"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Hubby and I have traded off holding the spot several times, but we try to get into line together. That way the folks around us know how big our party is. We wait for a while together, then one of us takes the kids out, return and switch. And I always make sure we are all back when the characters come out. Nothing worse than thinking you are next in line and then 10 people "cut" in front of you. But "holding" spots is very common for the rare characters with long waits.

That's a good way to do it. As you said, when the people around you know how big your group is it's fine, but if a bunch just show up at the end it's easy to cause an annoyance. It still shouldn't be a problem if one does but your way is a courteous way to handle it.

we fly out on Saturday morning and I CANNOT WAIT! This is our first ever hard ticket party. I REALLY want to get pics with the 7Ds. There are five in our group, when we go up for our picture, what is a good way to take pictures? From what I can tell from online pics is the 7Ds are sitting in chairs in two rows. Maybe the adults stand in the back and the kids up front? Any thoughts? Also, please tell me what time you advise we get in line. Thank you!

Nope exactly at 7 :(
So you waited 3 hours? That's just too long for me! I hope the line for the 7 dwarfs is shorter!!!

Your mileage may vary but FWIW, we were at the party this past Sunday and walked up to the Plaza garden area about 2-3 minutes before the fireworks started. Got a great spot to sit and stretch out. I would have rather been 15-20 minutes early but we were running late. I was shocked good spots all around the hub were plentiful just minutes before. It seemed like a relatively crowded party to me, overall.
Can you tell me where exactly the plaza garden area is?

We were at party this evening. We had a lot of fun and did the desert party as well. A few notes that may be helpful...

Perhaps a fluke but we stumbled upon Nick and Judy at 8:22 and line was short. We were out of the line by 8:41!!!!

We got to the flagpole by 8:47 and got waters and took a spot on the curb. Parade started very soon thereafter and view was nice. Wind blows the snoap over every now and then.

We had an emergency potty break with the kids so were a bit late getting to desert check in. They took us to our seat and we were right at the railing dead center. View was very nice even with tree blocking castle.

Deserts were fine a few quite tasty and cheese station was most popular. We liked the egg nog and happy to have coffee.

My DH was very glad we did it...to walk right up for curbside seats with no stress and sit during the fireworks. I'm not sure it should command the price it does... but it did make the night a lot less of a hassle and for a family that can't do the second parade it allowed us to get a lot in for the party.

Other news for evening...we didn't meet any other characters but did do several rides and walked on everything except jingle cruise which advertise a 30 minute wait which turned into an 8 minute wait.

Only downside was an extremely rude and grumpy man sitting in the back row of pirates using a lot of profanity to complain about the "drop" and how lame all the animatronics are...in his enormous voice. Mr. cranky pants was a big ba hum bug for our family with small children. But not a big deal at all in comparison to a lovely evening.
Thanks for the details. We are doing dessert party within the Christmas party as well. When/where did you pick up credentials for the viewing spot and then dessert area?

Thanks for the details. We are doing dessert party within the Christmas party as well. When/where did you pick up credentials for the viewing spot and then dessert area?

Second this. We will be in MK earlier in the day, and was wondering when we pick up our Party wristbands and dessert party credentials...

we fly out on Saturday morning and I CANNOT WAIT! This is our first ever hard ticket party. I REALLY want to get pics with the 7Ds. There are five in our group, when we go up for our picture, what is a good way to take pictures? From what I can tell from online pics is the 7Ds are sitting in chairs in two rows. Maybe the adults stand in the back and the kids up front? Any thoughts? Also, please tell me what time you advise we get in line. Thank you!
The CMs will "pose" you with the dwarfs, so make sure wherever you end up, you can be seen, as they only take a couple shots.

Line up by 5:15 and you'll be one of the first to meet them when they come out at 6:15.

I'm not sure what the popular opinion is, but from my experience on Sunday night the first one was far more crowded and chaotic because it was still during main park hours. It's as if every non-party goer sticks around to see that because they need to be out shortly after. Add the incoming party crowd to that mix and it makes for a crowded hub.

It was a nightmare last year! Took us FOREVER to get down Main Street and set us behind all evening. DH and I will be arriving around 3:30-4 this year. Learned that lesson the hard way! :crazy: :tink:

It was a nightmare last year! Took us FOREVER to get down Main Street and set us behind all evening. DH and I will be arriving around 3:30-4 this year. Learned that lesson the hard way! :crazy: :tink:

You may already know this but this year they let the incoming party crowd use the Main Street Bypass. They started doing that at the Halloween Party this year and it makes congestion on Main Street SO much better since most of the comers & goers are split. You don't have to use the bypass as a party goer, but it's a great option.

Have fun at your party!

You may already know this but this year they let the incoming party crowd use the Main Street Bypass. They started doing that at the Halloween Party this year and it makes congestion on Main Street SO much better since most of the comers & goers are split. You don't have to use the bypass as a party goer, but it's a great option.

What is the MSB? Where does it start, end? It's normally not accessible?

What is the MSB? Where does it start, end? It's normally not accessible?

Go to Tony's and turn right down the side street next to the confectionary. They were setting up a treat station (not on the map) right as I walked in at 4pm. I didn't realize the bypass was open, but it's a great idea. I think it spits out somewhere in Tomorrowland. Not officially part of the park - more backstage.

Here's an aerial showing the Main Street Bypass - it's the pink line. A year or two ago they added a bit of decoration/theming in that area. You're still backstage but it's not as blatantly backstage as it used to be.

Also for the PP that asked about the hub "garden" area.... the one on front of Casey's is in green (West) and the one in front of the Plaza is in yellow (East). Note that these were first setup as FP+ fireworks viewing areas but they stopped using them for FPs earlier this year. They are open all of the time. Like I said before, I think a lot of folks "think" it's reserved fireworks viewing but it's not - it's my go-to spot for party fireworks.

1234.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter