**Official March 2017 Thread**

Hi March friends. Today is our off day from the parks so I just wanted to check in and say hello :wave2:.
We have had a very fun and accomplished trip so far. The crowds have been a lot heavier than I anticipated, but Disney has been great keeping things moving efficiently. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! No rain and mid 70's to low 80's since we got here; and cool, crisp nights. We were at AK last night and saw ROL. It was beautifully done and we got great center seats with the second show FP+ and by getting in line by 8pm for the 8:30pm show. DS8 and DH said they like Fantasmic better though :laughing: (we did HS the night before). We originally had Tusker House ROL dining package booked, but I cancelled that when I was able to get a FP+ the day we left for the trip! F&G festival has the WS hopping at Epcot :laughing:. Friday night was packed, but the various vendor and food/drink carts are really nice and the topiaries are beautiful. We will be back at Epcot on Wednesday to do a little more before we leave for our evening flight home. Our second MK day is tomorrow and we are hoping the crowds will have dropped off a little by then. We are so happy we got to see Wishes for the last time on Thursday and I cried because I got so emotional :laughing:( we aren't staying for Wishes tomorrow night). Can I just say how much we love Pop Century :goodvibes. I'm happy to answer any questions. This is our very needed "off day" and I'll be able to check back in later. :thumbsup2

We were at ROL last night too. Honestly, it was just ok for us. It's worth seeing once but we wouldn't bother to go back again.

As for crowds, we were at MK today and were able to make it through several rides/character meets in the first couples hours but then it's like everything came to a screeching halt. We got on Haunted Mansion twice (one fp+, it's my favorite ride), met Merida, Chip n' Dale, Gaston visited us while we were eating inside the pub (more like harassed me for eating carrots lol) and fp+ on Mine Train. That's when everything seemed to slow down. We got in line for Splash Mtn which was only supposed to be 30 minutes but it started to break down frequently. It turned into 45 min.

Then we went to BOG where we had a 1PM reservation. It was nearly 1:40 by the time we were seated and eating. We had our last fp+ for Pirates at 2:40 so we killed a few minutes at the Tiki Room. However by this point I'd say the park was a 7-8 as far as traffic goes. Most lines were easily 40 minutes plus, the more popular rides were over 2 hours.

We were at ROL last night too. Honestly, it was just ok for us. It's worth seeing once but we wouldn't bother to go back again.

As for crowds, we were at MK today and were able to make it through several rides/character meets in the first couples hours but then it's like everything came to a screeching halt. We got on Haunted Mansion twice (one fp+, it's my favorite ride), met Merida, Chip n' Dale, Gaston visited us while we were eating inside the pub (more like harassed me for eating carrots lol) and fp+ on Mine Train. That's when everything seemed to slow down. We got in line for Splash Mtn which was only supposed to be 30 minutes but it started to break down frequently. It turned into 45 min.

Then we went to BOG where we had a 1PM reservation. It was nearly 1:40 by the time we were seated and eating. We had our last fp+ for Pirates at 2:40 so we killed a few minutes at the Tiki Room. However by this point I'd say the park was a 7-8 as far as traffic goes. Most lines were easily 40 minutes plus, the more popular rides were over 2 hours.

Yes, the crowds have been spring break like and spring break season isn't supposed to begin until this upcoming weekend. I asked a CM at AK what level they felt the crowds were and he also said it's been a good 7-8. I definitely agree with that. Definitely not the 5-6 level indicated on crowd calendar. The walkways in all the parks were congested and the rope drop stampede and race to JTA sign ups at HS on Saturday was both overwhelming and amusing at the same time. Again, I think the beautiful weather and the efficient CM's have made up for the crowds. Also, it helps that this is our family's third Disney trip and we are a bit more relaxed about this all and I know how to use fp+. I felt bad for the families I saw that were taking up so much of their time by having to have a CM explain how fp+ works and setting things up for them on kiosks. We also seemed to walk by a great deal of people waiting standby on rides that could have easily been booked as fourth (and more beyond that) fastpasses for later in the day. We just needed a break from the having five nonstop days and nights and the crowds and are relaxing and napping back at the hotel now. I took DS8 and DD10 to Disney Springs after breakfast to go to the Lego Store, World of Disney, Pin traders store, and Goofy Candy Co. then we all spent some time in the pool after lunch. We will spend tomorrow at MK and Wed will be at Epcot.

Hi March friends. Today is our off day from the parks so I just wanted to check in and say hello :wave2:.
We have had a very fun and accomplished trip so far. The crowds have been a lot heavier than I anticipated, but Disney has been great keeping things moving efficiently. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! No rain and mid 70's to low 80's since we got here; and cool, crisp nights. We were at AK last night and saw ROL. It was beautifully done and we got great center seats with the second show FP+ and by getting in line by 8pm for the 8:30pm show. DS8 and DH said they like Fantasmic better though :laughing: (we did HS the night before). We originally had Tusker House ROL dining package booked, but I cancelled that when I was able to get a FP+ the day we left for the trip! F&G festival has the WS hopping at Epcot :laughing:. Friday night was packed, but the various vendor and food/drink carts are really nice and the topiaries are beautiful. We will be back at Epcot on Wednesday to do a little more before we leave for our evening flight home. Our second MK day is tomorrow and we are hoping the crowds will have dropped off a little by then. We are so happy we got to see Wishes for the last time on Thursday and I cried because I got so emotional :laughing:( we aren't staying for Wishes tomorrow night). Can I just say how much we love Pop Century :goodvibes. I'm happy to answer any questions. This is our very needed "off day" and I'll be able to check back in later. :thumbsup2
Thanks for checking in I'm so happy to hear things are going well. The weather does sound perfect glad you enjoyed ROL. I'm considering dropping our dining package for next Tuesday since we got FP's for next Thursday. Glad you like POP have always read positive reviews. Enjoy the rest of your trip :goodvibes

Less than 5 days!! Looks like it is going to rain a bit throughout our week but hopefully its not all day showers. If it is I'm hoping the crowds aren't so bad! Either way we'll be in the Happiest Place on Earth so who cares what the weather is?! :cloud9:
I know I've been watching the weather too but everyday it changes before it was this weekend, then Sunday and Monday. Now its Monday and Wednesday. I'm sure it will keep changing but if there is rain it won't be all day.

Just finished our first WDW day! We were at AK today and it was great. We quickly came to realize that we need to alott double the time for bus transit than we'd originally expected and that we needed to pack long sleeve layers because it was cool in the morning and evening. But it was a great day! Very crowded at AK today. One big the highlights of our day was the FOTLK, it was wonderful! We also enjoyed the safari very much and EE was high on the list. Dinner at Boma was excellent. Looking forward to MK tomorrow, especially EMM hours.

Just finished our first WDW day! We were at AK today and it was great. We quickly came to realize that we need to alott double the time for bus transit than we'd originally expected and that we needed to pack long sleeve layers because it was cool in the morning and evening. But it was a great day! Very crowded at AK today. One big the highlights of our day was the FOTLK, it was wonderful! We also enjoyed the safari very much and EE was high on the list. Dinner at Boma was excellent. Looking forward to MK tomorrow, especially EMM hours.
Sounds like a great first day. They are filming the View I'm sure that added to the crowds today.
We love FOTLK , Safari and EE you just described our FP's :D
Have fun at MK tomorrow :goodvibes

Eek! To the weather and the wallet. Weather comparable to summer? Humid? I'm sweating already LOL

Still no word on her wallet, but at this point we're just happy she was able to make it through TSA and fly home. As for the heat, I'm not much help! During summer up here I'm usually hiding in the house; my hair didn't frizz as much as usual, though, but with few clouds it was pretty hot? Near 90 degrees on Wednesday. It's cooled down since then, though, so hopefully you'll be okay.

I will be back on the 20th. This trip is with my oldest daughter who couldn't come with the rest of us in December. I am going back in May with my youngest daughter, who can't come in March. My husband was looking a little pouty about us going so often - so the 4 of us are going in December. It's nice to see their petty sides working for me instead of against me.

Headed to Epcot today! Weather is beautiful, back home they got slammed with 8 inches of snow yesterday which was completely unexpected and not in the forecast!

Epcot is my favorite park so I'm fairly excited. I have one goal today and one goal only, not to gain 10 pounds lol.

We got back from our trip last night! We had such an amazing time! I'm a little sad to be home, but thankful to be able to rest because I had us going all day every day lol. Starting to go through pics now. I took 350+ each day so this may take awhile haha.

My Husband ended up getting sick the day before we left and ended up with an upper respiratory infection that needed antibiotics (thank goodness for teladoc and my Brother in Law Having a rented car so he could drive him to the pharmacy!), but other than that and some minor issues everything went great. We met so many characters and almost everyone we really wanted to meet. Rode, saw, and ate almost everything that was on my list! Missed out on Peter Pans Flight (really kicking myself for not getting fast passes for that 60 days out but I'm a rookie and I don't remember it having lines 60+ minutes long in the past), and macarons at Epcot. Of our "hoping to meet" list we only missed out on Tarzan, Peter Pan, and Tinkerbell...but with as many characters as we met I'm fine with that. In my past visits I really didn't meet any characters so I never knew how truly amazing they are. I was so surprised with the quality of improv, accents, and acting skills of the cast members. The magic is so real. My girls are 7 and 9.5 and I worried they would think it was babyish to meet the characters, but they were completely enamored.

My husband was very reluctant to agree to go to Disney and wasn't very excited or involved before we went, but in spite of being sick all week he had a great time and he said he gets it now and maybe we can go back in two years! He's even thinking of ways we can bring his parents and talking about what we should do different next time. Disney converts everyone lol

Hope all you March Disney goers are having fun either in Disney or preparing for it! If you're going now I thought I'd warn you that crowds seemed a little higher than I anticipated in spite of planning during a mostly green crowd week and going to only green crowd parks. And while it was pretty hot at times during the day, the wind was chilly. When the sun went down and or the sun hid for a bit, I found myself wishing for pants and a heavier hoodie. Hope that helps anyone currently wondering what to pack :)

We got back from our trip last night! We had such an amazing time! I'm a little sad to be home, but thankful to be able to rest because I had us going all day every day lol. Starting to go through pics now. I took 350+ each day so this may take awhile haha.

My Husband ended up getting sick the day before we left and ended up with an upper respiratory infection that needed antibiotics (thank goodness for teladoc and my Brother in Law Having a rented car so he could drive him to the pharmacy!), but other than that and some minor issues everything went great. We met so many characters and almost everyone we really wanted to meet. Rode, saw, and ate almost everything that was on my list! Missed out on Peter Pans Flight (really kicking myself for not getting fast passes for that 60 days out but I'm a rookie and I don't remember it having lines 60+ minutes long in the past), and macarons at Epcot. Of our "hoping to meet" list we only missed out on Tarzan, Peter Pan, and Tinkerbell...but with as many characters as we met I'm fine with that. In my past visits I really didn't meet any characters so I never knew how truly amazing they are. I was so surprised with the quality of improv, accents, and acting skills of the cast members. The magic is so real. My girls are 7 and 9.5 and I worried they would think it was babyish to meet the characters, but they were completely enamored.

My husband was very reluctant to agree to go to Disney and wasn't very excited or involved before we went, but in spite of being sick all week he had a great time and he said he gets it now and maybe we can go back in two years! He's even thinking of ways we can bring his parents and talking about what we should do different next time. Disney converts everyone lol

Hope all you March Disney goers are having fun either in Disney or preparing for it! If you're going now I thought I'd warn you that crowds seemed a little higher than I anticipated in spite of planning during a mostly green crowd week and going to only green crowd parks. And while it was pretty hot at times during the day, the wind was chilly. When the sun went down and or the sun hid for a bit, I found myself wishing for pants and a heavier hoodie. Hope that helps anyone currently wondering what to pack :)
Welcome back :goodvibes
Sounds like everyone had a great time. Thanks for letting us know about crowds and weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter