• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Hello All!!

I found this board .. And was like OMG OMG .. Yes .. Than another OMG .. And yet another whispered OMG .. I of course am new to this board .. But not new to Start Wars or Disney .. Which are both amazing .. I just got back from a trip to Orlando Disney, where I purchased an amazing Boba Duck pic..now hanging in the man cave .. But anyhow, I digress .. Sooo Hi all .. Luv the board and will stalk often

Hello All!!

I found this board .. And was like OMG OMG .. Yes .. Than another OMG .. And yet another whispered OMG .. I of course am new to this board .. But not new to Start Wars or Disney .. Which are both amazing .. I just got back from a trip to Orlando Disney, where I purchased an amazing Boba Duck pic..now hanging in the man cave .. But anyhow, I digress .. Sooo Hi all .. Luv the board and will stalk often
:welcome: to our little SW family.

I had a thought this morning that is probably way off base. :) Could Disney be cancelling the Galactic Breakfast (which really ticks me off) and possibly SWW itself because they don't WANT to pull in all those extra guests this year? With all the closures, the park will be about half the size as normal. I figure that the majority of people who come for SWW tend to visit DHS for the most part rather than going to all the other parks. Talk about crowded and maybe even early park closures due to reaching capacity. Huge crowds in a small space will lead to short tempers and lots of potential trouble.

I hope I'm wrong because I asked for vacation time months earlier than we are allowed to and I rented DVC points so I could be within walking distance of DHS. I know I'll still have fun even without SWW, but if it doesn't happen this year, I'm seriously considering not taking my usual birthday trip to WDW and going to England instead. I just feel that when an annual event has happened for several years in a row, Disney should let visitors know a year in advance that it's the final year for the event like they did with the Osborne Lights.

I don't like the use of "had". :(

But it has been pointed out to me that not everyone is as careful with their word choice while speaking as I am while listening! :-D

I see the use of had because it was past tense in that they used to announce in December. Not that they were no longer doing the event. I agree with others, the CM you spoke to had no idea one way or the other but doesn't have any reason to think it's cancelled at this point. I do find some part funny on that folks took one little comment from a blogger and ran with it like it's a fact. It may have been nothing more than a social experiment to see how far the rumor would go

I see the use of had because it was past tense in that they used to announce in December. Not that they were no longer doing the event. I agree with others, the CM you spoke to had no idea one way or the other but doesn't have any reason to think it's cancelled at this point. I do find some part funny on that folks took one little comment from a blogger and ran with it like it's a fact. It may have been nothing more than a social experiment to see how far the rumor would go
I'm not the one who spoke to the CM, but I totally agree. Can't ACTUALLY read anything into that. Without any REAL info, natural to start reading into little things, and tough to JUST WAIT.

I will always maintain that they should announce events way further out when they expect some of us to plan 7 or 11 months out.

The date for the 2017 DL SW race will be in the 2016 race promo booklet that's given to all the runners at the Expo. It's part of the packet and will list all the upcoming races especially the next DL SW.
Ah, thanks for the info! Do you happen to recall when they do sign ups? For some reason my memory is telling me six months out, but my memory is highly unreliable lol!

Ah, thanks for the info! Do you happen to recall when they do sign ups? For some reason my memory is telling me six months out, but my memory is highly unreliable lol!

I think it is usually more like 8 or 9 months. The dark side race was announced a little later than usual, and it is still about 7-8 months out.

I think it is usually more like 8 or 9 months. The dark side race was announced a little later than usual, and it is still about 7-8 months out.
I agree... it's about 7-9 months out.

Princess registration was in July and Tink followed in August. Maybe because they knew SW would be in September.

Interesting....I'd love for it to start at the beginning of February, so I could take a trip to Disneyland (possibly half just to ride Hyperspace Mountain). Haha! At one point, I had the impression that SotF would run up into SWW, but I'm not sure where I heard that or why I thought it. March would certainly coincide with many spring breaks.

Yulilin already reported info regarding Disney characters no longer wearing SW garb and now Kenny has posted the same info along with some SotF info: less characters than SWW but some new ones may be out:
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/...will-no-longer-dress-as-star-wars-characters/

At least he's still only stating it as rumor and not fact. I for one think we will get our beloved SWW this year. The more I think about it, the more ludicrous it sounds to cancel the most popular event right after the release of a HUGE film.

Interesting....I'd love for it to start at the beginning of February, so I could take a trip to Disneyland (possibly half just to ride Hyperspace Mountain). Haha! At one point, I had the impression that SotF would run up into SWW, but I'm not sure where I heard that or why I thought it. March would certainly coincide with many spring breaks.
Spring breaks is why I think this sounds so odd... Why have something designed to draw MORE people at one of your busiest times?? Ugh.

If they are going to do away with Star Wars characters dressed as Disney characters then don't sell me the merchandise that reflects that type of marketing.

At least he's still only stating it as rumor and not fact. I for one think we will get our beloved SWW this year. The more I think about it, the more ludicrous it sounds to cancel the most popular event right after the release of a HUGE film.
I keep thinking the same thing... But I think it's the "prepare for the worst" in me that wants to be ready in case they do cancel SWW this year. That, and I must admit that it wouldn't be the first nonsensical thing that Disney will have done... IMHO... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter