***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm surprised I haven't seen any reviews.
The Lumpia was quite tasty

Was surprised I liked it.

IMHO, the QS food options are the best of any QS on property. I've really enjoyed the cheeseburger bao, and the kale/romaine with grilled chicken and creamy herb dressing.

And the non-alcoholic smoothie

I know. You attended an AK CM Preview.

An Entertainment CM and a Wedding event CM attended on Friday, the general CM Preview, and neither one were advised they could stay after their Preview time to try to wait for FoP. Both groups missed out on riding FoP although they could have ridden NRJ a number of times.

The Wedding CM stated his kids, ages 8 and 10, asked if they "had" to ride NRJ again because after their 1st ride, they didn't want to ride again. That's all the info he shared because he didn't want to spoil anything for the other CMs who were performing at the Friday afternoon wedding.

There is no waiting around to ride FoP. One gets the assigned ride time ticket at the entrance to the area and only a certain amount are handed out. The standby queue was open for walking thru and looking at things but only those with the assigned-time tickets can ride.

Found that, thanks. Seems like the food is not tallying up a good metascore, besides the cheesecake, which it's cheesecake, hard to screw up.

Still stand by my opinion that the overall opinions, all given so far by super fans and media has been fairly middling. And the only thing that is "fantastic" is Flight of Passage, which is like Soarin' which I think may be the most over-rated ride in Orlando.

J
That's what's great about opinions. We all have them, they can all be different and we should respect everyone's opinion even if we don't agree.
Just because I didn't like the cheeseburger pod doesn't mean I will tell people not to have them. Some hands had them ana liked them, the beauty of different likes.

You are on a Disney fan site, along with all the fun reviews on the internet coming from Disney related sites. All the reviews you are going to find here are from super fans. If you want something else you aren't in the right place. CNET a tech blog site did a review of Pandora and thoroughly enjoyed Pandora.

No, I expect a fairly honest set of reviews. Those will come when the normals go I guess.

FYI, just watched Adam Hattan, a youtuber of WDW, gives a pretty great detailed opinions of his experiences of Pandora. I watched it twice and looking forward to seeing this land in couple of years.

No, I expect a fairly honest set of reviews. Those will come when the normals go I guess.
My suggestion would be your best bet for the information you specifically want is to go yourself and experience it. It's totally up to you if you want to judge your level of interest off the reviews of others but at the same time you still have the power to choose to go or not.

I'll be honest the videos and reviews I've seen have given me plenty of information about whether I'm going to want to do W and see X and eat at Y and shop at Z but that's just me personally.

*FWIW I personally think it's unfair to characterize the reviews/videos you've seen on the DIS and through media as not honest simply because they are on the DIS or part of the media*

I have no idea how anyone can judge a land or the food that they serve..if someone hasn't been to the land to experience it and been there to try the food. Makes zero sense.

I couldn't careless if someone that's been gives a positive or a negative review of Pandora..but there's been a few posts of just bashing Pandora from people who have never been and it's borderline comical. Why not just keep an open mind and experience the land and all it offers whenever everyone goes there themselves?

Media reviews from a media day are RARELY negative. ACE basically requires you to say nothing negative at one at a park. Disney bloggers who live in Orlando, and live off Disney essentially are NEVER going to bad mouth them.

Like the person who said everyone on the Dish loved the food they tried on camera, do you REALLY think one of them would make a nasty face and spit it out? C'mon.

This board is the only big one that ALLOWS differing opinions. He who shall not be named deletes everything even remotely not totally pro Disney.

My question has mostly been what MAKES FoP amazingl. It seems the answer is because it's very similar to Soarin'. Which is good info, as I think Soarin' is ride I won't wait more than 10 minutes for.

I LOVE James Cameron's movies, including Avatar. I was caught up in the hype on this, but it's been tempered

J

There is no waiting around to ride FoP. One gets the assigned ride time ticket at the entrance to the area and only a certain amount are handed out. The standby queue was open for walking thru and looking at things but only those with the assigned-time tickets can ride.
AK CMs and their guests were allowed to wait beyond the end of their 2-hour session time to ride FoP due to it having been down.

I have no idea how anyone can judge a land or the food that they serve..if someone hasn't been to the land to experience it and been there to try the food. Makes zero sense.

I couldn't careless if someone that's been gives a positive or a negative review of Pandora..but there's been a few posts of just bashing Pandora from people who have never been and it's borderline comical. Why not just keep an open mind and experience the land and all it offers whenever everyone goes there themselves?

The same reason I don't blindly pay $10 to go see every movie that has a good trailer.

Reading enough reviews, and averaging them, out and using comparisons to things I have experienced, helps me plan things.

Sure, I could blindly plan a half day at Pandora and Rivers of Light next time I'm in Orlando, but now I know that would likely be a waste. A quick morning run to FoP , then standby of NRJ, which likely won't have much of a line after much time at all, and then a quick look around will suffice.

J

Last edited:
another youtuber, kevin heimbach, gives his review of Pandora and a POV of the FOP ride that I have never seen before.....maybe that would answer some of the question I quickly read of concern about the leg/calves.

another youtuber, kevin heimbach, gives his review of Pandora and a POV of the FOP ride that I have never seen before.....maybe that would answer some of the question I quickly read of concern about the leg/calves.
I watched. It didn't show much other than the restraints moving out of place at the end of the ride.

The same reason I don't blindly pay $10 to go see every movie that has a good trailer.

Reading enough reviews, and averaging them, out and using comparisons to things I have experienced, helps me plan things.

Sure, I could blindly plan a half day at Pandora and Rivers of Light next time I'm in Orlando, but now I know that would likely be a waste. A quick morning run to FoP , then standby of NRJ, which likely won't have much of a line after much time at all, and then a quick look around will suffice.

J

Well you don't go see a movie or not see a movie based on reviews do you? It's all opinions and individual experiences/tastes. I like movies that some would say are awful, and just last week the wife and I watched a movie that had a rating in the 90s on Rotten Tomato that turned out to be terrible.

But yea I certainly wouldn't specifically book a trip just to go see Pandora that included airfare or any expensive costs, even if everyone said it was amazing. Nothing wrong with reading reviews by any means and deciding if personally a specific Pandora trip is worth it. My point is just individuals bashing a land they have yet to visit and throwing out negative opinions as if they've been there. I'll read any opinions but would prefer them from people who've experienced the area first hand.

And also, if you do plan a half day there, don't let RoL be a huge factor..I thought it was a waste of time if you wait more than 10 min for it lol

The cast of The Chew raved about the lumpia. ;)

It may be because lumpia isn't familiar to many people and those who are aware of it know lumpia as a savory food. Maybe if they said it's like a McDonald's Apple Pie but with pineapple custard, more people would try it. ;)

The Wedding CM said his family tried 5 different food items and felt they were amazing - he was excited about these new food offerings!

I am in the camp that is used to a savory lumpia usually filled with shrimp and veggies and stuff so I do wish they used a different term

Media reviews from a media day are RARELY negative. ACE basically requires you to say nothing negative at one at a park. Disney bloggers who live in Orlando, and live off Disney essentially are NEVER going to bad mouth them.

Like the person who said everyone on the Dish loved the food they tried on camera, do you REALLY think one of them would make a nasty face and spit it out? C'mon.

This board is the only big one that ALLOWS differing opinions. He who shall not be named deletes everything even remotely not totally pro Disney.

My question has mostly been what MAKES FoP amazingl. It seems the answer is because it's very similar to Soarin'. Which is good info, as I think Soarin' is ride I won't wait more than 10 minutes for.

I LOVE James Cameron's movies, including Avatar. I was caught up in the hype on this, but it's been tempered

J
Like I've said before, I have offered a detailed review, from my opinion, on FoP and anyone can pm me as I don't want to give all the details here not to spoil.
And I'm calling you out, you haven't reached out. If you were truly looking for a point of view answer you would ask, but you rather go negative just because some bloggers and Disney fans have said the ride is like Soarin (which you do not love) and Star Tours and that they think it's amazing.
TBH: if you are dead set on not liking it just from reviews you have read and heard and not experiencing for yourself that's fine. If you do not go see a movie because it gets bad reviews that is fine, it is your money. Just don't bash, and yes, you are bashing, other people's opinions just because you don't think xx ride is great or you think all Disney bloggers and everyone on Disney fan sites are super fans that won't say anything negative

Last edited:
I'm going on Saturday between 6-8. It sounds like we should try FoP first.
As I posted earlier, I don't know if the process will continue as it has been for your preview, but just a heads up that if it does remain the same, and if FoP is scheduled to run during your preview, you'll be given a return time ticket and will have to ride it at that time. You won't be able to choose when to ride it. Many guests attending the previews so far have not been able to ride FoP. Hopefully that will change by the time the AP/DVC previews come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter