***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Totally didn't think of that, Terri.....both of the older kids got demerits in the last week. :(

As much as I love the Mickey Mouse song, for me it would have to be: "It's a Small World after all, It's a Small World after all....." or "It's a World of laughter, a world of tears, a world of hope and a world of fears...."

That works too! My mother loved children and loved it's a Small World ride!
She died 16 years ago. (Lung Cancer)
So when I go to MK I always ride it at least once.

BUT I don't see how I could have fit in my cheer for 30 days in that song!
:yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

Ok, just got through reading and catching up on the 20 pages of this thread I was behind on cuz stuff's been so crazy at work and with the kids' activities and homework I haven't had time to get on here! (BTW, thanks to whoever posted the Toy Story tv schedule- we missed it last night!) Luckily, they're off school tomorrow and I took off- so a three day weekend is here!

I hope everyone is done being back and forth mad and can get HAPPY about their upcoming trips! 16 days for us! AAAAAH!:banana:

I don't know about the Jersey rep thing, but everyone I've met from Jersey has been nice. I live in South Carolina, but am from Texas, so I guess I've got the Southern charm with a little attitude!:lmao:

I finally broke down and got a new phone. Had the old one for like four years, so it's been a while. I need to spend time this weekend reading through the manual and learning all the features... and find out how many Disney apps I can download;)

In regards to crowd levels, etc. that's always confused me so I haven't really tried to get too into using them for planning. DH and I are weird I think- we don't like walking around in crowds and would rather wait in a longer line than feel crowded. I remember once we went to DTD on a night the park closed early, and it was so crowded we left. I get confused if the predictor is talking about wait times or actually how many people are in the park, like for F&W.

I'd love to say hi to anyone who is at WDW when we are if we're in the same parks! If you click on my pre-trip report link in my siggy there's a picture of DH and I and the boys on the first page intro so you'll recognize us! I still haven't gotten around to making a LGMH...

All right, Jersey Girls, back it down. That would be totally unfair of you all to unite against anyone! I can't handle just one of you.
This of course is not counting my twin sister since she grew up on "my" side of the Delaware Rive,r and lives in Cape May, which may as well be a totally different state as you all.

LOL I think we might be the majority on this board! Jersey girls stick together... Unless you're one of the RHONJ! lol pathetic

LOL I'm cracking up over the "jersey week" comment!!! Hell, I don't even think I'd go!!!!!! LOL LOL

All right, Jersey Girls, back it down. That would be totally unfair of you all to unite against anyone! I can't handle just one of you.
This of course is not counting my twin sister since she grew up on "my" side of the Delaware Rive,r and lives in Cape May, which may as well be a totally different state as you all.

I'll be honest, I'm only a Jersey girl by marriage or after marriage, when I moved here. I'm a Philly girl at heart! But now I love both.

Pipe down jersey girls, or a transplanted queens girl might have to get NYC on ya....lol. (Not directed at the people arguing, just the jersey thing) Of course I am originally fri Maine, then Colorado so I don't have a queens accent ;)

Regarding our trips, I am suddenly having trouble being in the disney spirit. I lost my uncle this week, we have pot out our cat to sleep on Sunday. I have all these other things going wrong..I thought doing disney stuff would make some of it better but I guess I am just a. Bit too down. I hope if I can get past this weekend or next week it can improve...usually disney is such a great escape form everyday issues. Wah, :).

I am waiting to see if I got through to the second round of moms panel, and waiting to see if I get media tickets from the parks so my husband and I can have an adults night at MK! It's been three weeks since I applied getting nervous! I did spend some time squashing magic bands under some plates to reform them though that made me kind of happy!

OH I do have one question..cannot find a thing for my son to wear to AK. I got my daughter a cute pink and gold elephant shirt ($5 at old navy, yeah) but I can't find a hting for him. Why did I wait until there was nothing on shelves but sweaters? He has a tiger shirt but its long sleeved so don't want to rely on that. Trying to find something wi any kind of jungle animal anyone have any ideas???? I am hoping to get to little India next week and pick up something cute and pink/gold for Dd hair or some of those thin bracelets.

Ok one additional thing....wardrobe related.....I have a cute tropical headband for our Ohana dinner. I like to get more in the spirit but all I have is a sulu (like a sarong) in bright pink, would match but will I look too dorky in a black t and a sulu? I'd have black leggings underneath just in case. It would hang pretty long, not immodest. Bt would I look awful or standout? Should I just rely on the headband?

Pipe down jersey girls, or a transplanted queens girl might have to get NYC on ya....lol. (Not directed at the people arguing, just the jersey thing) Of course I am originally fri Maine, then Colorado so I don't have a queens accent ;)

Regarding our trips, I am suddenly having trouble being in the disney spirit. I lost my uncle this week, we have pot out our cat to sleep on Sunday. I have all these other things going wrong..I thought doing disney stuff would make some of it better but I guess I am just a. Bit too down. I hope if I can get past this weekend or next week it can improve...usually disney is such a great escape form everyday issues. Wah, :).

I am waiting to see if I got through to the second round of moms panel, and waiting to see if I get media tickets from the parks so my husband and I can have an adults night at MK! It's been three weeks since I applied getting nervous! I did spend some time squashing magic bands under some plates to reform them though that made me kind of happy!

So sorry about your losses. Things have been bad here too, without going into details, but not as bad as you. I feel that I use our WDW trip and planning as an escape, to keep me from dwelling on reality, as depressing as it may be sometimes. Sometimes though I know it's tough to get back into the spirit of Disney, but I hope when you get on your trip you will feel better.

So sorry about your losses. My heart and prayers are with you. xo

Pipe down jersey girls, or a transplanted queens girl might have to get NYC on ya....lol. (Not directed at the people arguing, just the jersey thing) Of course I am originally fri Maine, then Colorado so I don't have a queens accent ;) Regarding our trips, I am suddenly having trouble being in the disney spirit. I lost my uncle this week, we have pot out our cat to sleep on Sunday. I have all these other things going wrong..I thought doing disney stuff would make some of it better but I guess I am just a. Bit too down. I hope if I can get past this weekend or next week it can improve...usually disney is such a great escape form everyday issues. Wah, :). I am waiting to see if I got through to the second round of moms panel, and waiting to see if I get media tickets from the parks so my husband and I can have an adults night at MK! It's been three weeks since I applied getting nervous! I did spend some time squashing magic bands under some plates to reform them though that made me kind of happy!

I am sorry about your losses.

OH I do have one question..cannot find a thing for my son to wear to AK. I got my daughter a cute pink and gold elephant shirt ($5 at old navy, yeah) but I can't find a hting for him. Why did I wait until there was nothing on shelves but sweaters? He has a tiger shirt but its long sleeved so don't want to rely on that. Trying to find something wi any kind of jungle animal anyone have any ideas???? I am hoping to get to little India next week and pick up something cute and pink/gold for Dd hair or some of those thin bracelets. Ok one additional thing....wardrobe related.....I have a cute tropical headband for our Ohana dinner. I like to get more in the spirit but all I have is a sulu (like a sarong) in bright pink, would match but will I look too dorky in a black t and a sulu? I'd have black leggings underneath just in case. It would hang pretty long, not immodest. Bt would I look awful or standout? Should I just rely on the headband?

Sorry to hear about your losses. Those are tough.

On a happier note, I think it would be great for you to wear your sulu to Ohana! You're at Disney, so be Disney! I wear costumes whenever I get the chance (yes, I own a tutu and don't know how to dance).

OH I do have one question..cannot find a thing for my son to wear to AK. I got my daughter a cute pink and gold elephant shirt ($5 at old navy, yeah) but I can't find a hting for him. Why did I wait until there was nothing on shelves but sweaters? He has a tiger shirt but its long sleeved so don't want to rely on that. Trying to find something wi any kind of jungle animal anyone have any ideas???? I am hoping to get to little India next week and pick up something cute and pink/gold for Dd hair or some of those thin bracelets.

Ok one additional thing....wardrobe related.....I have a cute tropical headband for our Ohana dinner. I like to get more in the spirit but all I have is a sulu (like a sarong) in bright pink, would match but will I look too dorky in a black t and a sulu? I'd have black leggings underneath just in case. It would hang pretty long, not immodest. Bt would I look awful or standout? Should I just rely on the headband?

I'm so sorry about all you've gone through this week :hug:

As far as something for your son, do you think someone on the Creative DISigns thread can help with that? I've requested a few from absout_mandy's designs and Lady Bodacea (hope I spelled those right). Maybe do a name fill with jungle animals in it or something (that you can iron on)? I guess that does require a little elbow grease on your part- especially if you were just looking to pick up something. Hmmm... Check the clearance sections at Target at Wal-Mart. I'd throw Kohl's in there but they are pretty picked over by now..

As far as your wardrobe for O'hana, I'm afraid I'm not one to be qualified to comment. If it makes you feel good, go for it!!!! If you think you'll be self-conscious, maybe pack it and just see how you feel that day Sorry I'm not much help.

Sorry for your losses.
I know what you mean by life happening. It's been happening for a few weeks around here too. The whole Disney trip planning just kept falling into place so smooth and now.........If I didn't know better I'd give up and just not go, but I'm not doing that. I'm determined it will all work out.

Your Daughters shirt sounds cute. Not sure how old your son is and so on, but I'd go with an iron on. You basically just have to find his favorite wild animal picture, print and iron. Other wise you'll be shopping.
What about a safari shirt? or vest? hat?
Or when you get to Animal Kingdom you could buy him a shirt right at that first store.

Wait isn't there a dinosaur dig at AK? You could always go with something with dinosaurs on it.

Or what about a black tshirt and put a zebra print bandana around his neck?
If it turns out to be a warm day he can always wet it in the water fountains and wring it out and put it back on and it will cool him down. :)

That's all I got for idea.

As far as Ohana, I've never been so I'm not sure how people dress. I just know there is some kind of dress code. I have to figure something out that transitions easy enough cause I think we will be in the parks that afternoon.
And then plan to walk over to the beach area to watch the fire works. So in case I'm sitting in the sand..............

What??? More on this please. We were planning on going in regular park-attire.

I don't know where I read this but I did read something about a dress code.
I just looked at the Disney site and Disney food blog and can't find it.
Let me look at a couple other things and I'll post what I find.

Sorry to alarm you if this is incorrect but I do remember this Ohana and Flying Fish. Can only find dress code for Flying Fish right now.

Nechville said:

It's the same as most restaurants there. They don't want tank tops, short cut offs, or offensive tshirts. Most park attire is just fine. Especially for what I suspect most DIS members would wear. We seem like a good level headed bunch!

You can dress in "regular park-attire" at Ohana. It's not a signature dining place like Yachtsman steak house or Narcossees where there is a more formal code.

For a Formal dress code for Yachtsman, this is what disney says in thier description found on the dining board. If you don't see this with the Restaurant description, you're fine :)

Dress Code

At this Signature Dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

I don't know where I read this but I did read something about a dress code.
I just looked at the Disney site and Disney food blog and can't find it.
Let me look at a couple other things and I'll post what I find.

Sorry to alarm you if this is incorrect but I do remember this Ohana and Flying Fish. Can only find dress code for Flying Fish right now.

Sorry to alarm. I have no idea where I read dress code for Ohana. This is all I can find. So it's ok to go with park attire.

Q. Do any restaurants have a dress code?
A. Yes, the following Signature Restaurants have a resort casual dress code:
e Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
e California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
e Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
e Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk
e Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
e Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
e Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short- or long-sleeved shirt with a collar or t-shirt required. Jackets are optional.
Ladies: Jeans, skirt, or dress shorts with blouse, sweater or t-shirt, or a dress required.
Not permitted: tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs, torn clothing of any kind, or t-shirts with
offensive language and/or graphics.

It's the same as most restaurants there. They don't want tank tops, short cut offs, or offensive tshirts. Most park attire is just fine. Especially for what I suspect most DIS members would wear. We seem like a good level headed bunch!

Ya I don't see me wearing those. ;) Especially in November.

I'm actually relieved cause I was trying to figure out what I was wearing and how I was going to switch cause I wasn't sure I was taking a break in the afternoon at the resort. Yay :thumbsup2

I wish I new where I read that. hmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter