***Official September 2022 Thread***

Well we are booked with Mears Connect. Now American has changed our flights again this weekend so now all our flight times will work to use Sunshine Flyer (originally our departure flight left before their service started for the day). So what is everyone using? Mears or Sunshine Flyer?
We went with Sunshine Flyer for both this September trip & October using the special that runs through July. We used Mears on our January trip & didn't have any issues. The reviews for Sunshine Flyer seem to be much better.

It sounds like the Minnie Vans are back also - those are pretty expensive though, right?

ETA: Never mind, it looks like they only operate within WDW and don't do airport routes.

It sounds like the Minnie Vans are back also - those are pretty expensive though, right?

ETA: Never mind, it looks like they only operate within WDW and don't do airport routes.
How many in your party? It might be worth it to hire a private driver versus using one of the bus services.

ADR day is next Tuesday for us - so far all we have on the wish list is lunch at Skipper Canteen and a late reservation one night at Oga's.

Also crossing our fingers we will get spots for Moonlight Magic - reservations open the same morning as ADR's for us!
did you get in to Moonlight Magic?

We were able to get Animal Kingdom - Moonlight Magic tickets for September 28th. I'll be interested to see how it all goes.

We were able to get Animal Kingdom - Moonlight Magic tickets for September 28th. I'll be interested to see how it all goes.
Me too! Where are you guys staying? We are at BWV. I was very anxious about registering, but it was no problem.
I can’t believe it is not sold out yet.

Me too! Where are you guys staying? We are at BWV. I was very anxious about registering, but it was no problem.
I can’t believe it is not sold out yet.

We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was nervous, but we made it.

July 26th has just sold out.

Looking at Tiffany Town Car or another car service.
I'm going to use Tiffany again. I really liked them in January.
Is there a reason the buses would be preferable to Uber?
Availability and pricing are sometimes issues with Uber/Lyft. I was told by a friend who lives down there, depending on time, pricing can be ridiculous and there's less available drivers lately because gas prices are making it not worth it for them to do.

Extended evening hours for sept 5&7th are out- looks like they’re keeping the Monday Epcot, Wed MK even with the Labor Day party.
Yes, I'm very happy they didn't change EEH that week. We arrive around lunchtime and are doing Epcot on the 5th, so those 2 extra hours will be helpful for us (hopefully). I'm also glad they adjusted MK park hours to 10pm close on the 6th. How many rides can you fit in after fireworks in that amount of time? Not interested in the exit crowds.😬

I'm hoping to book a dinner ADR on arrival day (Labor Day) for Le Cellier - do I even have a chance at that? What would be a good backup for that? We are wanting to do a nice meal even though F&W is going on. I wish we had time to hit a nice restaurant at Disney Springs, but this is such a short trip, I just don't want to waste any park time doing that. We arrive midday the 5th and leave in the evening on the 7th. No hoppers.

We are staying at BWV and going to the September 28th MM too.
Cool. I am sure we will cross paths. This is my husband’s first time staying at BWV. i stayed in December 2021 but he did not go on that trip.

we have two gardenview studios booked after weeks of stalking (we had club level at AKV for October but I modified it).

Reactions: rlk
Cool. I am sure we will cross paths. This is my husband’s first time staying at BWV. i stayed in December 2021 but he did not go on that trip.

we have two gardenview studios booked after weeks of stalking (we had club level at AKV for October but I modified it).
I hope your husband enjoys BWV. My husband and I took our first adult-only trip last July and stayed at BWV for the first time. We liked our stay so much that we chose it again for this trip over our favorite - BCV. Again, it is just the two of us (college-age kids) and we are so excited to attend our first MM party.

How many in your party? It might be worth it to hire a private driver versus using one of the bus services.
Just my dad and myself and he's actually arriving the day before me.
did you get in to Moonlight Magic?
Yep!! My dad had to wait about 2 hours this morning he said but he was able to get them for us! I had to work and he's the DVC owner anyway, just not the best with technology... lol. He was like number 14k in line he said - so glad the August date didn't sell out before he got them. I'm thinking it is the lowest crowd time of any of the dates so that probably worked in our favor!

I'm hoping to book a dinner ADR on arrival day (Labor Day) for Le Cellier - do I even have a chance at that? What would be a good backup for that? We are wanting to do a nice meal even though F&W is going on.
I have been checking availability a lot as summer crows roll in. Le cellier usually pops up for me with open times for 4 or 6 at 60 days. Labor days crowds are a wild card I guess but it doesn’t seem like the toughest to get spot these days.

I have been checking availability a lot as summer crows roll in. Le cellier usually pops up for me with open times for 4 or 6 at 60 days. Labor days crowds are a wild card I guess but it doesn’t seem like the toughest to get spot these days.
I'm happy to see it isn't slim pickings when I look at ADR times and dates! It was horrible in Jan and meh in May. It can only get better, right?

We aren't planning on too many ADRs. Right now I hope to get Space 220 lounge and would also like to surprise DH with Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Hello everyone! I haven't been since Sept 2017 (Hurricane Irma made an appearance too...), but I'm finally planning to go back this year! Dates are Sept 4th-Sept 10th, with the first night being offsite because it was an add-on. The rest of the stay will be at Pop Century. I got Genie+ for the stay, since I have a LOT of new things to try to do, especially in HS. Fingers crossed I can get through most of my must-do list!
We’ll be at the POP the 3rd -the 10th! I’ve never met anyone from the boards but back in the day I used to pin the lime green Micky heads to our backpacks just in case! Lol.

I'm nervous about two things:
1. Crowds
2. Temperature

My daughter chose September based on past crowd levels, and because of this we were willing to endure the heat, or at least she was willing. I'm planning on doing a lot of relaxing at the pool. Parks early and late. I hope I don't die!
If it makes you feel any better, my family used to always go the last week of July. It’s hot, and humid, but it is doable if you stay hydrated, take breaks, and use things like neck fans and cooling towels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter