*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

American tale??? Secret of nimh? Thumbelina? Troll in Central Park?

Sorry to take so long replying! (Holiday weekend, and all.) American Tale: Fievel Goes West!! I was kicking up my heels with Tanya in the saloon. Bluth is just as much part of my childhood as Disney. When all my friends were sobbing about Mufasa I was sitting there thinking "Littlefoot ended up okay; Simba will, too!"

We ended up finding and watching two of my old recitals (Lion King and Aladdin) and watched those yesterday which cheered us up immensely.

Our dance school *just* added hip hop classes this year. Last summer, they had "drop in" classes. .... Bring on the non-hip hop ('cause our girls just don't have it...)

You're probably right and he'll get better at teaching over time. It's sad that so many girls dropped out without finishing the class, but if it wasn't for them, well. :confused3

MOpGrad2013, that is an awesome graduation song (Man in Motion/St. Elmo's Fire)! Ours was "This is the Moment" from the musical Jekyll & Hyde. If only I'd failed a couple of years, then it would have been "For Good" from Wicked. My class was the first ones not allowed to toss our caps into the air, so instead the back rows released a wave of bouncy balls toward the front. Glad I was sitting next to our star right fielder since we both saved a few heads from getting bouncy-balled.

So, again... Favorite QS and what do you like about it?

Pinocchio's Village Haus used to be a family staple for lunch before the flatbread pizzas (which my Dad refuses to eat; he's a 'deep dish man'). We would try to get in before crowds so we could sit by the windows and wave to the It's a Small World passengers. I found the other day this is a tradition going back to when Mom and Dad went there and did it B.C. (before children). We'd close out with dinner at Cosmic Ray's to watch the cartoons on the screen before the alien musician guy took over. Now we tend to still eat there out of habit.

A new tradition is I insist on stopping in France for the assortment of desserts they serve way in the back corner at the place I cannot for the life of me remember right now, and my sister loves the QS sushi from Japan.

Is it possible for all 3 of us to go to different places and then carry our foods to a certain place? Like a mall food court type thing? If you have done this, know someone that did, or seen it done, let me know!

There's no real 'food court' back in the World Showcase like in the Land Pavilion, but my family has attempted to do what you're asking about. DSis bought some sushi in Japan then we trekked over to Yorkshire County Fish Shop to meet Mom & Dad for our fish lunches. Granted, by the time we got there (about 10 minutes, maybe?) her sushi had gone bad, so we'd probably try to do it in reverse if we attempted again.

This time, the three of us going are going to try to focus on France (desserts/sandwiches), Japan (DSis' sushi) and America (food picky me knows I can eat) while listening to the Summer Concert Series going on at the American Pavilion. (Journey tribute :hyper:) If I remember, there's a couple benches, or at least wall and maybe an outside cafe-type table around there we hope to use to just listen to the show. I wish you luck if you do decide to do this! Just try to make sure they are pavilions which are close to one another or think ahead about which foods will travel the best to your meet up destination.

Random question....

I am looking at options for our QS lunch meal. While looking at Epcot options, I am thinking the 3 of us may want different things from different countries. Is it possible for all 3 of us to go to different places and then carry our foods to a certain place? Like a mall food court type thing? I realized that except for Sunshine Seasons, I didnt remember seeing this occur and never saw someone carrying a sacked lunch through the park. Looking for some advice. If you have done this, know someone that did, or seen it done, let me know!

Thanks a million!

We do this all the time. I love Japanese food and also like to eat at Morocco whereas DD prefers something from Norway or Sunshine Seasons. We usually make a stop at Norway, get her CS to go and then take it to Japan where I order and we eat together. Ditto with Morocco, where I take my food to go and we head to Sunshine Seasons, order her meal and again, we just set it down in the seating area and eat together there.

Not sure if anyone is interested in a meet up, but these are our ADRs for the trip. I'm still shocked I got everything I wanted after booking the whole trip less than a month in advance. June 15 - Chef Mickey's 10:45 am June 16 - 'Ohana 9 am June 17 - Crystal Palace 2:20 pm June 18 - CRT 8:35pm We'll be at MK the 15, 17, & 18. The 16 we'll be at Epcot after our breakfast and end the night at HS that night. So excited!

We'll be in MK the night of the 15th and doing Epcot & DHS on the 16th as well!

Disney time is getting so close! 4 days to go!! Can't wait!

June 2014-POR; January 2013-POFQ; September 2011- POFQ; and May 2010-ASM

Well I am a little late to the party, but I still made it! My DH and I are taking a 10 year anniversary trip in 12 days :cool1:

With a wedding this weekend for my sister, and my DD 7th birthday before we leave, I feel a little like the trip isn't truly happening.. therefore.. I'm starting to panic that I am forgetting things...

Help me out here.. what paper work, apps, packing items do I must have. We've gone to Disney three years ago so we are complete newbies :) But an adult only trip is SO different and SO exciting!

Thanks

Oooh, nice, an anniversary trip! Where are you staying?

Our big Memorial Day cookout is done, so now we have nothing to distract us except checking off the countdown calendar very night and getting things together to start packing. Exciting stuff!

Well I am a little late to the party, but I still made it! My DH and I are taking a 10 year anniversary trip in 12 days :cool1:

With a wedding this weekend for my sister, and my DD 7th birthday before we leave, I feel a little like the trip isn't truly happening.. therefore.. I'm starting to panic that I am forgetting things...

Help me out here.. what paper work, apps, packing items do I must have. We've gone to Disney three years ago so we are complete newbies :) But an adult only trip is SO different and SO exciting!

Thanks

Definitely get online and do mydisneyexperience.com. That's house you book reservations for table service restaurants and make fast pass selections.

Sending pixie dust you get them in time. I've read that 7 day also. There is also supposed to be a way to just give them your check bag ticket and they will collect for you, if you dont have the MEx tags.

I think if we don't get them, we'll pick up any non-tagged luggage ourselves. I trust them to get the yellow tagged pieces, but I would worry too much about anything not tagged. Hopefully we'll just have them on Monday. Love having Disney carry our stuff.

jretzlaff22 said:

Thanks

I think an adults only trip would be so much fun! Hope you guys have a blast!

My countdown says 43 hours and some odd minutes until we board the plane for Orlando. Can't wait :cool1: Suitcases are almost packed (and there is actually some room in them!), nails are getting done tomorrow. I'm ready for the sun and warmth! Look out Orlando, here we come!!!!:banana::banana:

Went to Dairy Queen (DQ) and got pineapple smoothie. I know it's not same as Dole Whip but I wanted to celebrate the debut at Animal Kingdom.

2 more Fridays and then we'll be on the road. Vacuumed all the storage compartments in the van...small things make the time go by.

Got our Mickey Mail, MagicBands, and Memory Maker card in the mail today, followed by a call saying our Military Salute tickets came in! Made our FP+ selections and then hid everything from the kids, can't wait to surprise them! pixiedust: 18 days to go!

Got our Mickey Mail, MagicBands, and Memory Maker card in the mail today, followed by a call saying our Military Salute tickets came in! Made our FP+ selections and then hid everything from the kids, can't wait to surprise them! pixiedust: 18 days to go!

Not all ITR are the same. Since we are in the Campbell vicinity, they keep so much onsite. LeonardWood did too, but Polk and Lewis..it was hit or miss. So glad you got them!!

Our dates overlap, but we won't be in the same parks else I'd say "Let's Get Together yeah yeah yeah" (Parent Trap)

:banana:

My countdown says 43 hours and some odd minutes until we board the plane for Orlando. Can't wait :cool1: Suitcases are almost packed (and there is actually some room in them!), nails are getting done tomorrow. I'm ready for the sun and warmth! Look out Orlando, here we come!!!!:banana::banana:

For some reason, I read this as 43 MINUTES and was wondering why in the world you weren't done packing yet! :lmao:

It must be MagicBand Day because ours arrived, too!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

MagicBands, my DisneyRewardsDollars card AND the 2014 Planning DVD I ordered so DSis' Friend can watch it, not that we haven't told her 999 things already. There's always room for one more tip :rotfl:

Not all ITR are the same. Since we are in the Campbell vicinity, they keep so much onsite. LeonardWood did too, but Polk and Lewis..it was hit or miss. So glad you got them!!

Our dates overlap, but we won't be in the same parks else I'd say "Let's Get Together yeah yeah yeah" (Parent Trap)

:banana:

They had them this time last year when I bought them for our 2013 trip, but when I went in last week to get them they said they'd need to be ordered and would be here in 1-3 weeks. Our trip was 3 weeks and a day from then so I was nervous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter