"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Question! What are the days at the MK like when ABC is shooting the Christmas special? Is the FOF called off on all 3 days.................was anyone there in 2015 who can elaborate?
We'll be visiting during Jersey Week (Nov 6th thru 12th) which does correspond to last years tapings. We taking my brother and his family and trying to plan in general. Wouldn't want them to miss FOF :(

We're looking at the 11th for the party.........but that depends on the other days as my brother isn't visiting Disney parks on all 7 days we're there. He's planning on a 5 day hopper but if the party works I can get him to a 4 day hopper and he can use the party ticket for the 5th day.

Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
Question! What are the days at the MK like when ABC is shooting the Christmas special? Is the FOF called off on all 3 days.................was anyone there in 2015 who can elaborate?
We'll be visiting during Jersey Week (Nov 6th thru 12th) which does correspond to last years tapings. We taking my brother and his family and trying to plan in general. Wouldn't want them to miss FOF :(

We're looking at the 11th for the party.........but that depends on the other days as my brother isn't visiting Disney parks on all 7 days we're there. He's planning on a 5 day hopper but if the party works I can get him to a 4 day hopper and he can use the party ticket for the 5th day.

Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

Doug :goofy:
Last year I was there Nov 5-14th. The tapings were on the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th. I honestly do not know about FoF because we don't like being in the park at that time because of the crowds. The mornings were crazy though while the taping was going on. I am not sure what they plan to do for this years taping, but we won't be going in Nov this year. It was cool to watch the taping of it, but it was SO darn hot that week.. unusually hot for November so we just couldn't enjoy it as much as we wanted to. We did the party on Thursday, the 12th and it was wonderful!!!! Not sold out, and the park felt empty all night! We kept saying how great and worth it it was because it was so crowded all week.

I'm going to really update this bad boy later on but just put it up as a place holder - I don't want to use my photos from two years ago if anyone has photos from LAST year that they want to share, please feel free and I'll update them in the OP. I'm DEF going this year so look forward to my photos at a later date - and as always we will keep this thread up to date with the best and most accurate info we can find.
Here's some pics from 2015 in December! :santa:

Attachments

• MK_Anna_Elsa.JPG
    MK_Anna_Elsa.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 45
  • MK_SBCCALLIOPECHAR_sandyclaws.jpeg
    MK_SBCCALLIOPECHAR_sandyclaws.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 44
  • MK_xmas_mickey_topiery.JPG
    MK_xmas_mickey_topiery.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 42
  • xmas_MK_castle_1.JPG
    xmas_MK_castle_1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
  • xmas_MK_Snow.JPG
    xmas_MK_Snow.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 44
  • xmas_MK.JPG
    xmas_MK.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 40
  • MK_CASTLEWALLCHARACTER_7dwarves.jpeg
    MK_CASTLEWALLCHARACTER_7dwarves.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 46
  • MK_Goofy.JPG
    MK_Goofy.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 40
  • MK_Olaf.JPG
    MK_Olaf.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 44
Well I don't know if it means anything but I've been checking the Disney website under tickets, special events, several times a day for the last few weeks, anxiously awaiting release of party dates. Under the Halloween party it has check back for select dates in 2016 and said that for weeks, but the Christmas party section has always said 2015, until yesterday! Twice yesterday it changed to 2016 and changed back to 2015 later. This morning it was back on 2015. I swear I checked and double checked when it changed, after it changed back to 2015 I thought I was seeing things and imagined seeing the 2016, but it was there again last night. Hopefully this means they are working on loading the dates to the website!
This may have something to do with the cookies from the site? Try resetting your browser history and website data and check again! I just checked and mine said 2016 :)

This may have something to do with the cookies from the site? Try resetting your browser history and website data and check again! I just checked and mine said 2016 :)

I suppose that is possible but without my doing anything it has changed to 2016 and stayed that way since last Friday. I'm still hopeful this means a release of dates soon!!!

Are the lines for attractions long during the party?

Not usually. We walked right on to 7DMT.

We were there during the time of the taping and they just moved FOF back to 5 p.m. instead of 3 p.m.

Any thoughts on the first party date? I'm hoping for Sunday 11/6 :)

I'd say Tuesday 11/8 is more likely. I don't know if they'll have a Halloween party on 11/1 (it would mean having parties 3 nights in a row), but I don't think they've ever had the first Christmas party less than 7 days after the last Halloween party.

I would prefer 11/6 but I think its going to be 11/8. We are basically staying until the day after the 1st party so it would save us hotel costs for 2 nights if it was the 6th! (we arrive 10/28).

EDITED TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION: In 2014 it was May 5; in 2015 it was April 8. Let's hope it's closer to last year's dates...

(Forgive me if this has been said already but when were MVMCP tickets on sale last year, or the year before -- does anyone have that data? Just wondering when the next date we should be crossing our fingers for is coming...)

Do they usually announce the dates of the parties on one day and then start selling the tickets on a different day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter