**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

well, I'm a dumb-dumb and booked our holiday travel to start when the new movie is released. What are the chances they will release to airplanes the same time it opens in theaters? We are driving part of the time so I guess we will have to find a movie theater on the road. We had to do that for the last Harry Potter movie, too. We were on a road trip and made a detour so we could see it in 4D. Well worth it.

Also, if anyone is attending the Not So Scary Halloween Party, I'm in the market for a Hocus Pocus tshirt. Let me know if we can work something out.

well, I'm a dumb-dumb and booked our holiday travel to start when the new movie is released. What are the chances they will release to airplanes the same time it opens in theaters? We are driving part of the time so I guess we will have to find a movie theater on the road. We had to do that for the last Harry Potter movie, too. We were on a road trip and made a detour so we could see it in 4D. Well worth it.

Also, if anyone is attending the Not So Scary Halloween Party, I'm in the market for a Hocus Pocus tshirt. Let me know if we can work something out.
depending on when you are traveling and how they release the movie they could be showing it Dec. 17 in the evening, at least that's what has happened with the last couple of blockbuster movies, recent example Age of Ultron
As for the shirt, it depends on how much I manage NOT to spend in NYC we might do the party when we come back, so it wouldn't be until after Oct. 27. If there are still tickets left, I know Halloween is already sold out

I'll be at MNSSHP on Tuesday. But, please don't get your hopes up... according to some, only 350 shirts were ordered as a test and most were sold on Tuesday.

Crazy because up to 35,000 guests are in attendance at each party and they only order enough for 1% of one party??

PM me any pertinent details!! :)

Nice! I keep wondering if they will release a new SW pattern dooney and burke. Maybe at the new races. The current one is alright. But to spend that much I want one that is amazing!

interesting since Star Tours doesn't go to Yavin or Dagobah. Maybe new destinations?
EDIT TO ADD: I guess they are just using the destinations from the posters that are after the ride not the actual ride. But still would be cool to see more destinations on the ride

I don't know if I'll get any of these. We already have Star Tours 25th anniversary t-shirts, which I think I like better. Can't wait to see the new ride destinations.

Don't feel bad. We will be flying to Germany on the evening of the 18th. We will already probably take DS out of school an hour or two early. I don't want to take him out all day to see the movie. Plus, I think we are going to be really busy getting ready for the trip. I don't think I want to try to see it in Germany. We should arrive home on xmas eve, so my plan is to see it on xmas day at our local theater that also serves food. So xmas dinner while watching the new Star Wars:thumbsup2 We won't have any food in the house anyway to cook dinner. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

I just received my call back on my email and have absolutely nothing to report. She understands it is hard to plan in advance with no information out there. She said things like "Disney certainly isn't going to decrease its Star Wars presence next year as they want to keep the hype of the movies". She also mentioned the park blogs will likely know what is going on before them. She said to watch it first two weeks of November, assuming more news and events would coincide with the race weekend - and even made reference to "we used to announce early December for the event we HAD in May/June" But again - she kept telling me it was all just her speculation from working there for 15 years and they had absolutely nothing to tell us.

I just received my call back on my email and have absolutely nothing to report. She understands it is hard to plan in advance with no information out there. She said things like "Disney certainly isn't going to decrease its Star Wars presence next year as they want to keep the hype of the movies". She also mentioned the park blogs will likely know what is going on before them. She said to watch it first two weeks of November, assuming more news and events would coincide with the race weekend - and even made reference to "we used to announce early December for the event we HAD in May/June" But again - she kept telling me it was all just her speculation from working there for 15 years and they had absolutely nothing to tell us.

Thanks for posting. So, November is a nice time frame to think about, instead of having to religiously stalk every single day until they announce. Maybe I can just casually stalk for info until November.

So how are we looking at this? Promising or not?

I don't like the use of "had". :(

But it has been pointed out to me that not everyone is as careful with their word choice while speaking as I am while listening! :-D

I've got the dinner RSVP for the Osborne lights - Anyone know what a Disney-style shadowbox looks like? (It'd be really nice if it was a lightbox and lit up the lights behind it...)

As for a Star Wars marathon (just to stay on topic :D ) ... Yousa gonna make me sit through the first 2 movies again? Datsa Boombad...

(And the real question is will they show them in "proper" order... 4, 5, 1*, 2, 3, 6 (* = optional) )
Oh noes...not machete order! Seriously though, I was also wondering what order if they do a marathon. I bet the release order, but who knows!

On another SW note, can anyone tell me when might expect dates for the 2017 DL race? I am guessing after the 2016 one I. January, but I want to be on the ball!

On another SW note, can anyone tell me when might expect dates for the 2017 DL race? I am guessing after the 2016 one I. January, but I want to be on the ball!
The date for the 2017 DL SW race will be in the 2016 race promo booklet that's given to all the runners at the Expo. It's part of the packet and will list all the upcoming races especially the next DL SW.

She said to watch it first two weeks of November, assuming more news and events would coincide with the race weekend - and even made reference to "we used to announce early December for the event we HAD in May/June" But again - she kept telling me it was all just her speculation from working there for 15 years and they had absolutely nothing to tell us.

The race weekend in November is either Wine and Dine or Avengers...confused what would make her think it would tie into SW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter