***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that number is correct and my math is correct that would be a little over 3,000 for each time slot.

I didn't bother to do the math, because I was lazy, but that seems like an awful lot of guests for a 2 hour time slot...

I didn't both to do the math, because I was lazy, but that seems like an awful lot of guests for a 2 hour time slot...

100,000 people, 10 days, and 3 time slots per day

Something like 3,300 people per slot.

Which does seem a lot to me also

And this is ONLY FOR AP not for DVC

Seems like touring plans might have been pulling that number out of the air, as I don't see them being able to corral that many guest at a time, or being able to get them all on a ride (let alone both rides)...

Seems like touring plans might have been pulling that number out of the air, as I don't see them being able to corral that many guest at a time, or being able to get them all on a ride (let alone both rides)...
agreed

Touring plans is indicting 100,000+ signed up for previews (https://twitter.com/TouringPlans). Does that amount line up with past previews?
There really isn't anything to compare it with

Indeed. That's about how many they have for a DAH night and that is a lot more room and a lot more rides.

doesn't seem that high
Soarin takes about 1200 an hour (found this number after some googling) so 3300 for 2 attractions, plus the walk around, plus the restaurant seems ok

doesn't seem that high
Soarin takes about 1200 an hour (found this number after some googling) so 3300 for 2 attractions, plus the walk around, plus the restaurant seems ok

Except the Na'vi boat only holds about 8-10, right? I can't imagine it's capacity is anywhere near what Soarin' is..

doesn't seem that high

So if correct it is highly unlikely we wont get to do BOTH rides in the 2 hour time frame and be able to walk around and get food.

Except the Na'vi boat only holds about 8-10, right? I can't imagine it's capacity is anywhere near what Soarin' is..
right. But also Na'vi will be loading faster than Flight, so there's that.
All I'm saying is that I am expecting to wait 45 minutes for each ride during this preview, I hope people don't go in thinking that the wait will be minimal

Touring plans is indicting 100,000+ signed up for previews (https://twitter.com/TouringPlans). Does that amount line up with past previews?

TP QUOTE "We heard more than 100,000 AP holders registered for the Pandora preview today. Were you one?"

That sounds really high. I wonder what the per an hour capacity is on each ride.

3333 seems like a lot.

Googling looks like Soarin' capacity (avg) is around 2000 per hour (3 theaters). This Flight ride looks like a lower capacity than Soarin'. For River ride, without math on the length of the ride and the number of boats .... but only 8 per boat who knows. You have Pirates at 3000, Small World at 2850 but FEA at 950. Boats sound smaller than Pirates and Small World ... but length likely longer than FEA so we could guesstimate somewhere, maybe 2000-2200.

I would hope there wouldn't be any more in there than could be processed in one hour, in addition they want folks to eat in the restaurant and shop. I would probably err on 2000-2200 as a cap which puts it more like 60,000-66,000, at 2500 it would be 75,000.

If they cap at capacity (2200), half go on one ride and half the other, then swap then you should get to do both and have some extra time for food etc. If they go over that not allowing folks to do both = bad PR.

This isn't just a bone thrown to APs. We have to remember that this is all practice for the CMs, the loading process, the determining how well the system can handle the Passage body scans, the new loading system, etc. They aren't going to overwhelm the CMs so that negative reports come out. I think they will hope to keep it low, easily manageable and result in positive reports.

They consistently announced opening dates and published them on their website for ROL over and over that were wrong. They seem to be bold about making statements but not sure I ever really rely too much on them. I really like them for hotel info, etc where things are set in place but I don't ever look to them for "newsy" stuff.

100,000 ?

I don't think there could be that many sign up in 2 or 3 hours...could be off by a zero ?
After all ..the preview is to show off the area , not run everybody thru the 2 rides.

They say in the confirmation .."Limited access and area's"..so limited staff for crowd control?

As far as getting in and out for a 2 hour tour , I would think entering the main gate and exit thru the tunnel to Lion King would work for that kind of turn around whatever the group size.

I don't think they will kick people out after the 2 hours, but I could be wrong

I would think they have to. If not, it wouldn't be fair to the following time slots. I'm there 6-8pm and I'd be pretty mad if I got there and people from the 2-4 (or whichever other time it is) time slot were there. I'm thinking they give the passes out for that time frame, go in and see Pandora, then at the end of that two hours they usher that group out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter