***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm excited to see Pandora. I'll admit I totally didn't understand why Disney was going with Avatar for a land & wished it would've been a land that had all the different mythical creatures they have in the different Disney movies instead. But I knew whatever was done would have Disney magic in it. And after seeing pics & videos it looks nice, plus going with the theme of the world instead of strictly off the events of the movie (if that makes sense) was a great idea.
It'll be interesting & more telling when it opens to the general public. We're going in Sept., so luckily I have a chance to read everyone's views & see how the crowds move thru before we have to plan for our AK day.
Oh & a big THANK YOU to all those posting pics, reviews, etc. It is very much appreciated by all of us poor unfortunate souls stuck at home.

Off-topic and because it's a slow morning on the thread:

Not only is this week "Finals Week" for @rteetz/Ryan, today is his birthday!

:bday: Ryan! Enjoy your exam-free day. And, thanks for all you do for DISers!! :goodvibes

Thanks! It will be a nice easy day with some studying.

Feliz Cumpleaños Ryan and May the Force be With You :)

Thank you!

Hey, this is a family friendly forum. Oh wait, that probably means Happy Birthday. Ditto Ryan, but I probably still have shoes older than you.

Thanks! Haha

I haven't seen any really detailed reviews of anything, really.

No mention of how many screens are used in NRJ, or how many show rooms there are. No real mention of what all FoP does, ride wise, just vastly differing opinions of how much it moves. No reviews of the food, except one person saying the new drink was horrible.

Not even a review of the cheesecake ball.

Just "FoP is amazing", even though no details have been given to really back that statement up, unless you think Soarin' is amazing, which is, uh, not my opinion for sure. But that would clear things up at least.

Odd, really

J

Media reviews from a media day are RARELY negative. ACE basically requires you to say nothing negative at one at a park. Disney bloggers who live in Orlando, and live off Disney essentially are NEVER going to bad mouth them.

Like the person who said everyone on the Dish loved the food they tried on camera, do you REALLY think one of them would make a nasty face and spit it out? C'mon.

This board is the only big one that ALLOWS differing opinions. He who shall not be named deletes everything even remotely not totally pro Disney.

My question has mostly been what MAKES FoP amazingl. It seems the answer is because it's very similar to Soarin'. Which is good info, as I think Soarin' is ride I won't wait more than 10 minutes for.

I LOVE James Cameron's movies, including Avatar. I was caught up in the hype on this, but it's been tempered

J
I think you need to branch out on your reading if you think all the Disney bloggers out there are Disney apologists that never say anything negative. That is not at all accurate
And I admit I've tried to avoid detailed reviews but I've seen some that I scanned across here in this thread that were pretty dang detailed, from that I could tell. Are you sure you've read everything here in this thread?
It's like you are looking with blinders so you can spin things that people aren't posting honest opinions
Just because you haven't read them doesn't mean they don't exist. Try googling a bit more maybe?

Finally warched Avatar all the way thhrough last night. I am not sure why I never finished it. I guess I have a tendancy to be on the negative nancy side and just not watch super hyped things (I did it with Wicked the musical as well but saw it and now one of my favorites) I have been working to combat that so sat down and watched Avatar with an open mind. I'll admit it did not feel as long as it is. I did find the story to be good and the villain is just pure evil. With that said as I've gotten older I've no longer understand the argument that the plot isn't new. Quiet frankly no plots are new. Heck I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this weekend and you could boil that plot down to being nothing new if you only took the one line approach. Still both movies were solid movies and were enjoyable. It definitely made me more jazzed for Saturday because now I'll understand the world just a tiny bit more.

It tells a story. Starts off kinda dark and foreboding. Then it gets brighter. Then more lively and music kicks in. Then the finale of the {edited out}.
Gee thanks. I'm going on Saturday and was TRYING to ride avoid spoilers.

Finally warched Avatar all the way thhrough last night. I am not sure why I never finished it. I guess I have a tendancy to be on the negative nancy side and just not watch super hyped things (I did it with Wicked the musical as well but saw it and now one of my favorites) I have been working to combat that so sat down and watched Avatar with an open mind. I'll admit it did not feel as long as it is. I did find the story to be good and the villain is just pure evil. With that said as I've gotten older I've no longer understand the argument that the plot isn't new. Quiet frankly no plots are new. Heck I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this weekend and you could boil that plot down to being nothing new if you only took the one line approach. Still both movies were solid movies and were enjoyable. It definitely made me more jazzed for Saturday because now I'll understand the world just a tiny bit more.
I never got the entire "Plot isn't new" argument myself. So what? Does a plot have to be new to be a good movie?
DGD hasn't seen it. I think we'll plan a time to watch over the next couple of weeks. It's been years since I've seen it myself, other than bits and pieces we happen to tune in to while channel surfing

Pandora is like the second half of the E.T. ride was made into a full land (or at least an impressive double ride facade) and was modernized . It's not going to be for everyone, but it is really neat.

I thought TimTracker (YouTube vlogger ) did a fair assessment of Pandora yesterday. He had 3 people review the two attractions and he actually preferred NrJ over FoP (he likes boat rides).
For me it was the fairest review of them all. I strongly suggest it.

i watched it
im not sure i would call it the fairest review
its just an honest review of one person (in this case three people)
i think Craig Williams review is just as fair
in general the the GP will be far more flexible and open to liking an attraction than theme park sites

i watched it
im not sure i would call it the fairest review
its just an honest review of one person (in this case three people)
i think Craig Williams review is just as fair
in general the the GP will be far more flexible and open to liking an attraction than theme park sites
like the girl in the video said, she was willing to let herself be swept away and Tim was more critical, looking around at how things work. And again, that's the beauty of individuality. I think that if people go in with an open mind and allowing yourself to be immersed in it, you will have a better experience. Not to say that you can't find faults, because it has them, but going in with an open, positive attitude is better than going in expecting and wanting to hate it.

im also curious if the faces of mo ara painting area is gonna be popular
i can see kids up to about 10-12 years old being popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter