***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, non AP-holder here with a question about what looks like FP restrictions on these attractions? I came here to see if anyone else had posted but I'm not seeing anything (sorry if I've missed it).

We happen to be going to WDW 6/1-6/9, so obviously this is in our plans already. But an email I just received from Disney says "During regular Theme Park hours, Disney FastPass+* service will be available at the two attractions within Pandora—The World of Avatar. You may select only one of these two attractions in your first set of Disney FastPass+ selections, subject to availability."

So my question is, if we have two separate days planned at AK (which we do), will I be allowed to FP both rides, just on different days? I would assume so, but I was surprised to see this restriction so I guess I'm wondering what other, more experienced WDWers might think?
The email above strictly applies to the "first set" booked for a specific (1) day.

Then on Park day #2, you have another "first set" for that day.

You can book whichever FPs you want for Park Day #2 as long as you follow the Tiering restrictions.

We happen to be going to WDW 6/1-6/9, so obviously this is in our plans already. But an email I just received from Disney says "During regular Theme Park hours, Disney FastPass+* service will be available at the two attractions within Pandora—The World of Avatar. You may select only one of these two attractions in your first set of Disney FastPass+ selections, subject to availability."

So my question is, if we have two separate days planned at AK (which we do), will I be allowed to FP both rides, just on different days? I would assume so, but I was surprised to see this restriction so I guess I'm wondering what other, more experienced WDWers might think?

Yes, you book one on one day, and one on the other day.

No surprise, I think most expected AK would have to tier these rides, just weren't sure if any others would be involved.

Check this out... I got my DVC email and was so excited...

BTW... We fly out to come home 5/13.... :-(

Any chance they still might be doing unannounced soft opening times earlier in the week as well?

Event Is Full
Thank you for your interest, but this event has reached capacity and registration is now closed.

Please continue to check your inbox for future Passholder previews or experiences.

Any chance they still might be doing unannounced soft opening times earlier in the week as well?
The CM Previews are being held on most days leading up to the 13th. That's the time period where they will ensure everything will work well for the Previews set to begin on the 13th.

Of course you can do one of each on different days. It's no different than the tiers at DHS or Epcot.

The email above strictly applies to the "first set" booked for a specific (1) day.

Then on Park day #2, you have another "first set" for that day.

You can book whichever FPs you want for Park Day #2 as long as you follow the Tiering restrictions.

Yes, you book one on one day, and one on the other day.

No surprise, I think most expected AK would have to tier these rides, just weren't sure if any others would be involved.

Thanks a bunch. I was just confused since AK didn't previously have a tiered FP system (I'm not crazy, they don't, right?!)

It was a very recent decision to add a second day of AK, so glad it was already in my plans! I wish I could be more excited about the extra EMHs, but I'm afraid 11pm-1am is just a bit too late for my sleepy family!

I highly doubt it.

With the AP preview, media preview, and a CM preview..I really don't see any type of soft opening or another preview.

Thanks a bunch. I was just confused since AK didn't previously have a tiered FP system (I'm not crazy, they don't, right?!)

It was a very recent decision to add a second day of AK, so glad it was already in my plans! I wish I could be more excited about the extra EMHs, but I'm afraid 11pm-1am is just a bit too late for my sleepy family!

The "tier" was added today when Pandora Rides started being available.

Pick 1 Pandora ride, then two other fps..or no Pandora and 3 others

I highly doubt it.

With the AP preview, media preview, and a CM preview..I really don't see any type of soft opening or another preview.

....Unless Tom Bricker over at Disney Tourist Blog is right about potential late April soft openings. Obviously, I'm still holding out on my deluded fantasy that I will somehow get to see Pandora before its official opening.

Has there ever been an attraction/land that has given intermittent soft openings before Cast and AP previews?

....Unless Tom Bricker over at Disney Tourist Blog is right about potential late April soft openings. Obviously, I'm still holding out on my deluded fantasy that I will somehow get to see Pandora before its official opening.

Has there ever been an attraction/land that has given intermittent soft openings before Cast and AP previews?

Not before Cast but yes after AP/DVC New Fantasyland had intermittent soft opening before the official opening.

Not before Cast but yes after AP/DVC New Fantasyland had intermittent soft opening before the official opening.

So then unless they're feeling particularly magnanimous, there's no chance in heck they'll be any kind of preview in April?

Isn't it a bit odd that they are having previews so late, with little to no time for soft openings? It seems that things over in Pandora are more or less complete or close to completion - certainly by late April at least. Wouldn't they want to leave more time for guest testing before the official start date? Especially with the fiasco that was ROL...

So then unless they're feeling particularly magnanimous, there's no chance in heck they'll be any kind of preview in April?

Isn't it a bit odd that they are having previews so late, with little to no time for soft openings? It seems that things over in Pandora are more or less complete or close to completion - certainly by late April at least. Wouldn't they want to leave more time for guest testing before the official start date? Especially with the fiasco that was ROL...

Again based on when CM preview is I would say don't sit around at DAK waiting for it. CMs usually are who get first experience even before AP/DVC because they can't complain and have to follow rules or yah know their jobs are on the line. So since Cm previews aren't until early May I would be confident in betting that the rumored April dates aren't happening.

It seems like from dates available that they'll have 2-3 weeks of CM/Media/AP testing. That's quite a bit. If I remember correctly that'll be way more than what they did for 7dmt.

From what I've seen Pandora is just getting final touches done and CM training begins around April 8th. So I'm sure then they'll have plenty of operating time to get everything squared away before people come in.

Again based on when CM preview is I would say don't sit around at DAK waiting for it. CMs usually are who get first experience even before AP/DVC because they can't complain and have to follow rules or yah know their jobs are on the line. So since Cm previews aren't until early May I would be confident in betting that the rumored April dates aren't happening.

I was trying not to get my hopes up, but I couldn't help it based on the speculation earlier in the week (when it looked like previews would start early April). I'll definitely walk past the Pandora entrance a few times just in case, but I'll just have to force myself to keep moving!

It seems like from dates available that they'll have 2-3 weeks of CM/Media/AP testing. That's quite a bit. If I remember correctly that'll be way more than what they did for 7dmt.

From what I've seen Pandora is just getting final touches done and CM training begins around April 8th. So I'm sure then they'll have plenty of operating time to get everything squared away before people come in.

I guess that's true, I just thought they'd have more than just CM/AP tests before media previews, just in case something goes south (after all, you don't want bad press before opening day). That said, I'm sure they know what they are doing with Pandora.

I guess that's true, I just thought they'd have more than just CM/AP tests before media previews, just in case something goes south (after all, you don't want bad press before opening day). That said, I'm sure they know what they are doing with Pandora.
FEA didn't have AP nor DVC trials at all. The only unscheduled CM Preview day was the day before it opened to the public. Only CMs wearing Epcot costumes or Captains/Leaders were allowed to ride and they were forbidden from taking photos because animatronics and costumes were not completed.

They needed to run loaded boats through to see if the timing for the audio worked. Of course, the ride broke down from day 1.

With all these Pandora previews scheduled, it's a good sign Pandora is ready. :) Sadly, there's no way to predict a soft-open for guests.

I suspect they'll be ok but I did notice that it said everyone attending must have an AP. Does the 4yo have an AP?
I know when I signed up it automatically included DGD8 because she's an AP holder and on my account.
My 3 year old had to have an AP to be on the reservation

No one knows the number of people.

Yes when the 2 hours is up I'm sure everything will close down and everyone will be forced to leave. They can't allow people to just hang around

I guess that is why there is an hour in between each viewing.

Makes sense old group out new group in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter