the line set up.

no, there's one line to sign up but then when you go back at your designated show time there will be 2 lines for kids to stand on. These 2 lines are the ones that separate. one going to fight Vader and the other the Seventh Sister. Someone posted a couple of pages back a picture of the line set up.

oh great, thanks so much, I will got back through posts now, thanks again

Okay, here are my thoughts on the dessert party from 8/17. I attended with my husband, 9 yo son and 2.5 yo son.

This closed out our DHS day - we started with EMM (loved it), took an afternoon break, then came back for Jedi Training, meeting Kylo Ren and Chewie, and the party. I'd say the party worked out okay for us - not bad, but I think it could have been better. For one, we got there right at the scheduled check-in time of 8:15. I knew we could check in at 8:00, but we were delayed a few minutes from meeting Chewie and then a pit stop for the 2 yo.

The party area was already very crowded, with no tables available. Luckily, my husband snagged a bench off to the side, right next to the bar - convenient for my husband and me. Unfortunately, it just wasn't a great setup for smaller kids, with only the limited high tables and a couple benches around. The outdoor area with tables and seating did seem very pleasant when we walked through, with a cool AC breeze, but we didn't make it that far after getting food and drinks. It felt like I was attending a cocktail party with a toddler - which I guess I was. Holding a plate and drink can be tricky enough when it's just me, but with kids in tow, forget about it. I also felt like we were behind schedule here, as the CM at check-in said we'd all walk over around 8:55, which seemed so early. I was planning on heading out just before the crowd to grab the stroller and get a good spot. But then the party area cleared out, so I thought we'd missed it, and we rushed over. Turns out we were some of the first ones there, so apparently party-goers got their food and drink then dispersed through Launch Bay after ~20-30 minutes.

As for the food - my husband and I ended up eating more of the savory foods than desserts. The flatbread and dips were quite good. We all loved the nutella. 9 yo ate more of the desserts and seemed to like most of it - he gave the bread pudding a thumbs down, but not sure he's a bread pudding person. Husband enjoyed the cocktails and got his money's worth there. He especially loved when the awesome bartender made him a full-size to-go drink in one of the coffee cups. I felt like I barely had time to enjoy the drinks, but did try a couple. We both preferred the citrus drink to the one with rum.

Once we got to the viewing area, the first CM by the entry directed us to the front section with our stroller. There was one other stroller family there as well. Then a 2nd CM came up from the front and was suggesting we move the strollers as it was for wheelchairs. We let her know the other CM had just sent us here and she seemed mildly irritated, but let us stay. Wheelchairs and their companions (who stood) filled in the right end of the front section, while lots of kids and families filled in the left end, and everyone in this area stayed seated the whole time. I actually would have preferred to stand, but was kinda stuck by the time the show started, and was making sure my 2 yo was okay in his stroller anyway. I had a bunch of extra glow bracelets from an Amazon lightning deal where I got a lifetime supply, so passed them out to all the kids around us and those were fun. (Side note: the Jawas weren't interested in them.) I appreciated the waters outside, as others have also mentioned. And, of course, the show itself was amazing. :-)

My takeaway: the party was worth it for us and I don't regret it, but not sure I'd do something like this again with a 2 yo. I think it'd be great for two adults, or maybe with older kids. We were lucky cost-wise with one kid and one "infant," so that helped maximize the value for us. It was definitely great not to sit outside for an hour or more beforehand, and instead get some food, drinks and dessert. It just felt a little rushed and chaotic to me, but I think that was due more to the little kid than anything else. Happy to answer any questions if I can!

Great review! Thanks for all the information! I am seriously considering this BECAUSE I have a 2 year old and do not want to wait an hour an d a half outside for a good spot. But your review does bring up the issues of how there's no seating and feeling rushed/ chaotic... Have to consider those too. how did you handle the stroller situation? I guess he sat in his stroller in front and you were behind him? I'm a little worried about how to handle this and was thinking of just carrying him?

Great review! Thanks for all the information! I am seriously considering this BECAUSE I have a 2 year old and do not want to wait an hour an d a half outside for a good spot. But your review does bring up the issues of how there's no seating and feeling rushed/ chaotic... Have to consider those too. how did you handle the stroller situation? I guess he sat in his stroller in front and you were behind him? I'm a little worried about how to handle this and was thinking of just carrying him?
Yes, given the alternative this is not a bad option. I'd recommend giving yourself extra time and getting there at the earliest possible check in. Even having one of the tall tables would have helped for setting down plates and drinks.

Outside, he did stay in the stroller and I was right next to him with my husband sitting behind. Husband could only see the highest projections but was okay with that (I wouldn't have been). The stroller helps for keeping them in one place beforehand, but holding him would definitely allow for a better view for you. It looked like there was empty space in the back part of the reserved area. I wonder if hanging back there with the stroller until it starts, then taking him out and holding him could work well. There might be enough room that you get some space right in front of you and can see okay.

Good luck, I think you can make it work if you really want to do it!

So to clarify, as I was reading some earlier posts, are they not changing up the "adventures" on Star Tours anymore? Is it now the same one every time?

Ok, here's the last question of our week long 1 year celebration...remember to reply to this post to get your points

“Do or do not, there is no try” Master Yoda

7) During the D23 announcement, in August of 2015, Imagineers said that there will be how many new attractions in Star Wars Land? And what will they be about?
I can go even farther and give you the imagineering code names for the attractions ;)

Any word on when they'll go back to it all being randomized? We ended up getting almost exactly the same experience the 5 times we rode this trip. :(
no clue. I doubt we will get a new scene from Rogue One (although how cool would it be to get the beach scene?) so maybe they re waiting a year? I really don't know. I miss Hoth and Kashyyyk, and Admiral Ackbar

I imagine it'll be back to normal by the time we go after Thanksgiving. I haven't been to Disney since my first trip last September, so hopefully I'll get a chance to see the new scene! Unfortunately, with my slight motion sickness issues, I can only handle Star Tours once or twice/day.

We're attending the desert party in mid-September and am hoping it isn't too crowded as some have said. We did the Frozen desert party a few years ago and I found it fairly delightful. I have yet to see these fireworks (on our last trip they weren't scheduled) so I'm quite excited. It's interesting that the desert portion is inside however there should be no distractions then during the fireworks and a perfect viewing spot. The force will be with us on that night.

We're attending the desert party in mid-September and am hoping it isn't too crowded as some have said. We did the Frozen desert party a few years ago and I found it fairly delightful. I have yet to see these fireworks (on our last trip they weren't scheduled) so I'm quite excited. It's interesting that the desert portion is inside however there should be no distractions then during the fireworks and a perfect viewing spot. The force will be with us on that night.
Have fun, just try and check in early (20 minutes before your party time) and you should be fine.

We are going next Tuesday the 30th which now appears to be sold out (there were still tickets last night when I checked). Someone mentioned the Jawa were out and trading but in a different area, earlier in the thread. Is this area easily accessible from the food drink area? We area really looking forward to this event!

I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I don't know if the Star Wars dessert party dates are continually extended. Will they likely extend to November?

For those that attended, are you packed like sardines in the viewing area? Years ago we did the Anna and Elsa dessert party and it was nice because you had some elbow room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter