***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

about the AP I have had 15 days of FP booked at one time ( was staying on site) and another time ( again staying on site) it only let me book 10.

I should add that the 15 days was 3 trips with in 60 days ( two 6 days and a 3 day trip)

the other one was 2 trips 6 days and then 5 days

Last edited:
I am an AP holder, with 2 4 day weekends within the next 60 days, and MDE only allows 7 days of FP with my AP.
2 stays does complicate things. It's a glitch they can't seem to find a work around for.
2 stays within 60 days screws up the limit. It's like it won't see the 2nd stay or something.
I get and support their putting a 7 day limit on local guests. They really need to do something so that having an on site stay overrides all limits.
I guess they just aren't going to fix it since it probably doesn't cause a problem for too many

Hi all,
I read through most of the 34 pages of this thread, but still have a question. Not sure if I missed the answer or it wasn't there. My family and I are going to be at Animal Kingdom on May 22, we are not DVC or AP and I know the new land doesn't officially open until the 27th, I am wondering though what the speculation might be on a soft public opening while we're there? I know WDW sometimes does this a week or so ahead but I'm not sure if it will still be the case with the DVC and AP previews. Any past precedence? Informed guesses?
Thanks!

Hi all,
I read through most of the 34 pages of this thread, but still have a question. Not sure if I missed the answer or it wasn't there. My family and I are going to be at Animal Kingdom on May 22, we are not DVC or AP and I know the new land doesn't officially open until the 27th, I am wondering though what the speculation might be on a soft public opening while we're there? I know WDW sometimes does this a week or so ahead but I'm not sure if it will still be the case with the DVC and AP previews. Any past precedence? Informed guesses?
Thanks!
Pages 31-32 have the most recent discussion of CM, AP, and DVC Previews leading up to Media Events and the unknown possibility of soft openings.

We have APs and stay onsite, and our longer trip each year is 10-13 days. I've been able to book a max of 10 days of FP at the 60-day window.

-------

ETA: You know what, I think I might have to take that back! I was just looking back through my notes, and the 13-day trip was when FP+ had just started, and then I was able to book only up to 10.

BUT... last time we stayed 11 nights, 12 days (last Aug), I was able to book ENTIRE LENGTH OF STAY.

You can see why I take notes... :oops:

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thanks!

Not likely, but you never know

Thanks! So AP restrictions override FPs for length of stay. I know @mesaboy2 will be interested in this. :)
You know what, I think I might have to take that back! I was just looking back through my notes, and the 13-day trip was when FP+ had just started, and then I was able to book only up to 10.

BUT... last time we stayed 11 nights, 12 days (last Aug), I was able to book ENTIRE LENGTH OF STAY.

You know what, I think I might have to take that back! I was just looking back through my notes, and the 13-day trip was when FP+ had just started, and then I was able to book only up to 10.

Thanks! Great note-taking... so confirming length of stay.

@mbh106 - Book FPs for your length of stay. :)

:offtopic: Sorry off topic for just a sec here, do people think D23 Gold membership is worth getting? I've not really considered it before, but looking at the Joe Rohde event, I'm really tempted...
To some degree it depends where you live. I live in Colorado so I do not get easy access to many of the events. I agree about the Joe Rohde event. I would love, love, love to do that. But I already am locked into May 24-31.

As for D23 Gold, I have had that since 2010. I have gone to 3 of the 4 D23 Expos and I plan to continue going to those so I will keep the Gold membership.

I have done one other type of D23 event which was a tour of the Disney studios in Burbank and that was very cool.

And I do read the quarterly publications which are well done. So I get value for that.

Finally, there are news and background items on the D23 website that are also interesting. I find myself reading those at least once a week.

Altogether, worth it for me. Hope that helps.

:wizard:

To some degree it depends where you live. I live in Colorado so I do not get easy access to many of the events. I agree about the Joe Rohde event. I would love, love, love to do that. But I already am locked into May 24-31.

As for D23 Gold, I have had that since 2010. I have gone to 3 of the 4 D23 Expos and I plan to continue going to those so I will keep the Gold membership.

I have done one other type of D23 event which was a tour of the Disney studios in Burbank and that was very cool.

And I do read the quarterly publications which are well done. So I get value for that.

Finally, there are news and background items on the D23 website that are also interesting. I find myself reading those at least once a week.

Altogether, worth it for me. Hope that helps.

:wizard:
Sold me on it, even though I can't imagine I'd ever get to an Expo.

Thanks! Great note-taking... so confirming length of stay.

@mbh106 - Book FPs for your length of stay. :)
Just don't book 2 stays. That's where I've been hit with it. If you have 2 stays of 5 days each you can book 7 FP total. At least that is what happened to us last Oct (we had a Nov stay too)
I'll find out tomorrow when our window opens for our May trip. I've got 4 days booked for our April trip. I expect I can only book 3 days for May so I'll book the AK days
Though the way they change things I never assume, I always try. Worse it can tell me is I can't book any additional FP

So we are planning 2 trips right now - the first we will be there May 1-2 - that is mostly to see F&G and see Wishes one last time - though I read on KtP site that there may be general soft openings of Pandora at that time - I'm not too hopeful for those - but thought it was interesting -

Our second trip is the end of June/beginning of July - I see that the hours of AK have moved to 8am for all of our dates until July 5 - that day is scheduled AM EMH but the opening time is still 9am. Do you guys think that July 5 and onward will also change to the 8am opening with 7am EMH when offered? It won't change our plans at all - we are early birds - and honestly, I'd love the extra early morning hour - but wasn't sure if I should plan for it - what are your thoughts??

Piggybacking on this- we have a Tusker House breakfast on 7/3 at 8 am. There is no option for an earlier time- but with the hours moving to an 8 am opening this is no longer PPO. Will they open any earlier times? Any advice on how to maximize the earlier opening while still enjoying the breakfast?

Piggybacking on this- we have a Tusker House breakfast on 7/3 at 8 am. There is no option for an earlier time- but with the hours moving to an 8 am opening this is no longer PPO. Will they open any earlier times? Any advice on how to maximize the earlier opening while still enjoying the breakfast?
No, they will not open any earlier.

I would try to move the breakfast to a later time. The only way you'll maximize your time with an early opening is to be touring the park during the earliest hours, not sitting down to eat. My family likes to grab something light at the resort that we can eat on the way to the bus stop, and then we sit down to eat somewhere between 10:30-12, depending on whether we want breakfast foods or lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter