***Official November 2016 Thread***

Yay, I was able to get all the fast passes I wanted at good times! Had to wake up at 3:30am (PST) to be awake enough to do it. But, now their done and I don't have to stress about them anymore. 60 days!!! Now I'm really getting excited!

I hope all you Thanksgiving week folks got your fast passes with no problems too this morning. Good luck to everyone else making yours in the next couple days!:)
Our first offsite stay and I scheduled it during Thanksgiving week. What was I thinking?! Hopefully, you all leave some fastpasses for me to grab at the 30 day mark ;)

Had my first Disney nightmare for this trip - We were super late to Animal Kingdom and got totally lost, missed our FP's, and I got the time of our lunch reservation wrong, so we missed that too. So ridiculous :rotfl2:

Anyone else get planning nightmares?

Oh no!!!!! That is no fun!!!! I haven't had any of those - wishing you awesome dreams instead!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'm excited to find this thread! We are headed to WDW for Thanksgiving week 11/19-11/27 with a split stay at AofA and then a couple of days with family and then back to ASMu. Kind of crazy, I know, but we are staying onsite on the weekends when my brother is off work. I'm so excited to squeeze this trip in, but I feel really behind in the planning because it is more of a last minute trip. I just realized that I need to make FP plans this week. I don't even know the day yet for sure because I just booked the AofA portion of our trip. Originally, we were just thinking of spending Thanksgiving weekend onsite, but then I started thinking two weekends would be much better than one.:P

I need to go back through the thread to read what others are planning to get some ideas. We are currently thinking of the following--

11/19 Arrive at AofA in evening spend time at resort
11/20 AK
11/21 With Family
11/22 Commute over to WDW to get in an extra day at the parks. Not sure which park???
11/23 With family
11/24 Thanksgiving--check in at ASMu. Planning to go to MK--I know it will be crowded, yikes! o_OADR at BOG for dinner.
11/25 MK
11/26 EP
11/27 Depart

Any thoughts or suggestions? We know MK will be crowded on Thanksgiving and have the disadvantage of it being our check in day for the second part of our stay but we lucked out and got BOG dinner thanks to a dismember on the November cancelled thread. We really aren't doing any other ADRs and are really excited about this one. All of us have been to WDW lots of times and most have had APs this year so I think it will be ok even with the crowds???

I am now wondering how FP will work with a section in the middle without a resort stay? Will I book the FP's for Tuesday 30 days out? I'm guessing that's the case but just checking. Some of us have APs and some just a regular ticket.

I feel way behind the curve since we have never been this time of year and don't have updated hours or easywdw crowd calendar. But I'm very happy to be going! Yay! :yay:

I am pretty sure you will book them 30 days out. Hoping maybe someone can confirm that for you -otherwise, just call Disney! Trip looks fun! :teeth:

So glad to have found this thread! Heading to WDW Nov 13-22, staying at POP (our favorite resort) and we got free dining starting the 15th! We've booked our ADRs and got all the fast passes we wanted except for Fantasmic (couldn't fit it in at a time that would work with our ARDS). But we don't mind getting in the standby line early - we always bring Disney Trivia cards to help pass the time.
We are trying new restaurants this time around rather than our old standbys which were Whispering Canyon, Kona Café, Rainforest Cafe and Chef Mickeys. We are trying BOG, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Faire, Akershus, T-Rex, 50's Prime Time Café and Coral Reef. So excited to try new places!

I'm starting to put some summer things away in the suitcase but this is our first time going in November so I'm not quite sure what to pack - especially being limited to only one bag! I'm thinking capris and summer tops but bring hoodies and jeans for the cooler nights.

And we have tickets to MVMCP for the 15th!!!

I cannot WAIT!!!!

I couldn't agree more! We were just talking yesterday and DH asked what our countdown was and when I looked it was 46! Then it hit me!!! I think we are about ready. I have a few more tweaks with dining and we're considering going to the MVMCP so I have to get those tickets but I'm not too stressed about that. We also are doing one day at Universal so I still have to set that up. Other than that, I think we are ready! We ordered the decals for our magic bands so I made the kids nail down the colors they wanted because I was paranoid about missing that day among everything else!
Things are crazy right now with flag football for the little guy, dance for DD and all other activities being thrown in for fall (Halloweekends at Cedar Point, Girl Scout Halloween party, trick or treating at the zoo, pumpkin patch...) October is going to go by crazy fast!!!
My DD keeps changing her mind about her magic band but the boys are done. I keep thinking I have everything figured out and then I remember something else I have to do LOL! Last time we went at the end of October beginning of November and it was SO hot!! I am hoping it will be nicer in the middle of November this year!

My DD keeps changing her mind about her magic band but the boys are done. I keep thinking I have everything figured out and then I remember something else I have to do LOL! Last time we went at the end of October beginning of November and it was SO hot!! I am hoping it will be nicer in the middle of November this year!

That's when we were there last year - 10/30 to 11/8 and it was hot! we have almost the same dates this year but I'm hoping not quite as hot this year

That's when we were there last year - 10/30 to 11/8 and it was hot! we have almost the same dates this year but I'm hoping not quite as hot this year
We were there from 10/30 to 11/7 last year!:) We were at CBR for all but the last day when we got a RO for POR. You could tell who the locals were because they didn't seem bothered by the heat. Some even had pants and long shirts on ,LOL! My SIL lives in Florida and said that type of weather was unusual for that time of year so I think it should be cooler this year. We aren't going until November 13 this year because it worked out better for getting Dog sitters this time. :)

We were there from 10/30 to 11/7 last year!:) We were at CBR for all but the last day when we got a RO for POR. You could tell who the locals were because they didn't seem bothered by the heat. Some even had pants and long shirts on ,LOL! My SIL lives in Florida and said that type of weather was unusual for that time of year so I think it should be cooler this year. We aren't going until November 13 this year because it worked out better for getting Dog sitters this time. :)

We were there last year 10/30-11/4, and yes, I think it was a fluke!

We were at POP last year. This year trying Riverside!
We are trying Riverside this year too! We loved our 1 day RO at Riverside last year so much we wanted to go back there this year. 1 day was not enough time to really explore the resort last year! I am looking forward to the boat ride to DS and walking over to POFQ to try the beignets.

We were there last year 10/30-11/4, and yes, I think it was a fluke!
My SIL said it was more like end of August beginning of September weather. I remember going inside stores a lot to cool down, LOL. I think it only rained once for a couple of minutes so at least we didn't have to drag out the ponchos.:)

I am pretty sure you will book them 30 days out. Hoping maybe someone can confirm that for you -otherwise, just call Disney! Trip looks fun! :teeth:

Thanks for your reply! I found the answer on the awesome FP forum. If your offsite stay is after your RO resort stay the FP window opens up on a rolling basis one day at a time at each 60 day mark. If it is before, it opens up at the same time as your other FP's 60 days before your check in. So I have booked our AK FP's today. can book for our Tuesday on Friday, and then the rest of the trip on Sunday. I am only getting up at 4 AM on Sunday for FEA and SDMT (although I did wake up at 4:30 this morning anyways without any alarm--just my internal Disney clock, lol!).

I am now realizing that most going that week will have already booked FP so I don't know what my chances are for FEA. Wanted to try it, but it's not really a deal breaker for us.

So excited and happy to be going! :goodvibes

We're 60 days away from Thanksgiving with Mickey! I was so worried about my FP+ after the debacle that was making dining reservations (do you remember when MDE was DOWN for over 24 hours with technical issues? yeah, that was my ADR window). BUT! I got all the FP+ I wanted, including the coveted FEA!!! Now, to find an earlier dining reservation for Akershus... wishful thinking, I know!

Getting more and more excited as the days pass! It's been much too long!

It was definitely unseasonably hot at that time last year. We were there for W&D and an adults only trip and it was miserable! And we lived in Florida and thought it was miserable! We've had random weather at Disney just like that in December too. It feels worse than when we went in August, I think because you don't really expect it to be that bad at that time of year. But either way for the first getaway my husband and I have had it was still magical!

And as far as packing goes, you won't really know the weather until a few days beforehand. And even then, it can change. Florida weather is unpredictable. So just keep an eye on the forecast and hope for the best. It will probably be warm, and maybe if we're lucky, cool off a bit in the evenings. But it could swing to either extreme.

Now, to find an earlier dining reservation for Akershus... wishful thinking, I know!

Don't give up! I have been obsessively checking for a BOG reservation for our first night, as I couldn't get one at 180 days at 6am, and scored a 6:45 time just the other day. I kind of obsessively checked, and had a Touring Plans alert, but it was randomly logging in and checking that got me the reservation. So don't give up on finding a time that suites you better.

I'm so happy that our ADRs and FPs are finally just how I want them!!! (I'm wondering if I can actually refrain from continuing to tweak them for the next 44 days!)
Ha Ha that's me! I got everything we wanted on the first day but now I keep second guessing things and tweaking times. I am even looking at some of the restaurants we always go to and trying to decide if we should try something different this year. I think I am going to have to not look at my MDE for a couple of days!:)

Last edited:
Question:

I'm trying to really get an idea of where we want to be on what days...We plan to stay away from MK on Thanksgiving day, with that said, do we go to Epcot or DHS/AK. We do plan to go to Epcot either Friday night or Sunday to check out all of the holiday stuff...but I know that draws a good crowd, soooo the more I type and think, Sunday is looking like a much better idea for Holiday Traditions. But...Thanksgiving day, where?!

Don't give up! I have been obsessively checking for a BOG reservation for our first night, as I couldn't get one at 180 days at 6am, and scored a 6:45 time just the other day. I kind of obsessively checked, and had a Touring Plans alert, but it was randomly logging in and checking that got me the reservation. So don't give up on finding a time that suites you better.

The Touring Plan reservation finder is so clutch! It got me 'Ohana and Beaches and Cream. Gotta get that kitchen sink

Staying off-site. Just told the kids about the upcoming trip Oct 23-28 and let them pick Magic Bands. Placed the order. Hoping they arrive quickly. i saw that order to delivery is usually 11 days, so I should have no problem there. Counting down two more days until I can make my FP+ reservations for our first day... being off-site I think we have to wait for every morning at 6am to make the FP+ reservations, so that will be fun to do early weekend wake ups, but it's all worth it.

Question:

I'm trying to really get an idea of where we want to be on what days...We plan to stay away from MK on Thanksgiving day, with that said, do we go to Epcot or DHS/AK. We do plan to go to Epcot either Friday night or Sunday to check out all of the holiday stuff...but I know that draws a good crowd, soooo the more I type and think, Sunday is looking like a much better idea for Holiday Traditions. But...Thanksgiving day, where?!

From what I have read, the general consensus seems to be AK for most recommended and then DHS for Thanksgiving Day. EP and MK are not recommended. We are going against the conventional wisdom and picking MK. o_O I keep thinking we should change to AK but I can't let go of the vision of having Thanksgiving dinner with the Beast at BOG. Guess I can report back how bad it is. 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter