**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I have absolutely nothing to report, just chiming in that I check this thread several times a week anxiously awaiting confirmation that SWW 2016 will in fact happen. DH is a huge SW fan, DS not as much but loves it and booking this trip during this time frame I purposely booked an extra day so they could attend for the first time. I haven't even told him yet that the character breakfast he thinks I'm going to try really hard to get ADRs for might not be happening.
I'm also hoping for a start date of May 13th, otherwise I guess it wasn't meant to be for my family.
Come on Disney, announce the dates already!!!

Just a reminder that SWW 2015 was announced in December, before 2015 they usually announced January/February so we are still in the time frame and a ways to wait if they stick to their announcements.
I know the waiting sucks big time

Oh. Would Saturday be better than Friday then? We would probably have the option of going on any day of that first weekend.
First weekend is busy just because it's first weekend. A lot of collectors go Friday to get their hands on limited edition merchandise and media is every where. Saturday will be a bit better but not by much, so it really is a personal choice.

Just a reminder that SWW 2015 was announced in December, before 2015 they usually announced January/February so we are still in the time frame and a ways to wait if they stick to their announcements.
I know the waiting sucks big time
Thanks - that's encouraging to hear!
Since the girls will be doing an MK day when the guys are supposed to be at DHS I guess I will just put them on all of my ADRs just in case it doesn't happen. Since we didn't plan for AK this trip if it doesn't happen I imagine the guys might go off and do that on their own. First world problems I know!

First weekend is busy just because it's first weekend. A lot of collectors go Friday to get their hands on limited edition merchandise and media is every where. Saturday will be a bit better but not by much, so it really is a personal choice.
Also good information to have.

Why would the At-At spit water?

ETA: I assume they stopped doing it because it made the JTA stage wet, and now they started it back up because that's not a consideration, and maybe to generate some goodwil with people. But I don't get why an At-At would spit water. I guess they can't shoot lasers at guests ;) so the water is the "ammo?"

The flex theater behind RnRC has a name and it looks good...as to right now it will be used for Magic music Days and maybe the cheerleaders and will probably be used for SWW shows (if we have them) pictures courtesy of WDWMagic
image-jpg.113260

HollywoodStudios_10052015-4.jpg

Oh, okay. :( Bummer.

Why would the At-At spit water?

ETA: I assume they stopped doing it because it made the JTA stage wet, and now they started it back up because that's not a consideration, and maybe to generate some goodwil with people. But I don't get why an At-At would spit water. I guess they can't shoot lasers at guests ;) so the water is the "ammo?"
yeah the water is the ammo and it was doing it while the show was going on, well not the water part but the "pew pew" part :)

What exactly IS Seasons of the Force?
excellent question....we don't know yet.
We only have what Disney announced during D23
Here at DHS it will be weekend fireworks set to SW music, special food and beverages, showing of SW clips inside ABC Sound Studio (old Sounds Dangerous) new Force Awakens sequence in Star Tours and Launch Bay

yeah the water is the ammo and it was doing it while the show was going on, well not the water part but the "pew pew" part :)

I hope they figure out a way to keep that going once JTA (JTT?) is reopened. (Maybe they'll put a roof over the stage! :) )

Oh. Would Saturday be better than Friday then? We would probably have the option of going on any day of that first weekend.

As @yulilin3 mentioned above, Saturdays are typically busier except for that first weekend. And there's usually a negligible difference between Sat and Sun. Any other weekend, Friday is best, but still busy.

What exactly IS Seasons of the Force?

Good question!

[QUOTE"yulilin3, post: 54550734, member: 167146"]excellent question....we don't know yet.
We only have what Disney announced during D23
Here at DHS it will be weekend fireworks set to SW music, special food and beverages, showing of SW clips inside ABC Sound Studio (old Sounds Dangerous) new Force Awakens sequence in Star Tours and Launch Bay[/QUOTE]

We wait "patiently" in anticipation!

Very interesting! I've never done any of the SWW so I'm not familiar with the fireworks shows at DHS. If the park closes at 7 p.m., and Fantasmic! is at 7 p.m., would the fireworks show be after that then, or also at 7 p.m.?

Very interesting! I've never done any of the SWW so I'm not familiar with the fireworks shows at DHS. If the park closes at 7 p.m., and Fantasmic! is at 7 p.m., would the fireworks show be after that then, or also at 7 p.m.?
during SWW the park closes later, there is usually 2 Fantasmic! with the SW fireworks in the middle.

I guess i spoke too soon about not hearing from WDW on my 2nd email about if SWW is going go happen or not. I received a call this morning from Allison at WDW. We talked for 13 minutes! I took notes, however i dont have them in front of me. She could not confirm anything at this point. One thing i wanted to go ahead and mention is that she said they have had lots of calls, letters and emails from people concerned about SWW 2016. She said that they are logging each one and after they respond to them they are passing all correspondence to the Hollywood Studios event planning team. With that being said, EVERYONE needs to contact them and tell them how much SWW means to you and that they must have it in 2016! :mic: The squeaky wheel gets the oil!
She said they have had a lot happening at WDW and she assured me an announcement would be made but she couldnt tell me when it might be. Re said last year it was announced mid December but she doesn't know if we should expect one sooner. When i get my notes tomorrow i will post more details.

Ok, here are the notes from my conversation with Allison. She said that she had worked for Disney for over 20 years and that she often is a tour guide for SWW events. She apologized for the continued lack of information. She said that despite the unofficial reports the only dates for Season of the Force thay have been announced are for Disneyland only. She stated Launch Bay is the only thing that has been announced for WDW. She said at times it seems that the unofficial websites are leaked information some how because at times what they report ends up being true, however many times they are wrong. She stated they expect the new movie to be a huge success and she feels that they will increase the promotion of Star Wars and its presence in the parks leading up to the opening of Star Wars Land. She said she understands how frustrating it is for SWW fans to hear and see all the speculation. She said Disney is not intentionally withholding information from us. She said they have been very busy at WDW and that they literally only knew 1 day prior to the AP changes. She would not be surprised by the reported Season of the Force dates, she said it would make sense to her for them to have SoF, then the the SW run, then SWW. She stated she hopes that we have additional offerings during SWW. She stated she is a SW fan and spends money every year at SWW herself. She stated she really doubts that SWW is over, she suspects SWW may be a little different but better than what we have seen in the past. I questioned about WDW announcing the end of Osborne Light Spectacular and if she would expect an announcement prior to the end of SWW. She stated that Osborne lights is a huge event much like SWW and if they were planning to end SWW she would expext them to announce it before the last event to give fans an opportunity to make a final visit. She is hopeful that we will know before early December. We discussed trip planning and she reinforced to make our plans as normal and secure our adrs. We discussed all the correspondence they have received in regards to SWW and that they are logging them and relaying all of our concerns to the HS event planning team. She said she had my number and as soon as she knows anything offical she will call and update me.

@momof2halls thanks for the detailed report. I was at DHS yesterday to enjoy all of the last sets of Mulch Sweat and Shears and asked a couple of people, regular C and management about all of it, SotF,SWW, when will JT be reopened...all I got was "We don't know".
It was a bittersweet day yesterday, on the one hand I had my daughter with 6 of her closest friends celebrating her birthday (her bday isn't until the 26th but we are going to NYC for that and this was the only weekend she could go with her friends) it was fun and I loved seeing the excitement from kids that have never been to DHS or seen Fantasmic! (2 of the girls cried) playing bubbles (yes, teenage girls that are too cool for everything else going nuts for bubbles)...and then the sad goodbye to a band that has been a staple of DHS for 11 years and actually are one of the main reasons my son went into music and performing. I just don't see the point in letting them go...I understand Osborne lights even though it pains me to no end but the band? because they would lose their rehearsal space due to construction? they can rehearse somewhere else, Disney has plenty of office spaces all over Orlando...this was just to save a couple of bucks and I got really angry and upset. The band did a great job yesterday, trying to keep a positive attitude and at the end they got a message that they had finally gotten a record deal (not true of course, all part of the story)
I'm sorry for my mini rant I just had a tough time yesterday with seeing them go

I understand the disappointment when a favorite goes away, @yulilin3. I never really "got" Mulch Sweat and Shears -- we tending to avoid it. I'm not clear on how it fit into the theming either, but I may well be in the minority. Not that this should lessen your disappointment at all, but I suspect that for every guest who really misses them, many more will never notice -- I'm sure we wouldn't have, and we've been to WDW A LOT. I also don't know that it was just to save a few bucks. With all of the changes afoot for DHS, I'd expect changes in entertainment. All that said, I know it STINKS when a favorite disappears. :( I hope that on net, you had a good time yesterday. :)

Ok, here are the notes from my conversation with Allison. She said that she had worked for Disney for over 20 years and that she often is a tour guide for SWW events. She apologized for the continued lack of information. She said that despite the unofficial reports the only dates for Season of the Force thay have been announced are for Disneyland only. She stated Launch Bay is the only thing that has been announced for WDW. She said at times it seems that the unofficial websites are leaked information some how because at times what they report ends up being true, however many times they are wrong. She stated they expect the new movie to be a huge success and she feels that they will increase the promotion of Star Wars and its presence in the parks leading up to the opening of Star Wars Land. She said she understands how frustrating it is for SWW fans to hear and see all the speculation. She said Disney is not intentionally withholding information from us. She said they have been very busy at WDW and that they literally only knew 1 day prior to the AP changes. She would not be surprised by the reported Season of the Force dates, she said it would make sense to her for them to have SoF, then the the SW run, then SWW. She stated she hopes that we have additional offerings during SWW. She stated she is a SW fan and spends money every year at SWW herself. She stated she really doubts that SWW is over, she suspects SWW may be a little different but better than what we have seen in the past. I questioned about WDW announcing the end of Osborne Light Spectacular and if she would expect an announcement prior to the end of SWW. She stated that Osborne lights is a huge event much like SWW and if they were planning to end SWW she would expext them to announce it before the last event to give fans an opportunity to make a final visit. She is hopeful that we will know before early December. We discussed trip planning and she reinforced to make our plans as normal and secure our adrs. We discussed all the correspondence they have received in regards to SWW and that they are logging them and relaying all of our concerns to the HS event planning team. She said she had my number and as soon as she knows anything offical she will call and update me.

A lot of this sounds like the conversation I had a few weeks ago. It may have actually been the same CM. Allison sounds familiar.

It looks like cm's for the most part are confident that SWW will happen this year. I certainly hope they're right. I know we'll be booking our BLT this coming week. This SWW will be my son's 10th birthday. We'll all be very disappointed if we have to cancel in a month.

Thanks so much for the update @momof2halls !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter