Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

While i realize availability ebbs & wan….

Wow, earliest I can recall seeing no availability for annual fall trip.

View attachment 688366
So strange.

If you book it separately, Aventura shows up for $189 for the first 3 nights, and $224 for Friday night.

Or if you book 2 nights and 2 nights, several options show up for the first 2 nights and the Hard Rock for the 2nd 2 nights.

Many months ago (and before more recent price increases), Universal was offering some great ST rates for September. I wonder if people are holding onto those great rates.

Universal was offering some great ST rates for September. I wonder if people are holding onto those great rates.
Great point! When the APH rates first did come out for the above date span, just the 2 offsite properties and SF produced. Even then, SF APH was higher than the ST I had booked much earlier.

So strange.

If you book it separately, Aventura shows up for $189 for the first 3 nights, and $224 for Friday night.

Or if you book 2 nights and 2 nights, several options show up for the first 2 nights and the Hard Rock for the 2nd 2 nights.

Many months ago (and before more recent price increases), Universal was offering some great ST rates for September. I wonder if people are holding onto those great rates.
I booked PBR several months ago with a ST rate for our Sept trip. $352/nt and I doubt I'll find better with AP rates

We booked PBH in April with a ST rate of $323/night for our end of September trip . The only AP rate I've seen was for a suite at $1405/night and now there's allegedly no rooms available during our dates. Unless there are lots of cancellations, I doubt we'll get a better rate at this point.

We also booked a ST rate back in March for our October stay at Portofino, got the Minion suite for close to the current going rate for a regular 2Q room. Definitely not looking like a better AP rate is going to pop up for the suite we have at this point.

We booked PBH in April with a ST rate of $323/night for our end of September trip. The only AP rate I've seen was for a suite at $1405/night and now there's allegedly no rooms available during our dates. Unless there are lots of cancellations, I doubt we'll get a better rate at this point.
In February, my sister booked a 5-night September stay at the RP for $252/night.

Even with an AP discount, I doubt any of us will see that!

Last edited:

One thing that has always frustrated me is that I end up with multiple separate bookings in order to get good rates - which then requires us TO MOVE rooms. For example, last time we went, I had to book Thur/Fri at separate AP rate, then Saturday at standard rate, for two of our rooms, and for the 3rd room, I had to book Thur at Ap rate, Friday at standard, then somehow got Saturday for that one back at AP rate.
I get paying non-standard rate if no longer available for that day. But moving rooms is a complete pain (in our case, we had 3 separate rooms, 3 separate moves, and one of us - me - had to actually move twice in that 3 night booking), even if at same hotel.

Is there any way around this? Has anyone ever lucked out in not having to move? When trying to hit parks early morning it's more difficult having to check out of one room (gathering everything amongst children, especially), then leave at luggage services, then retrieve all when coming back (tired and late, ha!)

One thing that has always frustrated me is that I end up with multiple separate bookings in order to get good rates - which then requires us TO MOVE rooms. For example, last time we went, I had to book Thur/Fri at separate AP rate, then Saturday at standard rate, for two of our rooms, and for the 3rd room, I had to book Thur at Ap rate, Friday at standard, then somehow got Saturday for that one back at AP rate.
I get paying non-standard rate if no longer available for that day. But moving rooms is a complete pain (in our case, we had 3 separate rooms, 3 separate moves, and one of us - me - had to actually move twice in that 3 night booking), even if at same hotel.

Is there any way around this? Has anyone ever lucked out in not having to move? When trying to hit parks early morning it's more difficult having to check out of one room (gathering everything amongst children, especially), then leave at luggage services, then retrieve all when coming back (tired and late, ha!)
Have you ever asked at the front desk if they can keep you in the same room? Or call in and put the request on your reservation?

I book my stay once i have my flights set up

Sometimes the room rates are a good deal and sometimes it’s not

I book what ever the rate costs as i am
more interested in staying in the same room for long stays

I go for convenience over money

I have friends that do change rooms during their stay and use my room to store their luggage until their new room is ready

I book my stay once i have my flights set up

Sometimes the room rates are a good deal and sometimes it’s not

I book what ever the rate costs as i am
more interested in staying in the same room for long stays

I go for convenience over money

I have friends that do change rooms during their stay and use my room to store their luggage until their new room is ready
I totally get that. For just me and the hubby? That would work. But usually I am managing (and paying) for us and some iteration of 3 adult kids/their better halves/their children, so I count pennies when doing that, for sure. (Grandma mode, ha!)

I've been in this situation twice (multiple bookings for the same room type), and did not have to change rooms. The first time, I called about 2 weeks out and had them put a note on my reservation. When I arrived, apparently, they only put the note on one room and the rooms were split. The person at the desk apologized and after some finagling, got us a single booking where we did not have to move rooms or check-in a second time.

The next time, I was planning to make sure that both booking had the note in place, but they actually combined them into a single booking. They were all APH rates, so it might not be possible if you mix APH and standard rates...

Is there a way to search flexible dates for universal resorts. I find their website difficult to navigate. A room will be available for say the 3rd-9th of a month but not the 4th - 9th. It is bizzare.

Also, the lowest rate for a standard room at the 3 deluxe resorts are $723- 800+. Will these rates come down or is the week before Easter so crowded that people actually pay $800 for a standard?

Also, the lowest rate for a standard room at the 3 deluxe resorts are $723- 800+. Will these rates come down or is the week before Easter so crowded that people actually pay $800 for a standard?
Rates are crazy right now. Anybodys guess if they will change. I booked my HHN stay 6 months ago with thought I could shorten if needed-Ha! Prices have continually gone up, far cheaper now to keep what I got. I’ve got a timeshare with extra week so was thinking offsite for a week with one weekend onsite-that one weekend costs more than the 12 days I’ve got booked onsite already!

Disney is charging for Individual Lightning Lane and Genie+, and these offer limited express line access.

I think people are realizing the tremendous benefit of Universal’s Express Pass Unlimited included in the price of their premier hotels and are willing to pay the $700-$800 you see.

I once went to Universal in early May and practically walked onto Men In Black. As I was walking in, I happen to chat with a cast member, commenting on the long queue area that was empty. He said to me that just a few weeks before, the queue was completely full with over a 3-hour wait for spring break.

Universal’s Express Pass lets you completely skip that massive queuing area. It seems like it would be well worth it during spring break.

Last edited:
The week before Easter, I would expect rates to only go up from here. It is nuts now, I am arriving tomorrow and everything is showing sold out except for Endless Summer, Cabana Bay, and Aventura. Late August used to be a slow time!

I don’t recall seeing holiday rates pre pandemic/revenge travel at either WDW or U being ‘cheap’.

However, $700-$800 seems quite high. perhaps check the date & rate thread here for both 2022 & 2021 to see if any reports of actual rates when the dust settled closer to arrival.

for those who want to travel during the holidays & willing to do a split stay onsite pre or post...

try pricing out two reservations with the shortest period possible during actual holiday (at beginning or end of the trip) then the bulk of it booked at hopefully lower non-holiday rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter