***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Yeah the MB angle is all wrong! Definitely a good idea to put something heavy on it for a bit, thanks. Is anyone doing anything to further customize? I kind of want to do something..not sure what. Probably not buying the items at disney

Yeah the MB angle is all wrong! Definitely a good idea to put something heavy on it for a bit, thanks. Is anyone doing anything to further customize? I kind of want to do something..not sure what. Probably not buying the items at disney

Yeah, totally wrong angle. The forced angle right at the end of each side the working part of the band is too steep IMHO.

Now sure if I will customize it further. I might design something for under the nubs to protect my wrist though.

I'm at 27 days and still no DME tags yet, anyone else that hasn't received them yet?

No sorry, I got mine yesterday at 29 days out. I'd give it another day or two and then call. You didn't book through a TA did you? It might have been sent there if you did.

I still don't have an answer about BW entertainment. I was under the impression that there is nightly activity. But a previous post said something about Thursday - Sunday. I currently have plans for Wednesday night to be down there. any clarification?

Only Thurs through Sat. The Dance Hall and Jellyrolls are still open but otherwise, It's pretty quiet the rest of the week. We almost always stay at one of the boardwalk resorts and we love just walking around but it's definitely quiet early in the week.

If it's late enough in the month, the resort decorations are all really lovely, and not nearly as overrun as GF and Contemporary.

No sorry, I got mine yesterday at 29 days out. I'd give it another day or two and then call. You didn't book through a TA did you? It might have been sent there if you did.[/QUOTE

No we rented points through a DVC member for OKW, I tried calling DME directly but they said I would have to talk to DVC, but because I'm not the member I'm not sure they would tell me anything:(. Getting nervous!

I wonder if a loop made of felt would cover the bumps? It doesn't bother me although I have only worn the mb for a few minutes

Yeah, totally wrong angle. The forced angle right at the end of each side the working part of the band is too steep IMHO.

Now sure if I will customize it further. I might design something for under the nubs to protect my wrist though.

Perhaps placing two of those small round band-aids over them? Or one long band-aid? :confused3 I wear mine loose enough for them not to touch my skin, although this does let it ride up my arm. It hasn't twisted on the wrist, I think because I've formed it to bend where my wrist curves.

No we rented points through a DVC member for OKW, I tried calling DME directly but they said I would have to talk to DVC, but because I'm not the member I'm not sure they would tell me anything:(. Getting nervous!

Your name should be on the reservation with DVC, call them and see what happens. Did you get a regular reservation number? If so, you can go the the Magic Express website and register with them directly through there I think.

I wonder if a loop made of felt would cover the bumps? It doesn't bother me although I have only worn the mb for a few minutes

I'm sure it won't bother most people, especially woman who are used to jewelry, but I don't usually wear accessories. The little bumps don't bother me as much when I wear it with the Mickey head on the inside of my wrist, but when the bumps touch there it is like sandpaper to me.

Perhaps placing two of those small round band-aids over them? Or one long band-aid? :confused3 I wear mine loose enough for them not to touch my skin, although this does let it ride up my arm. It hasn't twisted on the wrist, I think because I've formed it to bend where my wrist curves.

They don't touch if my arm isn't resting on or brushing against something. It was really driving me crazy when I was trying to type with the thing on, but I don't think I have to worry about that at Disney World ;)

The band doesn't spin easily when I loosen it more, but it does turn a bit and it drives me bonkers. In other words, I'm oversensitive to things. My nerve endings seem to be easily bothered by the slightest things. Sometimes I even cringe when my kids rub up against me. If I was a kid today I'm sure I would be diagnosed with something, I'm glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's when they just considered those things normal quirks - although I'm sure they called me something else behind my back :)

Edited to add: The bandaid does seem to be helping.

They don't touch if my arm isn't resting on or brushing against something. It was really driving me crazy when I was trying to type with the thing on, but I don't think I have to worry about that at Disney World ;)

The band doesn't spin easily when I loosen it more, but it does turn a bit and it drives me bonkers. In other words, I'm oversensitive to things. My nerve endings seem to be easily bothered by the slightest things. Sometimes I even cringe when my kids rub up against me. If I was a kid today I'm sure I would be diagnosed with something, I'm glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's when they just considered those things normal quirks - although I'm sure they called me something else behind my back :)

My kids and I ALL have sensory issues. My kids won't wear socks and my oldest won't wear underwear. He is diagnosed ASD but the rest of us have none, although I suppose we all have tendencies. Hopefully we will all be able to wear the MB's. I should be receiving them in the next day or 2, based on everyone else's experience here. :dance3:

Only Thurs through Sat. The Dance Hall and Jellyrolls are still open but otherwise, It's pretty quiet the rest of the week. We almost always stay at one of the boardwalk resorts and we love just walking around but it's definitely quiet early in the week.

If it's late enough in the month, the resort decorations are all really lovely, and not nearly as overrun as GF and Contemporary.

Giant sigh! Back to looking at my itinerary. Does'nt make sense to dedicate a night to BW if nothing is going on. I'm not interested in dancing or drinking.
Was looking for the fun night life of magicians and such. pout.

So I got a big envelope today in the mail and was like WOW what's this all about.

I've been invited to try the magic Bands and according to this paper work I have until November 5th to customize. Well um myexperience.com says I have today only left. Very interesting conflict.

Glad I already did it and that I don't have the stress of trying to figure it out tonight.

OK, I posted this in the restaurant thread, but I thought I'd ask here too:

Dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:15 or Crystal Palace at 7:45? Which would you do?

We haven't eaten at either place. We are going to MK that morning and then probably taking a break for the afternoon before going back to the park for dinner and the evening so both locations work well.

MK is closing at 9:00PM that night and there is no MSEP. We really want to see Wishes since that will be our only chance to see them in the park (we will most likely see Holiday Wishes from the Poly Beach a few days before).

Obviously we will be cutting it close with the CP reservation at 7:45, but it is not during a busy day so we might be seated near our time, and I can always send the kids outside to see the fireworks with my husband or one of the grandparents (as long as they don't miss it I'm fine). Can you see the fireworks decently from outside the Crystal Palace?

The other character meals we have are breakfast at Ohana and dinner at Garden Grill so we will see some of the classic characters then.

I've heard some really bad things about Chef Mickey's, but I know my boys would like to eat in the Contemporary, plus we will have PP+. The timing might not be the best because it wouldn't give us much of an afternoon break before getting back (we are staying at OKW). My boys will be 13, 10 and almost 7 when we go. The 13 year old is a great sport and has no issues about dining with characters being babyish. The 10 year old enjoys everything about life and will totally go along with the whole character thing.

I'd love to get either place at 6-6:30, but that isn't happening this late in the game.

What would you choose and why?

Thanks.

I would go with CP. Just show up a little early; you may get seated in enough time to see Wishes. That way you will be in MK, and you can tour right up until dinner time.

Glad the bandaid is helping.

I have skin sensitivity, too, but at random times and random places. Sometimes, if I get a mouth ulcer, then some part of my body on the affected side will be sensitive to the touch. Sometimes, that whole side of my body will feel icky. My hair will even hurt! My skin gets REALLY sensitive if I come down with the flu. No medical explanation for it, thus far. I have auto-immune thyroid disease but that doesn't seem to explain it.

Sometimes, it's just ONE measly patch of skin but that one patch ruins it for all. LOL. Today, I have a muscle spasm/crick in my left shoulder and that side is sensitive. I had a fever blister pop up last week on that side so I'm sure that kickstarted things. Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo around here :upsidedow.

My kids and I ALL have sensory issues. My kids won't wear socks and my oldest won't wear underwear. He is diagnosed ASD but the rest of us have none, although I suppose we all have tendencies. Hopefully we will all be able to wear the MB's. I should be receiving them in the next day or 2, based on everyone else's experience here. :dance3:

My mom always said I have "issues" :)

Your engineer husband will just have to customize them all for your guys.

So I got a big envelope today in the mail and was like WOW what's this all about.

I've been invited to try the magic Bands and according to this paper work I have until November 5th to customize. Well um myexperience.com says I have today only left. Very interesting conflict.

Glad I already did it and that I don't have the stress of trying to figure it out tonight.

OMG, I got invited to try Magic Bands today! Aren't I lucky? ;)

I would go with CP. Just show up a little early; you may get seated in enough time to see Wishes. That way you will be in MK, and you can tour right up until dinner time.

Thanks for your input, that is what I am leaning towards. Why do you like CP better?

Glad the bandaid is helping.

I have skin sensitivity, too, but at random times and random places. Sometimes, if I get a mouth ulcer, then some part of my body on the affected side will be sensitive to the touch. Sometimes, that whole side of my body will feel icky. My hair will even hurt! My skin gets REALLY sensitive if I come down with the flu. No medical explanation for it, thus far. I have auto-immune thyroid disease but that doesn't seem to explain it.

Sometimes, it's just ONE measly patch of skin but that one patch ruins it for all. LOL. Today, I have a muscle spasm/crick in my left shoulder and that side is sensitive. I had a fever blister pop up last week on that side so I'm sure that kickstarted things. Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo around here :upsidedow.

In the world of acupuncture/acupressure this totally makes sense.
We have a mirror (something or other) point that will be sore if that part of your body is having an issue.
There is a point on your ear that if you have back pain, will be sore and with the right pressure can relieve the pain.

I have some points on my body that one day I can touch and no issue another day ouch!
And of course reflexology has those points in your hand and feet.

Your auto immune issue would definite explain some of your sensitivities.

Giggles. Just speaking from person experience with my own stuff and what I've done with my son with Autism.

This will be interesting if the band bothers my arm. Of course I have to take my bracelets off when I'm typing. I do like bracelets but necklaces can drive me crazy. If the MB bothers me, it will go in my back pack on on my belt loop.
We'll have to see.

My mom always said I have "issues" :)

Your engineer husband will just have to customize them all for your guys.

OMG, I got invited to try Magic Bands today! Aren't I lucky? ;)

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/sh...9-4485-a888-8a76536ffd2e_zps9b7a2605.jpg.html

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/sh...e-4d7b-8e91-c74a858ecc75_zps7c7c9880.jpg.html

Thanks for your input, that is what I am leaning towards. Why do you like CP better?

Yes, DH is likely to have some solution for us.
Waiting to see which I receive first, the bands or the invite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter