OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

We went last night and it was great !!!! Can't wait to see it again tonight.
I picked up the Disney blog contest package this morning at ak. Free parking, free park day tickets, VIP passes for tonight's show loaded on sone really cute free magic bands !!! We did not need the park tickets so we gave them to a family waiting in line to buy tickets (it is so nice to share the magic)

Has the times guide for this week changed at all as compared to yesterday? We didn't get there today.

I asked one of the managers why they're sets weren't posted on the schedule for the nighttime shows and he said they are trying to see how this weeks goes and then adjust the schedules accordingly

1) It could also be that the show was put together in approx 1½ weeks.
2) So, not time for signs and other pre-planning.

1) It could also be that the show was put together in approx 1½ weeks.
2) So, not time for signs and other pre-planning.
Viva Gaia has been preforming at ak for a couple of years now, they just added the nighttime shows. Also both street parties were planned a while back, when they still thought that RoL wad opening in April 22nd

So, those of you that have seen the show from different vantage points and with different options (FP, dining package, standby) I am trying to figure out where the best seats are, as this seems to be really important to enjoying the show. Right now I have a dining package booked, and a FP on a different day. I am only planning to see the show once. From what I've read, it sounds like the seats further back are better. Is that true? Where are the dining package seats? Are they up front like Fantasmic? If so, then are they not as good as a FP seat - or even a stand by seat? I would really appreciate your thoughts on where to sit and where the different seating sections are.

I'm thinking about giving up our 9:00 JB FP+ and just riding EE during this time.
Night 2 (saturday) it was 45 minutes about 9pm. night 1 it was walk on. First weekend, 3 day weekend. It might be a weekend holiday locals filling it up because it's new right now.

The dining package people are able to sit in the two sections closest to the center on the Nemo side, front or back whichever. I sat in the front row, and thought the show was good. There really is no best seat in my opinion, the barge with the singers actually faces the empty center between the two seating areas with neither area looking directly at it, which is odd. This show is really all about the music anyway. It seems like a nice placeholder until they get ROL working.

Hello, I just got back from Animal Kingdom, and I had FastPasses for Jungle Book and the safaris. There were horrendous thunderstorms, and the 1st show was cancelled (when I had FastPass). We waited out the rain, and then did the safari. The sunset was the best part, and you couldn't see the animals. One lion fell asleep on a rock, and just looked like a bump on a rock. The CM didn't notice him until someone pointed it out. Before leaving, we went to Guest Relations, and got 9 free FastPasses and 3 snacks, after 30 minutes of hoop-jumping.

Went tonight. Enjoyed the Safari at twilight just as the rain was coming down. Animals seemed a lot more active as temp was dripping. . We also had the rhino that walked next to the truck. Closest I've ever been to a rhino. Also enjoyed the projection on the ToL and the thrill of seeing it lit up at night. I was nonplussed about the Jungle Book show. We had FPs for the 10:30. We got into line at 9:55 and stood around for 20 minutes. Not sure if this was because of storms or what. My wife is in a mobility scooter due to a bad hip, so we went through wheel chair line. Took a long time to get seated and we were at bottom of pavilion. Everything challenging to see. Fountains partially hidden behind floats and only one of the fliat was used. Dancers we could see kept messing up the choreography, we saw a wardrobe malfunction and the theater was dark and the performers in aisles were hard to see. I have FPs for later this week, but am rethinking it. It had the feel of a hastily thrown together production, which of course it was. Would rather watch one of the other end of day shows at the other parks than this.

Night 2 (saturday) it was 45 minutes about 9pm. night 1 it was walk on. First weekend, 3 day weekend. It might be a weekend holiday locals filling it up because it's new right now.

Thanks for the info! I tried looking on the TP app last night around that time, but it said EE was down. When I started noticing other things down, I discovered there were storms moving through and a lot was down (JB cancelled, etc.), so I'll give it another try tonight. We'll be there this coming Friday, so I thought that maybe last night would've given me a pretty good idea. I'm thinking based on your response, that at the most, it would be 45 minutes (really hoping for no more than 30!). It is definitely operating DURING the JB show, right, and they don't temporarily pause it while that's going on?

I just filled out a survey for Disney asking about our experience.
me too. The survey focused on Jungle Book show, I'm sure it's based on people with fp and probably dinning resssies. A lot of specific questions. They also asked about the other nighttime attractions. Here's the question about which awakening did I watch at the tree of life
Fireflies gather and awaken the Fox, who makes friends with squirrels, birds and bears.
A love story about two hummingbirds and a potential new suitor
Fireflies gather and awaken the Deer, who jumps and runs with an eagle through a tunnel of briars.
A montage of scenes including gorillas, giraffes, brontosaurus, a black panther with glowing yellow eyes and Monarch butterflies.
They only asked about these 4, I know that there are also 4 more that have to do with the seasons...I've only watched the Fox and the deer one. And the kiss goodnight with a montage of Disney movies
Also copy/pasted the seating area for Jungle Book and eventually RoL. @Robo maybe you can add this, if you don't have it already, to your arsenal of maps :) Both times I've watched the show I have sat on section G
JBALMSeats.png
Gray is the stone benches
Brown is wooden benches
Blue is standing room only
@OhioStateBuckeye maybe you can put this seating map in the front page

Last edited:
Does anyone know when approximately the first Tree of Life Projection Show takes place?

I'd like to know this, too. Also wondering where the best place to stake out a spot would be (preferably sitting). I'd like to devote a little time to catch 2 "awakenings". Thanks!
I asked this very questions to managers (they were all around AK all weekend long) and they said at sunset. So it depends on when it gets completely dark. Which if the calendar says 8:22pm it will be completely dark maybe 10 minutes after that time.
As to best place to watch, I'm short so I like to be in the front as much as possible. You can also watch it from the bridge leading up to the Tree of Life and will have an elevated view, it's just further away.
As to places to sit, there really isn't any, there are ledges on both sides of the stores but you cannot see the awakenings from there. What Steph and I did was sit there, we waited for the ambiance music to stop playing, got up and walked real fast to the front of the tree and watched the whole awakening

me too. The survey focused on Jungle Book show, I'm sure it's based on people with fp and probably dinning resssies. A lot of specific questions. They also asked about the other nighttime attractions. Here's the question about which awakening did I watch at the tree of life
Fireflies gather and awaken the Fox, who makes friends with squirrels, birds and bears.
A love story about two hummingbirds and a potential new suitor
Fireflies gather and awaken the Deer, who jumps and runs with an eagle through a tunnel of briars.
A montage of scenes including gorillas, giraffes, brontosaurus, a black panther with glowing yellow eyes and Monarch butterflies.
They only asked about these 4, I know that there are also 4 more that have to do with the seasons...I've only watched the Fox and the deer one. And the kiss goodnight with a montage of Disney movies
Also copy/pasted the seating area for Jungle Book and eventually RoL. @Robo maybe you can add this, if you don't have it already, to your arsenal of maps :) Both times I've watched the show I have sat on section G
View attachment 172144
Gray is the stone benches
Brown is wooden benches
Blue is standing room only
@OhioStateBuckeye maybe you can put this seating map in the front page

I was in D.

ETA: Saw the deer and Eagle around 11pm. What time did you see yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter