***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited 4 hours in line a couple years ago during Star Wars Weekend for the gift shop "Darths Maul".
:offtopic: You got my curiosity up. What was it that was worth 4 hours of your life? I'm wondering if you were in line when I was there because I worked the Darths Maul line a couple of times.

you have to line up wherever the touch points are uncovered. This is one of the first things they came around to do.

There was also an AP line (far right) which they opened up for EMH / DVC Pandora that day. Not sure how many touch points will be used tomorrow.

People tend to automatically line up behind whomever is first. On Monday there were only a couple entry points.

Thank you, that is very helpful!:worship:

Also like to know do you need to bend your knees like back or is more just like sittiing down and forward.

Depends on your height. I'm 5'4 and was on my toes both times. 1st was with my legs pretty much straight down like riding a standard motorcycle only much lower to the ground - which is why you are on the balls of your feet.

(similar to figure in the middle of this schematic)

2nd time, I bent my body a little more and moved my knees all the way forward into the front cavity more like riding a sportbike.

My DH is 6 ft. He was hitting his knees on something when he pulled too far forward so he moved his legs back a little resting on his toes. (similar to figure 2nd from left)

I got picked at my work location to go over to DAK and see Pandora!

I fit on FoP but I feel like if I was much bigger I wouldn't. For reference, I can ride everything at Universal but need a modified seat on RRR, and I can't ride Mako at SeaWorld because my thighs are too big.

I loved both rides. I also had the cheeseburger "pod" kids meal while my coordinator bought something at the gift shop.

I've heard FoP can have restrictions for the size of riders and several people have been removed due to size. Can anyone answer what sizes is too big for the ride? We are going in October and hate to waste a FP on the ride if members of our group are too big to ride.

I am 5'9, 204 pounds, female and carry all my weight in my belly and my boobs. I had no problem at all.

I've seen gates at DHS, but I'm not sure if they go all the way across. I've never noticed them at MK or Epcot.

Grabbed a photo of the MK gate (handle) years ago-never seen them closed though.

SP2008094.jpg

To be honest it took me an hour including the ride to do it in preview. It might be the first ride I wasn't uphappy for waiting and probably would have been ok with double the wait.. But, I wasn't trying to do the whole park that day so it didnt' matter if it took longer, I wasn't missing out on anything else so I might be a little jadded/blind to what the impact of that long off a wait really was.

I'm definitely willing to wait that long to experience it all, though I dont think we will have to in early December. We will be allocating two days for AK/Pandora out of 7 days

Grabbed a photo of the MK gate (handle) years ago-never seen them closed though.

SP2008094.jpg

Oh yeah the MK ones are the tunnels under the train station right not the tapstiles. I closed Epcot many nights and never saw gates there. I legit have no clue if the prk ever really "locked up" and like I said one of 10 regular day employees left many a night.

I updated it last night. It's not showing any other updates. The rides show up when you scroll over that part of AK but it just says they open tomorrow.

I'm on android, I can't see them either. For a long time we were ahead of the app curve this year but seems apple got the new version where you can see it out earlier..

It's also past 2pm, others reported the soft would be over at 2 so we might be looking for something that isn't there right now.

FOP- I'm 5'5" and weigh 294 with a 54" stomach. I rode today and just fit. I feel if I was any bigger I wouldn't have been able to.
That said the ride is amazing! We loved it and can't wait to go again.

Saw both wait times earlier, around noontime, on my Samsung, but now they're gone - which is even more confusing.

I'm on android, I can't see them either. For a long time we were ahead of the app curve this year but seems apple got the new version where you can see it out earlier..

It's also past 2pm, others reported the soft would be over at 2 so we might be looking for something that isn't there right now.
I have an iPhone and can not see a thing or could not this morning

I'm honestly a bit annoyed at how Disney has not included a lot of the cool things in the FP line. When we visited Harry Potter in Hollywood we rode Forbidden Journey once thru the entire standby queue. We were given a front of line pass by someone working the ride because my dad's Arthur Weasley costume was spot on! In the express line you get to see everything-they have a separate stair entrance with the 4 house founders portraits talking to each other. Then you enter the regular rooms just walk thru a separate line than SB. And you merge at the very end. It's weird Disney couldn't have done something similar.

I'm honestly a bit annoyed at how Disney has not included a lot of the cool things in the FP line. When we visited Harry Potter in Hollywood we rode Forbidden Journey once thru the entire standby queue. We were given a front of line pass by someone working the ride because my dad's Arthur Weasley costume was spot on! In the express line you get to see everything-they have a separate stair entrance with the 4 house founders portraits talking to each other. Then you enter the regular rooms just walk thru a separate line than SB. And you merge at the very end. It's weird Disney couldn't have done something similar.

There are plenty express pass lines at universal where you skip everything as well. Having physically seperate lines makes it harder to skip into the FP line and is very smart on the operations point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter