"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

If the PP is already going to parks on other days, the $105 cost you cite would not apply, and it could be as little as $11.

That's a very good point! I was comparing ticket to ticket but, more than likely, most people will have multi-day tickets where the cost would be less. But, I still think my point is valid that some people might not want a full day at MK and would choose a smaller multi-day ticket package and add on the party and still find it fun and a good deal for other reasons than hitting all the party events.

Maybe someone wants more than a day at MK but not 2 full days, or maybe they only are half-interested in the party but like the idea of smaller lines for the rides and seeing just the Christmas parade and so don't mind taking an hour out of the night for dinner, especially if it's the only time they could get that ADR they were so hoping for.

I get the point though that by eating dinner you miss the party events, I just can see why someone may choose to miss some events and still attend the party.

We're only going for the party, just an evening trip while near Tampa. If it wasn't for the cheaper party ticket we wouldn't be going to WDW at all, so for that, we're thrilled with our 7pm BOG reservation (couldn't get in for dinner at all last time we were there). We're also all adults (and I'm the youngest by 25 years - going with my 68-yr-old mom and her two sisters) and not planning on any big rides or characters.

I'd probably cancel CRT only because it's such a big thing and seems like overkill for the party night, though, esp if you've got a bunch of other good meals planned the rest of your visit.

I honestly don't see what the point is of going to the party if you're going to miss some of the party-specific stuff, not to mention just missing out on at least hour of a 5 hour party.

I have BOG reservations during the party, and since that means you don't see the point of me going, please allow me to tell you how I arrived at this decision.

I'm going to the party because spending that particular night in the MK works best with our plans. We're doing a short trip, using non-expiring tickets. This night is a bonus, and it's saving us at least $50 (instead of buying full-day tickets for everyone). If all goes smoothly (and it doesn't rain!), we should be able to see Holiday Wishes and a parade.

And we couldn't be more excited!

Does anyone know what of the MVMCP things will happen in the parks once the parties are over? During Xmas week? I understand that the 3pm parade will be the xmas one and the wishes will be Holiday wishes.
Beginning December 19th, in addition to the Christmas parade that runs at 12:00 and 3:30, the Celebrate the Season Castle stage shows run instead of Dream Along With Mickey. There may be a new show on the Tomorrowland Stage. And, Holiday Wishes runs until NYE.

I apologize, I haven't read through the whole thread, but is there somewhere I can find a schedule of events. What time the parades, fireworks, shows are, etc?

We were offered free tickets to the party, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going with a 2 (nearly 3) year old. If everything occurs past his bedtime, we might just skip it.

Hi All -

My 7 year old doesn't care at all about the character meets so we tend to skip them. This year I'd like to do one to see if we can get a good family picture. Since my son doesn't have any character preferences we don't need to do a popular one. Any recommendations for characters that tend to have really short lines? My son is on the autism spectrum and gets very shy at meet and greets because it's hard for him to figure out how to act, so it's helpful if we can find a character that can roll with that.

We aren't on the autism spectrum but some of THE BEST interactions we have has were at Fairytale Hall. They were chatty, true to character and personable in an enduring way that it almost caught my DD off guard because she was use to the "autograph-smile-picture routine". I'm would try them 1st if he doesn't have a preference for characters. Hope you have a magical time!

I apologize, I haven't read through the whole thread, but is there somewhere I can find a schedule of events. What time the parades, fireworks, shows are, etc?

We were offered free tickets to the party, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going with a 2 (nearly 3) year old. If everything occurs past his bedtime, we might just skip it.
The party map/guide has not been released yet, but you can see the schedule of events for the first night of the party here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/magic-kingdom/2015-11-08/#timeofday=allday

Add us for Dec 15th! I keep looking for the map and times so I can get a touring plan together. Can't wait. We'll be there for 5 nights and have something planned each night. Trying to fit it all In and finish with Star wars on the18th at amc dine in for lunch before heading home. So excited!

Is there anyone going to the party that would be able to pick up the Christmas sorcerer's of the magic kingdom card for me? Each person that has a party ticket is entitled to 1 'free' (the only cost is you need a christmas party ticket) card that can be picked up at the fire station on main street. I got really into the game on my trip back in august but unfortunately living in Canada and being a poor student won't allow me to collect any of the party cards :(

Is there anyone going to the party that would be able to pick up the Christmas sorcerer's of the magic kingdom card for me? Each person that has a party ticket is entitled to 1 'free' (the only cost is you need a christmas party ticket) card that can be picked up at the fire station on main street. I got really into the game on my trip back in august but unfortunately living in Canada and being a poor student won't allow me to collect any of the party cards :(

I would be soooo happy to do this for you!

Reactions: ky.
Oh, I was thinking about wearing something Christmas related. In the afternoon I was going to go to Hollywood Studios . I've never been to either park so I kind of wanted to see them.

Go for it! Or put your Christmas outfit in a locker while you tour AK, and then change for HS!

Oh, I was thinking about wearing something Christmas related. In the afternoon I was going to go to Hollywood Studios . I've never been to either park so I kind of wanted to see them.

Hollywood Studios has limited decorations besides (obviously) the Osborne Lights. Last year they didn't really have anything, only a couple of wreaths and a large tree outside of the gate. Tried uploading some pictures but I can't get anything to upload :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter