*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

3 days to go! It doesn't feel possible! I got a lot of things laid out last night and will do the bulk of the packing tonight. I still have mixed feelings about SWW, but DH9 chose it for his 10th birthday, which is Sunday. I'd love to skip it and avoid the crowds, but we will likely never have the chance to be here for it again.
We are going to SWW on Sunday as well for our first time! My DS is 9 going on 10 in the next month! I too am weary about the crowds, but it is definitely an experience worth trying! My son is so excited to see Chewie! Good luck!

June 2014-POR; January 2013-POFQ; September 2011- POFQ; and May 2010-ASM

Wow so excited for everyone! My trip starts on 6/26. Received my mickey mail this weekend. (Luggage tags and magical express info). Still haven't got an invite for BOG lunch FP+. I guess we aren't getting one? Can't wait for the magic bands to come! When do they normally come?

Wow so excited for everyone! My trip starts on 6/26. Received my mickey mail this weekend. (Luggage tags and magical express info). Still haven't got an invite for BOG lunch FP+. I guess we aren't getting one? Can't wait for the magic bands to come! When do they normally come?

I got my BOG lunch email when I was 28 days out. Not sure if it is going out to ALL people as it says in the email that it is a "test". :confused3

My MBs arrived yesterday/today, so that was 26/25 days out.

Your MBs will be here before you know it!!!

You are among Disney freaks here. No judgement.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I wear my Minnie ears while folding laundry. DH started it. He took them off the shelf and plopped them on my head. That was a couple of years ago. :laundy: Of course with the size of our family, laundry is an ongoing mission. If my neighbors only knew...:rotfl2:

Spent today tweaking the plans. Moved some FP around. I stared at the maps and then figured out which were best moved so we can be more leisurely.

Meanwhile, it is overwhelming how much is going on when we arrive...SWW, Car Masters at DTD, Sounds of Summer concert (Journey tribute band). I know we can't do it all, but wouldn't it be amazing if we could.

Is everyone tracking the forecasts? We have received a bit of rain here today. I bought the ponchos and all way back...Unsure if we want rain or not during our trip. We have tried out the Perry the Platypus poncho.

One place I looked said low 90's for our trip next week. Accuweather has upper 80s. I'll go with that. Also said a thunderstorm or two every afternoon. In all our trips (including one in June), we've never been rained on. So I expect our luck to hold ;)

I am down to less than a week and a half to go for my first trip to Disney EVER!!!!!! I am so stoked that I was able to find a ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package yesterday. I have been constantly stalking a fantasmic package since I found out about them through the DIS and I was finally able to get one almost one week out. I am also getting excited about surprising the kids. They have no idea this is coming. :cool1::hourglass

Congrats on the F! package! I love when things just WORK haha. How do you plan to reveal the big surprise?!

Congrats on the F! package! I love when things just WORK haha. How do you plan to reveal the big surprise?!
I actually plan on just driving to Disney. The kids think we are going to St Petersburg and have no idea we will be stopping short at Disney until we drive under the arch :cool1:

I actually plan on just driving to Disney. The kids think we are going to St Petersburg and have no idea we will be stopping short at Disney until we drive under the arch :cool1:

That's an awesome way to reveal! Has anyone else done anything cool? I took "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" from Frozen and turned it into an invite for DSis' friend. Do you want to go to Disney? 3 nights and 4 days... We've suggested something like this before, a whole new World galore, this trip your flight's all paid.... Seriously, why are there a hundred 'Let It Go' parodies on youtube but no one's thought of this yet? :confused3

Also, you know you're slipping into your Disney vacation mode when you use the "two finger point" to direct shoppers to the allergy meds aisle at work. :rotfl:

That really is a swell idea! Very low key and casual with easy execution. That's the way to go!

That's an awesome way to reveal! Has anyone else done anything cool? I took "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" from Frozen and turned it into an invite for DSis' friend. Do you want to go to Disney? 3 nights and 4 days... We've suggested something like this before, a whole new World galore, this trip your flight's all paid.... Seriously, why are there a hundred 'Let It Go' parodies on youtube but no one's thought of this yet? :confused3

Also, you know you're slipping into your Disney vacation mode when you use the "two finger point" to direct shoppers to the allergy meds aisle at work. :rotfl:

AHH I love the parody idea! If my kids were a bit older and could read lyrics (or I had a better voice to record it) that would be super cool!

I just wrapped our box of Magic Bands with wrapping paper and am going to have my daughter help her little brother open it as his belated b'day present - he turns 2 next month on the 12th, we're leaving the 14th. We're having lunch with my in-laws and when we get back in the car to "drive home" I'll realize I "forgot" to give him his gift. I'm not 100% sure she'll know what they are, and I know he won't, but I get to yell "you're going back to Disney World!" so I'm pretty excited. :hyper:

We also have each of them a surprise bag that they will get when we pass under the arch with their first set of ears and lots of other Disney goodies in them. My 3 year old has a princess backpack with her name on it and my 10 year old son has a Avengers backpack. Both bags will also serve as their school bags next year so we have taken care of a little back to school shopping already. :thumbsup2

Magic Bands came in yesterday, so we had a celebratory dinner of Mickey Pancakes!!!

Now to just get through awards banquet tonight, end of year exams next week, and graduation. THEN I can fully focus on prepping and packing!!!! All 20 or so more days to go!!!!

image_zpsbbcad91d.jpg

Magic Bands came in yesterday, so we had a celebratory dinner of Mickey Pancakes!!! Now to just get through awards banquet tonight, end of year exams next week, and graduation. THEN I can fully focus on prepping and packing!!!! All 20 or so more days to go!!!!

I can completely relate! We are have 19 days to go, my DS18 graduates this weekend and then I can focus on getting us all packed!

Super excited!

The pancakes came out great!

:dance3:

We're all so close..it's hard to believe we started with more than 6 months. Some of us had our tickers showing more than a year...

We're gonna make it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter