Official May 2009 Thread....The wait is on!!

We are a family of 4, 2 daughters, just celebrated birthdays and my wife and I are taking them for their first time. My 3 year old can't wait, she takes her building blocks and tries to build Cinderella's Castle. We all cannot wait until May..... Does anyone have any "CODES" for May......Everyone please have a Magical Day.

:worship: :dance3: :surfweb:

Going with my wife and 2 daughters who have never been, also the in-laws are also going too. The count down is on.................107 and a wake up

:worship: :yay:

We are a family of 4, 2 daughters, just celebrated birthdays and my wife and I are taking them for their first time. My 3 year old can't wait, she takes her building blocks and tries to build Cinderella's Castle. We all cannot wait until May..... Does anyone have any "CODES" for May......Everyone please have a Magical Day.

:worship: :dance3: :surfweb:

:welcome: No codes, but did you check out the buy 4, get 3 free deal? If you are staying for a week, it's the best deal!

We'll be there on our honeymoon from May 12-21 at AKL, CL!!

I am laughing! My hubby and I, with our four kids, will be staying at AKL May 14 - 24. We will try not to disturb you!! We will be there for our 19th anniversary on May 19th.

We are going in May as well, the first week. The 2nd week will be my wife and I will be celebrating our 4th Anniversary...Will be our daughters first time, a 3 year old and a 1 year old...Cannot wait, a very much needed vacation is needed for our family. Does anyone have a code or know where I can get one for May...:worship: ....Our last vacation was in December and January 2005-2006. We miss Disney World and doing a count down...

Oh my goodness, I just realized there are over 11 of us arriving there on the same day lol.

I'm one of the 11! Just notice our tickers 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days! Looks like a lot of anniversary celebrations as well! Our 25th is on the 12th. I'm hoping we can make Narcoosee's reservations for Wishes (as soon as ADR opens for us).

May is a FANTASTIC time to go to WDW. On our cruise thread they mentioned that the shuttle is scheduled to launch on 5/15. Don't know if we would be able to see it from Orlando.

I'm one of the 11! Just notice our tickers 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days! Looks like a lot of anniversary celebrations as well! Our 25th is on the 12th. I'm hoping we can make Narcoosee's reservations for Wishes (as soon as ADR opens for us).

May is a FANTASTIC time to go to WDW. On our cruise thread they mentioned that the shuttle is scheduled to launch on 5/15. Don't know if we would be able to see it from Orlando.

Oh man, that would be so awesome and DS would definitely like that. That is one of our scheduled days off...I wonder if there is a good place to watch it from.

We were waiting for a bus at Pop one year and saw the shuttle, so yes, we should be able to see it. Thanks for letting us know it's scheduled!

I saw it in 2001 from Universal, so yeah you can see it. :thumbsup2

There are actually two launches in May

(from NASA)

Date: May 12 +
Mission: STS-125
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center Launch Pad 39A
Landing Site: Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility
Description: Space Shuttle Atlantis will fly seven astronauts into space for the fifth and final servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope. During the 11-day flight, the crew will repair and improve the observatory's capabilities.

Date: May 15 +
Mission: STS-127
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver the exposed facility of Japan's Kibo laboratory to the International Space Station.

How cool!:cool1:

We can't wait for May. How well can you see the shuttle from Disney? Is it only a dot. Some told me you can see the vapor traill. DS6 is majorly fascinated with space/space shuttle. We r debating if we really want to attempt to get near KSC. I hear crowds are huge. To buy tix is a risk we leave on the 16

We can't wait for May. How well can you see the shuttle from Disney? Is it only a dot. Some told me you can see the vapor traill. DS6 is majorly fascinated with space/space shuttle. We r debating if we really want to attempt to get near KSC. I hear crowds are huge. To buy tix is a risk we leave on the 16

You can see the trail and a dot attached to it! My fiance and I are complete space junkies - Mercury, Gemini, esp Apollo, Sky Lab and the Shuttle. It's hard to buy tickets for the launch for us because we're coming in on the 15th and they do push back launches. I don't know their policy on refunds either if they do push it back. :confused3

He would probably love KSC itself even without a shuttle launch, but it is a jaunt from WDW.

4 months today I will be in Disney!! Toda my Boss said "Maybe I'll let you go " This is as I am helping her out Big time !! The n she says "What Do you have to say to that I said "Bye" She said kay I 'll let ya !! I knew she was kidding it was funny!!

We'll be coming home 4 months from today. :sad1: I don't even want to think about it!

As far as the space shuttle, it's like seeing an airplane in the sky but with a much bigger trail across the sky. I would suggest packing a small pair of binoculars to see it closer from your resort or park.

There are actually two launches in May

(from NASA)

Date: May 12 +
Mission: STS-125
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center Launch Pad 39A
Landing Site: Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility
Description: Space Shuttle Atlantis will fly seven astronauts into space for the fifth and final servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope. During the 11-day flight, the crew will repair and improve the observatory's capabilities.

Date: May 15 +
Mission: STS-127
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver the exposed facility of Japan's Kibo laboratory to the International Space Station.

How cool!:cool1:

Only one of these launches will take place in May. NASA is keeping their options open because the first one, STS-125 to the Hubble Space Telescope, is dependent on a component being ready in time which it may not be. If it is, 127 will move to June. If not, 125 will slip to later in the year and 127 will be May 15.

Only one of these launches will take place in May. NASA is keeping their options open because the first one, STS-125 to the Hubble Space Telescope, is dependent on a component being ready in time which it may not be. If it is, 127 will move to June. If not, 125 will slip to later in the year and 127 will be May 15.

Another reason for me not to buy a ticket. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter