• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2021 Thread***

Does anyone have a good rope drop plan for MK? It’s the only park I’m struggling with since the hours changed. We do have a 7:30 reservation at the wave but with park opening at 8:00, that’s just going to be too late.

I’m afraid our only option is going to be to try and be early for the bus or miss the true early opening.

We went to MK this morning and got into the park 30 minutes before the park open. Most, but not all, of the rides were already running. We were able to walk on Peter Pan, Buzz, Winnie the Pooh, Ariel and Haunted Mansion, all before 10am. The lines all got really long after that. Seven Dwarfs was already 60 minutes long by 8:50, which was ten minutes before the park officially opened.

Get to all the parks early. The lines get long in the morning.

So is anyone purchasing photopass? I'm trying to decide if I want to. With all the mask rules I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, especially if we wont get ride photos if a stranger in the picture has their mask on wrong. I am considering it just because who knows when we will take a girls trip like this again. Just trying to weigh the cost and see if it's worth it.

I am torn! I did not buy it for my solo trip in November and I was glad I didn't - I hardly saw ANY photopass photographers compared to normal times. But, I know I will want at least a few pics of myself and my daughter even if we have masks on. I am contemplating getting the one day photopass and just taking tons of pics and changing outfits throughout the day.

ADRs feel like a game of chicken right now. Not much movement over the last few days though I KNOW there are people (like me) sitting on an extra ADR juuuuust in case nothing else comes through. Who will "blink" first??? 🤣

I have three Sci-Fi ADRs on the same day just different times. I'm waiting to see how the hours change for my week before I release them. I hate to hold them up from other people but someone will be happy once I release two of them because they will be able to snag one they haven't been able to get LOL

Headed to Coronando Springs March 21-27. Second stay there, first time in Gran Destino Tower.

What colleges/where are you looking to live? I grew up in Florida and went to college in Lakeland :) (but then escaped the heat and humidity)
So far we are looking at Univ. of Central Florida and Univ. of Tampa. I plan to rent somewhere in Kissimmee and then buy a house. We are moving from Pa. What college did you attend in Lakeland? I want to add another one to our list.

We went to MK this morning and got into the park 30 minutes before the park open. Most, but not all, of the rides were already running. We were able to walk on Peter Pan, Buzz, Winnie the Pooh, Ariel and Haunted Mansion, all before 10am. The lines all got really long after that. Seven Dwarfs was already 60 minutes long by 8:50, which was ten minutes before the park officially opened.

Get to all the parks early. The lines get long in the morning.
How was the afternoon? Wait times have looked pretty reasonable. Crowd size? Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your vacation!

I have seen a few posts about this now. Can you tell me more about it? Where do you park, cost, etc... I have never heard of this until just recently.

If it is the self parking lot I am thinkingof, it is across the street from Fantasia Mini Golf. Near the Swan lobby. There is an hourly/day rate on the swan website. It’s used for conventions so you can just drive in.

How was the afternoon? Wait times have looked pretty reasonable. Crowd size? Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your vacation!
Epcot on a Sunday afternoon was very busy. That was the only park we spent anytime in during the afternoon.

We’re leaving Thursday morning and despite already being packed and having all my ADRs I feel like I’m forgetting something!!

I REALLY need this break - I’ve been working insane hours thanks to our LT’s lack of succession planning and this will be the first prolonged break I’ve had since last summer. My stress levels are going to come ALL the way down the second I’m strolling through the YBC lobby on our way to Beaches & Cream :tiptoe:

We’re leaving Thursday morning and despite already being packed and having all my ADRs I feel like I’m forgetting something!!

I REALLY need this break - I’ve been working insane hours thanks to our LT’s lack of succession planning and this will be the first prolonged break I’ve had since last summer. My stress levels are going to come ALL the way down the second I’m strolling through the YBC lobby on our way to Beaches & Cream :tiptoe:

Hopefully if you do forget something it will be readily available to purchase there.Make sure you come back and repost this the trip was when you get home. I wanna hear all about everyone’s trips.

We just bought our first DVC contract at the end of 2020!
Welcome Home ! We bought ours in May of 2019. We did a tour, had some free ice cream and signed on the dotted line......bought 25 more points a few months later and I think we need at lead 375 more.... you know for an even 500-next purchase will be resale though.

Welcome Home ! We bought ours in May of 2019. We did a tour, had some free ice cream and signed on the dotted line......bought 25 more points a few months later and I think we need at lead 375 more.... you know for an even 500-next purchase will be resale though.
Thanks! We bought resale Animal Kingdom Lodge. We got 160 points. Super excited to start using them!

Thanks! We bought resale Animal Kingdom Lodge. We got 160 points. Super excited to start using them!
WE bought at AKV also !! We wanted to get in on the "Blue card" benefits before they upped the buy in requirement. Since we only bought 100+ 25 we have already almost broken even. We got 2018 and 2019 points and used our "welcome HOme" for a stay at sold out Beach Club villas for 2 studios during food and wine in 2019. Next, we stayed at Copper Creek, then the Polynesian, and Boardwalk villas. We also bought 6 Gold Annual Passes. We paid $176/pt but have stayed a total of 25 nights (studios) and if you figure $400/night average for those then that is $10000 and since we usually have Platinum AP at $1200 the $700x6 is a savings of $4200 AND we bought Tables in Wonderland and probably save $300 over the cost of the card. I did not add back in the MFees-but if I did that then my "Disney" math would not look as great.

Our trip in March is the first time we are staying at AKV using our points.

So is anyone purchasing photopass? I'm trying to decide if I want to. With all the mask rules I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, especially if we wont get ride photos if a stranger in the picture has their mask on wrong. I am considering it just because who knows when we will take a girls trip like this again. Just trying to weigh the cost and see if it's worth it.

The photographers are going above and beyond with us right now!
We are getting like 20 photos from each one.

This one was AMAZING and did a whole photoshoot of our girl with her new Droid - look at her LAYING ON THE GROUND to get shots 😍😍😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter