Official JUNE 2008

We have 76 more days!!!!!! We are getting more and more excited, because it's getting warmer and the snow is starting to melt. Another excitement, our park hopping passes came 3 days ago. Bring on June!!!!!!!

Go Michigan State baskeball :cool1:

Woo hoo! So glad I found you guys! I feel like I'm driving my family nuts by talking about WDW all the time! We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we're first timers (as a family) and I'm thrilled! We have 3 kids, ages 6, 5, and 1; ad 5 adults. The grandparents and au pair are coming too. All the breakfast and dinner reservations are made so I need something else to obsess about!

I thought I'd let you know that I cancelled my daughter;s Princess tea party reservation at the Grand Floridian for Wed June 4. If you;re interested you'll want to call NOW to get in! Good luck!

Woo hoo! So glad I found you guys! I feel like I'm driving my family nuts by talking about WDW all the time! We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we're first timers (as a family) and I'm thrilled! We have 3 kids, ages 6, 5, and 1; ad 5 adults. The grandparents and au pair are coming too. All the breakfast and dinner reservations are made so I need something else to obsess about!

:cheer2: :welcome: :cheer2:

Congratulations and welcome :wave2: to the boards! There are many of us June DISers out there. Are you doing a Grand Gathering at WDW? Our trip is a Grand Gathering but we aren't planning on doing the special activities.

Checking my ticker and saying Heeeeey to all the Juners! Getting closer and CLOSER!

BTW Found some great luggage tags at Walmart with Tink and pooh and pals. Also Micheals has some great Disney crafts for the kiddos to make to stave off pre trip mania!

Yeah for June and the Wilderness Lodge!!!:cool1:

You're in good company here with the rest of the June family! I'm so bad, I still have yet to make my ADR'S!! Ok June'rs, tell me where you're planning your ADR's for to help me make up my mind!

I know I want the Spirit of Aloha, a brunch at O'hana (we do the breakfast at 11 and that makes it a brunch for us) and either Le Cellier or the Yachtsman. Other than that I'm up for suggestions.

My mom passed away in January so we really want to make this trip special for our DS who is 11. Nothing will replace Nana, but I'm hoping the Disney magic will help.

Appreciate all and any suggestions!

-kristy

Yeah for June and the Wilderness Lodge!!!:cool1:

You're in good company here with the rest of the June family! I'm so bad, I still have yet to make my ADR'S!! Ok June'rs, tell me where you're planning your ADR's for to help me make up my mind!

I know I want the Spirit of Aloha, a brunch at O'hana (we do the breakfast at 11 and that makes it a brunch for us) and either Le Cellier or the Yachtsman. Other than that I'm up for suggestions.

My mom passed away in January so we really want to make this trip special for our DS who is 11. Nothing will replace Nana, but I'm hoping the Disney magic will help.

Appreciate all and any suggestions!

-kristy

We completed our ressies months ago. This is our fifth trip :dance3: and I finally got Le Cellier after 4 tries. You need to decide now and start making your ressies. The longer you wait the less chances you will have of getting them. You'll have to be flexible when making the ressies. Good Luck!
Here are ours:
06/15 - Coral Reef 5:20
06/16 - Le Cellier 4:10 - can't believe I finally got a ressie
06/17 - Cap N Jacks 5:50
06/18 - Liberty Tree 6:25
06/19 - Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Pam

We will be in the Poly from May 28-June 5. I can hardly wait! And I just know when June 5 comes I will be depressed to be returning back home. If only I could live there.....lol

We will be in the Poly from May 28-June 5. I can hardly wait! And I just know when June 5 comes I will be depressed to be returning back home. If only I could live there.....lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The return trip home is sad. :sad1: But what's even better is that once you get home, you can start planning for your next trip! :cool1: I told my DH that I could seriously go to WDW every year for the rest of my life! ;)

Add us to the June '08 trips!!!

It's 68 days until we're back in Da Bayou at POR! :banana:

The return trip home is sad. :sad1: But what's even better is that once you get home, you can start planning for your next trip! :cool1: I told my DH that I could seriously go to WDW every year for the rest of my life! ;)

That's why DH & I are buying a small resale contract for OKW :idea: We go at least twice a year, usually winter and fall trying to get away from the cold weather. Had thought about buying before but this year with savings and tax refunds decided now. Go to closing next month :scared:

That's why DH & I are buying a small resale contract for OKW :idea: We go at least twice a year, usually winter and fall trying to get away from the cold weather. Had thought about buying before but this year with savings and tax refunds decided now. Go to closing next month :scared:

Wow! Congratulations! :woohoo: How did you find out about the resale? Was it through DVC? How expensive is something like that? I had looked into the DVC a few years back, but the kids were just too small at that time and I knew that we weren't ready for that many trips as of yet. But now, I would love to go at least 1-2 times a year.;)

Wow! Congratulations! :woohoo: How did you find out about the resale? Was it through DVC? How expensive is something like that? I had looked into the DVC a few years back, but the kids were just too small at that time and I knew that we weren't ready for that many trips as of yet. But now, I would love to go at least 1-2 times a year.;)

We signed up at all the resale places and got email alerts. 1 resale I am buying I found on the waiting for ROFR thread on the DVC boards. The buyer had to cancel the contract and I sent him a PM and he gave me the info. I'm sending you a PM.

Now on the good side, I finally was able to order my maps last night :woohoo:. I :love: those maps, I'll have to wait until the end of September to order the ones for our Dec. trip. I was surprised when we first got them that there was 2 per sheet but they are worth it.

For everyone concerned about the heat and crowds in June.... we can only go in June or July since dh is an athletic director/head football coach and has limited time off....

Yes, it's hot and you will get sweaty - no way around that! Drink lots of water! We bring in a water jug (the jug comes out of an insulated cover) that I've frozen (half full) to keep the water cold. We refill it during the day as needed. When it's so hot, I want everyone drinking water instead of sugary drinks, although my dd 5 is saving her quarters for her "$3 Sprite"..... We take mister fans from Walmart - each kid gets their own so there isn't any quarrelling over whose turn it is. I also bring in cut up oranges or watermelon for morning snacks - quenches thirst and they're healthy. Before I started doing this, we spent a small fortune on fresh fruit bowls at the food carts! Still do, just not quite as much!

Crowds will be big, but that's all we know since we've only gone to WDW in June/July and DL over Christmas. I plan our day ride-by-ride and our wait times every time have been VERY minimal (15 minutes is about our max.). We try to eat after the lunch rush is over or before it starts (although we're usually busy riding rides to do this too often so a later lunch is the norm for us). Just be patient when walking through the crowds!!!

We're so excited and all my girls have been talking about is meeting Captain Jack Sparrow (he's first on my dd's list, and I've been trying to warn her that we may not actually get to MEET him since there are no P&P parties while we're there, only the pirate tutorials where I've read he doesn't actually do a meet n' greet - does anyone know if he does???)

This is sooooooo true! My dh is telling me that one day the kids will be too old and won't be as excited about WDW, we'll have to go other places, etc... um, NO! They will ALWAYS LOVE WDW just like we do, won't have a choice!

For everyone concerned about the heat and crowds in June.... we can only go in June or July since dh is an athletic director/head football coach and has limited time off....

Yes, it's hot and you will get sweaty - no way around that! Drink lots of water! We bring in a water jug (the jug comes out of an insulated cover) that I've frozen (half full) to keep the water cold. We refill it during the day as needed. When it's so hot, I want everyone drinking water instead of sugary drinks, although my dd 5 is saving her quarters for her "$3 Sprite"..... We take mister fans from Walmart - each kid gets their own so there isn't any quarrelling over whose turn it is. I also bring in cut up oranges or watermelon for morning snacks - quenches thirst and they're healthy. Before I started doing this, we spent a small fortune on fresh fruit bowls at the food carts! Still do, just not quite as much!

Crowds will be big, but that's all we know since we've only gone to WDW in June/July and DL over Christmas. I plan our day ride-by-ride and our wait times every time have been VERY minimal (15 minutes is about our max.). We try to eat after the lunch rush is over or before it starts (although we're usually busy riding rides to do this too often so a later lunch is the norm for us). Just be patient when walking through the crowds!!!

We're so excited and all my girls have been talking about is meeting Captain Jack Sparrow (he's first on my dd's list, and I've been trying to warn her that we may not actually get to MEET him since there are no P&P parties while we're there, only the pirate tutorials where I've read he doesn't actually do a meet n' greet - does anyone know if he does???)

I would love to know the same thing!!!! My DD9 and myself would love to meet Captain Jack Sparrow!!!pirate: POC is one of my all-time favorite rides! We are going in June too! Where are you guys staying? We will be at ASM June 15-20. Let me know if you find anything out about Captain Jack!!!

We are leaving June 16th, spending 2 weeks visiting WDW, Sea World and Universal! This is our longest trip to Orlando, and it can't come fast enough. We just entered the 70's in the countdown! (I am dreading/worried about the heat...this is also our first trip in the summer. We've always gone in the cool 'off-season': Jan, Feb, May, Nov. I hope we can survive it! ;) )

I've told my family prepare for the usual August weather here for our trip in June. Figured we'll have the 3 H's, hazy, hot and humid chance of afternoon showers. Told my boss my trip is to prepare for the summer months here :lmao:, not sure he bought it, but he did sign my leave papers :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter