***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize. Im just trying to figure out how some are saying smooth and others saying star tours and trying to figure it out.

Thank you. If closing your eyes is effective, it makes me think I could give it a go. Whether I'll be able to with tiered rides and one day at AK, I don't know. But I won't completely write it off as I thought I might.

Do you ride Soarin'?

I do indeed ride Soarin'. Many, many times. :)
I preferred the original. I sometimes close my eyes in the new one (once or twice for a reality check), but I like it.

I apologize. Im just trying to figure out how some are saying smooth and others saying star tours and trying to figure it out.

I think the difference in answers is simple..... The ride experience is different from person to person. In the same way some feel Space Mountain and Dinosaur are too rough and others have no issues, this is no different.

Thank You everyone. I think what our plan of attack is going to be is split our party up on fp the first group ride and if its a go then our mom can ride with the second group, if not she can enjoy the scenery.

For those who have attended a preview, did you have time to ride both rides? Should I plan to ride one before the other when I attend the AP preview next week?

Thank you. If closing your eyes is effective, it makes me think I could give it a go. Whether I'll be able to with tiered rides and one day at AK, I don't know. But I won't completely write it off as I thought I might.

Do you ride Soarin'?
I suffer from motion sickness and I can ride Soarin. Sometimes I have to concentrate on a specific item, say, a bolt in the ride or a strap, etc, but for the better part I was able to ride with no problem.I also ride Spiderman with no ill effects, though I do admit closing my eyes while the car is doing the spiraling/falling effect. Last trip I used ginger gum and sea bands and rode things I haven't ridden in years. Dramamine does not do it for me but ginger does. I can ride ToT, SM and things like that, but not RnR, 7DMT, Star Tours, to give you an idea.

For those who have attended a preview, did you have time to ride both rides? Should I plan to ride one before the other when I attend the AP preview next week?
FoP was down for two of the scheduled CM sessions on Friday. CMs weren't told they could wait beyond their session-time to wait for the ride.

The original emails that were sent to CMs noted they were selected to enjoy Pandora and its merchandise and food venues. The emails didn't mention FoP nor NRJ.

So, if FoP is running when you enter your session, head there first.

When i went, even though I had to wait and hour and 15 to ride FoP, NRJ was a walk on, so yes you can.
Like I said they did not kick anyone out after the preview 12-2 slot and I had lunch, checked out the gift shop and streamed and left around 4

I suffer from motion sickness and I can ride Soarin. Sometimes I have to concentrate on a specific item, say, a bolt in the ride or a strap, etc, but for the better part I was able to ride with no problem.I also ride Spiderman with no ill effects, though I do admit closing my eyes while the car is doing the spiraling/falling effect. Last trip I used ginger gum and sea bands and rode things I haven't ridden in years. Dramamine does not do it for me but ginger does. I can ride ToT, SM and things like that, but not RnR, 7DMT, Star Tours, to give you an idea.

Thank you. I am very comfortable with 7DMT, BTMRR and Star Tours. I will continue watching as more info about the ride comes out once it is fully operational, but this is giving me some hope!

That Steak and Eggs entree sounds REALLY good.

The french toast sounds good to me. I'm considering ditching my Tusker House reservation and just getting this instead. I'm concerned about being tied down to a reservation not knowing how long the lines will be.

The CM previews will likely be different than the AP/DVC previews. For the CM previews they have had NRJ open the whole time while guests were given return times for FoP. We don't know if that's how the AP/DVC previews will work.

When are the AP, DVC and CM soft openings ending? Any chance of a open to the public soft opening or are they all just for specific groups?

Will your Mother be able to swing her leg over the motorcycle-like seat?
The instructional video does show the rider swinging their leg over the seat, but it's not required. Just stand behind the seat, straddle it, and move up as far as you can.
The ride movements have been described as smooth with wiggles and vibrations.
It's smooth a lot of the time but not always. At times it can be abrupt and also very dynamic.
Thus far, those attending the CM previews weren't able to choose when they rode, or even it they would ride FoP. If FoP was operating, and as Rteetz posted, they were given a ticket with a return time when they entered Pandora. If it wasn't operating, guests were given a voucher for a non-alcoholic drink or some other snack. Will it continue that way? I was on the fence, but with the passage of time, I'm more on the side that it will, at least for a while. This coming week will go a long way to deciding what will happen next Sat for the AP/DVC previews.
Just like those saying it is amazing, and those saying it's nothing special.
I missed the posts saying that it's nothing special. Put me on the amazing side.

Last edited:
FoP was down for two of the scheduled CM sessions on Friday. CMs weren't told they could wait beyond their session-time to wait for the ride.

The original emails that were sent to CMs noted they were selected to enjoy Pandora and its merchandise and food venues. The emails didn't mention FoP nor NRJ.

So, if FoP is running when you enter your session, head there first.

If you read my reply pages ago, our group WAS told that we could stay after preview time.

If you read my reply pages ago, our group WAS told that we could stay after preview time.
I know. You attended an AK CM Preview.

An Entertainment CM and a Wedding event CM attended on Friday, the general CM Preview, and neither one were advised they could stay after their Preview time to try to wait for FoP. Both groups missed out on riding FoP although they could have ridden NRJ a number of times.

The Wedding CM stated his kids, ages 8 and 10, asked if they "had" to ride NRJ again because after their 1st ride, they didn't want to ride again. That's all the info he shared because he didn't want to spoil anything for the other CMs who were performing at the Friday afternoon wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter