***Official November 2022 Thread***

You all have me stressing about planning ADRs now! I have a few ideas, but definitely need to create my wishlist.

Here are rough plans:
11/12 arrival day - dinner in epcot (our tradition) we usually do Mexico, but might try something else this year
11/13 TBD... maybe Epcot or HS
11/14 MK & MVMCP - 'ohana breakfast 🤞🏻
11/15 HS - Minnie's Christmas meal @ Hollywood & vine
11/16 AK - tusker house breakfast
11/17 MK
11/18 Epcot - no meals planned as we expect to take advantage of food & wine booths!
11/19 go home 😭

Staying at Beach Club so we like to take advantage of being so close to Epcot - there is so much to see & do there. And I think our 6 year old will start to enjoy the countries a bit more this year.
For Epcot ADR ideas with kids, we love Via Napoli (what kid doesn’t love pizza?) and Teppan Edo (the “show” is great fun and has little Disney elements that my kids love). World showcase has a lot of hidden gems for kids… the maze in England, the Koi pond, the miniature train set, and of course all the yummy ice cream/snow cone/caramel treats. Your 6 year old will definitely have fun!

You all have me stressing about planning ADRs now! I have a few ideas, but definitely need to create my wishlist.

Here are rough plans:
11/12 arrival day - dinner in epcot (our tradition) we usually do Mexico, but might try something else this year
11/13 TBD... maybe Epcot or HS
11/14 MK & MVMCP - 'ohana breakfast 🤞🏻
11/15 HS - Minnie's Christmas meal @ Hollywood & vine
11/16 AK - tusker house breakfast
11/17 MK
11/18 Epcot - no meals planned as we expect to take advantage of food & wine booths!
11/19 go home 😭

Staying at Beach Club so we like to take advantage of being so close to Epcot - there is so much to see & do there. And I think our 6 year old will start to enjoy the countries a bit more this year.
One of the best EPCOT days we ever had as a family was doing the KidCOT experience. We saw so much of the different countries that we had never noticed before. It’ll be even better now with the international reps back.

For Epcot ADR ideas with kids, we love Via Napoli (what kid doesn’t love pizza?) and Teppan Edo (the “show” is great fun and has little Disney elements that my kids love). World showcase has a lot of hidden gems for kids… the maze in England, the Koi pond, the miniature train set, and of course all the yummy ice cream/snow cone/caramel treats. Your 6 year old will definitely have fun!
My weirdo kid hates pizza 🤣🤣 she's not a very good Chicago kid, also not a hot dog fan. We clearly failed somewhere lol

She definitely loves epcot as much as us - but I feel like this year she will "get" the countries a bit more!

One of the best EPCOT days we ever had as a family was doing the KidCOT experience. We saw so much of the different countries that we had never noticed before. It’ll be even better now with the international reps back.
I used to love doing KidCOT as a kid. Definitely missed it on our last trip during covid since she was too young her first trip!
Excited for her to understand it all a bit more!

Haha, my family is the same. They always opt out of the planning and just say "you choose, I'm sure it will be great" but then when we are there it is is nonstop armchair quarterbacking my plans and making special requests for certain ADRs--The good thing is I've found you can often adapt on the fly pretty well and change up your ADRs the night before when everyone cancels to avoid the 24 hour cancellation penalty.

You can actually already go ahead and book Raglan Road! It is available on OpenTable 90 days in advance--no need wait to book through MDE at 60 days. I just looked and sure enough there are still plenty times available on Opentable for Nov. 12 for a party of 5. Book it now though be because today is the 90 day mark and they will go fast.
Thank you for the tip. Got it booked!

Jumping in. Look forward to hearing more from everyone in this group. I'm planning a last minute (at least to me) trip and we booked flights for Nov 18-27. Nothing else is booked....wish me luck! :)

Looking for opinions and advice on Advanced Park Reservations and what better place than here. I’m a bit nervous bc our “annual” trip is always the week prior to Thanksgiving; however, this year with extended family joining us, we have had to move it back to week of Thanksgiving. I know, CROWDS!!!

Dates: 11/20-27

This is what I have so far:

11/20: 1/2 day at MK thinking might be lighter crowds since party night then dinner @ HDDR.

11/21: Animal Kingdom; Reason: 2nd half of crew arrives. Easier park to tour with less time. Dinner @ Raglan Road or late dinner with Landry’s card at Yak & Yeti and/or Jiko.

11/22: MK in AM then early dinner at WCC before Christmas Party.

11/23: HS

11/24: MK for VIP Tour.

11/25: Epcot ending with Candlelight Processional.

Super excited to hear your thoughts~ TIA:)!

Looking for opinions and advice on Advanced Park Reservations and what better place than here. I’m a bit nervous bc our “annual” trip is always the week prior to Thanksgiving; however, this year with extended family joining us, we have had to move it back to week of Thanksgiving. I know, CROWDS!!!

Dates: 11/20-27

This is what I have so far:

11/20: 1/2 day at MK thinking might be lighter crowds since party night then dinner @ HDDR.

11/21: Animal Kingdom; Reason: 2nd half of crew arrives. Easier park to tour with less time. Dinner @ Raglan Road or late dinner with Landry’s card at Yak & Yeti and/or Jiko.

11/22: MK in AM then early dinner at WCC before Christmas Party.

11/23: HS

11/24: MK for VIP Tour.

11/25: Epcot ending with Candlelight Processional.

Super excited to hear your thoughts~ TIA:)!
So for what it's worth, grain of salt and all that, but the internet crowd predictors are estimating a significantly higher crowd day on Friday 11/25 than Thursday 11/24. I think likely because some people fly out on Thanksgiving day, have a dinner outside the parks, and then do the long weekend in the parks. Or maybe people are arriving Friday to stay the following week. Whatever the reason, might be worth switching your 11/24 VIP tour to 11/25 to beat the crowds on that day.

So for what it's worth, grain of salt and all that, but the internet crowd predictors are estimating a significantly higher crowd day on Friday 11/25 than Thursday 11/24. I think likely because some people fly out on Thanksgiving day, have a dinner outside the parks, and then do the long weekend in the parks. Or maybe people are arriving Friday to stay the following week. Whatever the reason, might be worth switching your 11/24 VIP tour to 11/25 to beat the crowds on that day.
Adding that the 25th is also the first day of the Festival of the Holidays so EPCOT will be a madhouse.

eeeek so....we were booked at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek but yesterday decided to cancel and book at the Signia Hilton to take advantage of early entry! We are there November 8 - November 15 and there were no Disney resorts available for our stay :( Excited to stay somewhere new though and the lazy river at the Signia looks FUN!
Right now we are planning on:

Tuesday: Arrival
Wednesday: Rope drop Hollywood Studios
Thursday: Rope drop MK
Friday: Chef Mickey for Breakfast, mini golf and pool!
Saturday: Rope drop Epcot
Sunday: Whispering Canyon for Breakfast and then pool
Monday: Rope drop MK

I think we are going to end up missing out on MK fireworks this time which I am kind of bummed about. The only night that we could see them due to MVMCP would be Wednesday and the crowd calendar says 7/10 vs if we do MK on Thursday will be 4/10. I think that is a significant enough difference for me. We are going to do Harmonius at Epcot. Even thinking about going back to the hotel for a midday break to enjoy a late evening and then sleeping in on Sunday.

It is getting close and I am getting excited!

Hello.
Hubby and I are coming from the UK for 2 weeks from 1st November. We have been twice before with our sons (2011 & 2016) but they didn't want to come this time 😵 (will be 19 & 17)
Very excited🤩 staying offsite and only want to book 3 ADRs - Oga's, HDDR and Whispering Canyon. Am I right in assuming I can only book 60 days out for each day, not for length of trip as staying off site?
Also waiting for park hours to come out...

Also waiting for park hours though I think we can somewhat use October and know the dates of MVMCP. We arrive on the 14th. Touring Plans sent me an updated crowd calendar for that week, some parks increased but interestingly, some decreased. Obviously MK looks low on any day that week that has the Party at night. We bought hoppers so feeling ok about our schedule. My only worry is not being able to get a LL for Rise (we’ve not seen) before like 8 p.m. Also ADRs since we are traveling to a wedding right when the 60 day window opens. Oh well will do the best we can. Cheers.

When can we expect park hours to come out?
It has been at around 60 days out I think, which just adds to the crazy scramble for every kind of reservation around that time.

Edit: Oohhhh, interesting. I just checked and they've released two more weeks of hours, now showing until Oct 28. I don't know when this happened, last I checked was a few weeks ago.

Ugh - We're there from Oct 29 to Nov 5. But originally had Coronado Tower rezs from Nov 5 to the 8th and I stupidly canceled them as we changed some plans. Now of course we want to stay those extra days and NOTHING is available!!! It's crazy! Darn Marathon weekends :( I got a room at the Dolphin, but not a fan of the double beds.
For the first leg of the trip we are there with 5 friends, as well as our group of 4, so a party of 9! We're at AKV Grand Villa for the first 4 days, then at BWV Grand Villa for the other 3 days. Excited to stay in those!! Planning/reservations/organizing for a group of 9 is going to be.... challenging. ;) Trying to get them to pick where they want to eat in the next week so I can prepare for reservation dayS (big draw back of a split stay unfortunately).

Big meal wish list I know already includes Ohana Breakfast w/ Stitch, Crystal Palace w/ Winnie & Friends and Akershus (Just for 2 at least!). Likely going to be hard to get those, will plan them at the end of the stays and see how that plays out.

Hello.
Hubby and I are coming from the UK for 2 weeks from 1st November. We have been twice before with our sons (2011 & 2016) but they didn't want to come this time 😵 (will be 19 & 17)
Very excited🤩 staying offsite and only want to book 3 ADRs - Oga's, HDDR and Whispering Canyon. Am I right in assuming I can only book 60 days out for each day, not for length of trip as staying off site?
Also waiting for park hours to come out...
Correct on ADRs

Our vacation starts on Oct 22nd but we end Nov 5th. So excited to see the change over! Also is there an official October thread. I can’t seem to find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter