***Official November 2016 Thread***

Hi everyone! I'm gonna be at Walt Disney world on november 10 until november 17 with my mother and we are gonna stay at the pop century. We are gonna do the Mickey's very merry Christmas party for the first time on november 11! We fly from Montreal to Orlando. I hope the restaurant Planet Hollywood gonna open soon!

November 10
Fly from Montreal to Orlando at 7h00 am
Lunch at Pop century or snacks
Dinner at rainforest cafe in Disney springs at 18h00

November 11
Magic kingdom
Lunch at Crystal palace at 14h20
For dinner we are gonna take a snacks
Mickey's very merry Christmas party (7h00 to midnight)
'
November 12
Epcot
Lunch at Liberty Inn
Dinner at Garden Grill at 18h00

November 13
Disney Hollywood Studios
Lunch at hollywood&wine at 12h05 pm
Dinner ?

November 14
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Pizzafari
Dinner at Splitsville from Disney springs at 19h25

November 15
Disney springs
Lunch at Earl of sandwich
Dinner at wolfgang puck cafe at 19h00

November 16
Free day
Breakfast at the hotel
Lunch ?
Dinner ?

November 17
Return to Montreal at 11h30 am

Hi all!

My daughter and I will be checking into POP on Nov 9th! I have an ADR for a late lunch at Morimotto the day we arrive~I can't wait! It looks so cool and we love Asian food.:earboy2:
I want to get an Alex and Ani Bracelet at Disney Springs while we are there...

We are only staying for 2 nights! Planning Epcot Food and Wine Festival for Nov 10th! I tried to get at Frozen FP for that day and nothing so I grabbed Soarin and Space Ship Earth for now. It is EMH that morning at 8am for Epcot so I figured we can go straight to Norway and ride Frozen and then grab a Starbucks and head to Soarin for our 9:30 FP. That should work just fine..After 11 am we plan to hit up WS the rest of the day anyway..

We love Via Napoli so much so we can't miss it! Early lunch there and we are just gonna have the Blood orange fresca and split an individual size pizza so we have room for F&W booths through out the rest of the day!:flower1:

Planning to stay all day till Illuminations and then head to Port Canaveral in the morning and relax on a 3 night Bahamas cruise!!:beach: Can't wait!

Michelle

Does anyone know when Disney usually finalizes Thanksgiving week hours? I think last year, they opened up MK at 8am during the week of Thanksgiving, so I'm kind of wondering when those updates might happen (if they happen...).

50 days to go! I can't believe it! I want to start packing :laughing: I was up at 7am on our fastpass day and was a little nervous about it because I hadn't booked them online before. It was surprisingly smooth! I got the hang of it after making a few. Plus with being able to do rider swap with DD, I was able to make fastpasses for something for me and DS to do while DD and DH are riding the fast stuff! I'm excited with everything I got.

We debated taking our double stroller, but it can be so cumbersome getting onto the bus, so we are bringing 2. We have an umbrella stroller for DD, who is 6 and will probably walk a lot, but if she needs it, it's there (she has diabetes and when there is a lot going on, she gets tired quickly). And our regular stroller for DS, who will be turning 3 on our trip. I have high hopes that he will nap in the afternoons. We took DD at his age and she never napped, but there's always hope! :rotfl:

I'm glad that dining plans and fastpass plans are done. The next big thing is paying our balance :faint: Then our magic bands will come in the mail! :hyper:

Hope everyone's planning is going well!!!

Does anyone know when Disney usually finalizes Thanksgiving week hours? I think last year, they opened up MK at 8am during the week of Thanksgiving, so I'm kind of wondering when those updates might happen (if they happen...).
Hi! Last year they pretty much finalized hours about a month or so before. And yes, MK and AK opened at 8am just about every day that week. HS also opened at 8 a few mornings and then had EMH at 7 one morning. Epcot never opened before 9 except for EMH morning.
However, even after that "big" finalization, they still changed hours here and there up until the week before. And this year they've been slower to update, so I wouldn't be surprised if Thanksgiving hours aren't significantly updated until late Oct. or even early Nov., although I hope I'm wrong!

Holy moly, time is ticking by so fast! Ive been so wrapped up with work and me going back to school for the first time in 12 years that I have forgotten about all the things we need to do still. We are buying our tickets at the end of the month and then doing fast passes, I need to send in for the magic bands yet...I think I did magical express already, oh man...gotta get back on my game!

Has anyone been able to get FP+ for BTMRR on Nov. 19?? It is suppose to be opened back up but there are no FP+ showing available??

Update- just looked on touring plans and it said all were distributed yesterday...crazy...the only reason we are going that day is for BTMRR... guess we will just have to wait it out!

Last edited:
Was anybody able to book into the Holiday Promotion in the 11/6 to 11/10 window. There are very few rooms at only 2-3 resorts available. Is entire park sold out? Note, I tried it without the promo and got the same result.

Has anyone been able to get FP+ for BTMRR on Nov. 19?? It is suppose to be opened back up but there are no FP+ showing available??

Update- just looked on touring plans and it said all were distributed yesterday...crazy...the only reason we are going that day is for BTMRR... guess we will just have to wait it out!

I think Disney just isn't giving out fps for this in case it doesn't open on time. I don't think they've actually all been claimed.

Ahhhhh! So this ENTIRE TIME OF PLANNING, I have had 9/17 noted as my 60 days bc we check in 11/16. Booked for Poly with package (room/tickets). We ended up getting cheap flight out evening of 11/15, so I added a night but we have room only at AOA on 10/15 bc Poly was full and we didn't need anything other than a room to sleep in. Heading right to Poly next morning. Anyway, back when I made dining reservations I couldn't make dinner reservations for my 180+ 10 until it was 180 to my booked package date. I could only make one day worth of dining res for the room only. Then the next day when I hit 180 from my package booked date I made the 180 +10. Well, I presumed the same would be the case for FP+ reservations- that it would be based on the date of package (tickets/room) booking which 60 days is tomorrow. Low and behold I get an email from Disney at lunchtime reminding me to book my FP+ TODAY. I log in and sure enough it's letting me book my whole trip out to 11/22~ I would not have guessed. I'm annoyed I didn't just try at 7am this morning. Grrrr! Got everything except no FEA fast passes left for our 2nd full day at WDW, our first EPCOT day- 11/17. Crazy!

Anyway, I know some do split stays, so I wanted to share... wish I'd realized!

with it scheduled to reopen after refurb on 11/19; I don't think any FP+ are being released for now. 11/19 is our departure day and wanted to ride it before we leave. There are posts on the FP+ section about the same issue with RNR. Bet they don't want to release any FP+ until they know if it will reopen on time.

I made FP+ on Tuesday and there were no FP+ available and the 19th is the 8th day of our trip, would have thought if they were available I would have seen some time slots

Ahhhhh! So this ENTIRE TIME OF PLANNING, I have had 9/17 noted as my 60 days bc we check in 11/16. Booked for Poly with package (room/tickets). We ended up getting cheap flight out evening of 11/15, so I added a night but we have room only at AOA on 10/15 bc Poly was full and we didn't need anything other than a room to sleep in. Heading right to Poly next morning. Anyway, back when I made dining reservations I couldn't make dinner reservations for my 180+ 10 until it was 180 to my booked package date. I could only make one day worth of dining res for the room only. Then the next day when I hit 180 from my package booked date I made the 180 +10. Well, I presumed the same would be the case for FP+ reservations- that it would be based on the date of package (tickets/room) booking which 60 days is tomorrow. Low and behold I get an email from Disney at lunchtime reminding me to book my FP+ TODAY. I log in and sure enough it's letting me book my whole trip out to 11/22~ I would not have guessed. I'm annoyed I didn't just try at 7am this morning. Grrrr! Got everything except no FEA fast passes left for our 2nd full day at WDW, our first EPCOT day- 11/17. Crazy!

That is awesome!!! What a nice surprise :)

Yes, me, too! We have a split stay, and our package with tickets begins on 11/15. We're at an All-Star for one night before that (no tickets), but we got to do our FP+ 60 days from the All-Star stay. I didn't know that either until I got an email from Disney and checked. It was the middle of the afternoon at that point, and there were still lots of options. None for FEA that worked for us, though.

The same thing happened to me on Wednesday! I wasn't supposed to be able to book until Thursday September 15 and they let me book on September 14. I even have the reminder magnet from Disney on my fridge that said my FP+ day was Sept. 15. I logged in to check my ADR's and finalize my FP+ plan and it was letting me book them! I thought it might be a glitch and then I noticed I had an email telling me I could book my FP. I just assumed the reminder magnet was wrong and I had the wrong day. Now I know it wasn't just me! I also have a RO for my first day before my package starts on November 14. I wonder if the system is seeing it as one reservation for some reason and letting us book from the 60 days of our RO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter