• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

I just booked sunshine flyers for our arrival because they had a slight discount and kids 3-9 fly free 👍 First time trying them but hopefully it's as easy as MEARS Connect was. Anyone here have experience with sunshine flyers?

Our ride back will have 8 people (our 2 adult kids and my daughter's fiance are meeting up with us halfway through the trip) so I am going to book a private MEARS transportation again.

I just booked sunshine flyers for our arrival because they had a slight discount and kids 3-9 fly free 👍 First time trying them but hopefully it's as easy as MEARS Connect was. Anyone here have experience with sunshine flyers?

Our ride back will have 8 people (our 2 adult kids and my daughter's fiance are meeting up with us halfway through the trip) so I am going to book a private MEARS transportation again.
No experience but I've been researching because we're also going to take advantage of that deal. 2 adults, 3 kids makes that rate a no-brainer.

Most important thing with Sunshine is that it's exactly opposite where Mears is / ME was. When you go down in terminal B, you should be walking away from Mears and you're headed in the correct direction :-)

So any thoughts on what crowds will be like this September? It has been so busy all year so I was expecting busier than it used to be but sitting here plugging in our dates and POP still has all room types available for our 11 nights. That usually isn't the case this close to the trip that I can remember anyway.

What are you trying to get?
A few tough things like Space 220 and ohana, but mostly just the whole process for a large group of needing to be on the phone with my SIL at 7am trying for two close time reservations at the same place. It’s just feeling like it’s going to be a whole stressful experience and even though I have back ups that should be easier to get for each day, I already know I’ll feel disappointed if my wish list doesn’t totally come together. I think I might need to take myself out for breakfast after as a reward/consolation 😂

Most of you are Disney experts but wanted to share my favorite Disney news site, Disney Tourist Blog. Tom is phenomenal and typically posts 2-3 blogs per day. All the info you need and then some :)
I love that blog.

Does anyone have experience or insight into what happens with entertainment at MK during the day in the hours prior to MNSSHP? For example, will we be able to see FoF parade? Or the daytime stage show at the castle? I’ve heard those days can be a great time to do rides, but I’m also interested in some of what was missing during Covid. My kids haven’t gotten to see any parade or big show and I think they will love it. I’m debating taking them to MNSSHP one of the nights, but we will prioritize a regular MK experience on another day. My understanding is it’s usually packed on, say, a Monday for people trying to catch the regular fireworks. We are not soo set on that part and don’t love camping out for the evening - wouldn’t mind catching it from a monorail resort or something like that. I’m rambling, but what I’m trying to decide is whether MK makes more sense on a Monday (no party) versus Tuesday (before the party) keeping in mind my group will never be rope drop-to-fireworks type people. No park hopping. Low to medium stamina. 🙂

Does anyone have experience or insight into what happens with entertainment at MK during the day in the hours prior to MNSSHP? For example, will we be able to see FoF parade? Or the daytime stage show at the castle? I’ve heard those days can be a great time to do rides, but I’m also interested in some of what was missing during Covid. My kids haven’t gotten to see any parade or big show and I think they will love it. I’m debating taking them to MNSSHP one of the nights, but we will prioritize a regular MK experience on another day. My understanding is it’s usually packed on, say, a Monday for people trying to catch the regular fireworks. We are not soo set on that part and don’t love camping out for the evening - wouldn’t mind catching it from a monorail resort or something like that. I’m rambling, but what I’m trying to decide is whether MK makes more sense on a Monday (no party) versus Tuesday (before the party) keeping in mind my group will never be rope drop-to-fireworks type people. No park hopping. Low to medium stamina. 🙂
They still do the parade and stage shows, just not the fireworks. I know, in the past, they bumped the parade up an hour for some of party season but I can't recall if that was all the way through Halloween and Christmas. Plus, no idea how that would work with the parade running twice right now.

If you don't want to deal with fireworks crowds, it's pretty much universally agreed that, until 4pm, party days are some of the lowest MK crowd days of the fall. We have no idea what that will look like in 2022, though. Crowd patterns have been very surprising through much of the last two years, so maybe they will surprise us again when parties resume.

It's an evening event for DVC members. This one will be at AK!
Is this going to be yet another night taken away from regular park hours for us non-DVC members and the already scheduled Halloween parties?

So any thoughts on what crowds will be like this September?
I was in The World the two weeks after Thanksgiving - usually quite slow. It was busy. Far busier than I had seen in past early December trips.

I'm going the same dates as you and right now Touring Plans still has crowd levels at 2 and 3 across the parks. Even so, I'm expecting Sept to be far more crowded this year.
It has been so busy all year so I was expecting busier than it used to be but sitting here plugging in our dates and POP still has all room types available for our 11 nights. That usually isn't the case this close to the trip that I can remember anyway.
I've never noticed that. But I don't often check for availability in June/July. I hope that means we'll get typical September crowds.

I'm nervous about two things:
1. Crowds
2. Temperature

My daughter chose September based on past crowd levels, and because of this we were willing to endure the heat, or at least she was willing. I'm planning on doing a lot of relaxing at the pool. Parks early and late. I hope I don't die!

I'm nervous about two things:
1. Crowds
2. Temperature

My daughter chose September based on past crowd levels, and because of this we were willing to endure the heat, or at least she was willing. I'm planning on doing a lot of relaxing at the pool. Parks early and late. I hope I don't die!
It's really hard to say what crowd levels will be in Sept. We have learned that historical crowd numbers are just not reliable. My suggestion would be to have no expectations.

It is hot. Very hot. Prepare accordingly!

It's really hard to say what crowd levels will be in Sept. We have learned that historical crowd numbers are just not reliable. My suggestion would be to have no expectations.

It is hot. Very hot. Prepare accordingly!
Lol...I agree, no expectations here. Hot and heavy crowds would be no surprise for sure. :flower3:

Lol...I agree, no expectations here. Hot and heavy crowds would be no surprise for sure. :flower3:
We've been to WDW in September before and loved the timing. Definitely hot, but not July/August hot. Despite the unpredictable nature of crowds this year, I'm hopeful the low crowd trend in September will continue with the reality of inflation/gas prices really hitting by then.

My fan helps me more than anything. I invested in a $45.00 strong fan to wear around my neck from Amazon 2 years ago. People stopped me (including Disney employees) asking me were I got such a small but very very strong fan. It was worth the 45.00. I also carry a cooling towel in my bag which is nice too. I have fair skin, burn easily and get hot easily so these things really help me.

Going the 16-24th, Saratoga Springs!
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @merry_nbright !!!! We are so glad you have joined us for the last couple of months to countdown these September trips. :welcome: Nice, 9 day trip you have planned at Saratoga Springs. Congrats on your trip and joining this Group. I will add you to the CountDown List and we will see you here for more planning!!! pooh::eeyore:

Is this going to be yet another night taken away from regular park hours for us non-DVC members and the already scheduled Halloween parties?

No, Moonlight Magic is held after normal park hours. You may see an influx of DVC guests a few hours before park close, but it shouldn’t impact park hours.

My fan helps me more than anything. I invested in a $45.00 strong fan to wear around my neck from Amazon 2 years ago. People stopped me (including Disney employees) asking me were I got such a small but very very strong fan. It was worth the 45.00. I also carry a cooling towel in my bag which is nice too. I have fair skin, burn easily and get hot easily so these things really help me.
That sounds so good I would love to have the brand name to track it down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter