• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Hmmm...thinking about rain gear? I don't want to carry my jacket around. Maybe I'll just get one of those cheap rain poncho's and put it in my fanny pack. I don't even like to wear that. Hmmm....got to think about this one.
Our jackets fold up into their own pockets and the kids carry string bags, my husband carries his back pack and I have my messenger bag. I guess I always carry a bag so I don't think anything of it. The walmart and walgreens poncho's are fine but they don't really breathe and I find them uncomfortable in the summer, they are fine in the fall I think.

You have some of my favorites there! Sci Fi is our favorite for lunch at DHS, while it isn't the worlds best burger it is so nice to sit in the cool and dark after being in the hot summer sun all morning. The kids love it.

You are right it's not the best food on property but its not the worst either. We like it! DS likes the hot wings and the cherry cokes and DD likes all the kid meals because of the ice cream! It is really good for a cool down and chill out for a little bit!

Agree sometimes the best way of dealing with heat and crowds is to plan sit down meals. I am always in a better mood if know I will be sitting down to eat
Yes! As much as I like Columbia Harbor House it just doesn't do it for me in the heat of the summer.

Agree sometimes the best way of dealing with heat and crowds is to plan sit down meals. I am always in a better mood if know I will be sitting down to eat

That's why we have so many lunches booked! We tried to do non-buffet options so that we aren't spending a ton of $$ but have a definite place to sit down and cool off! That way if DD6 and I split a meal it is fine - and doesn't end up costing that much more than if we did QS and battled for seats! LOL!

I didn't book BOG for a lunch but it would be nice to duck in there to cool down at "half-time". I'm just going to take my time, and not stress over rushing around. Since we are staying offsite, we won't be able to book FP+ till 30 days out, so not sure what we will get. I'm sure I may have to change my ADR's around, unless I'm lucky and everything works out. When we went in 2015, we didn't give ourselves enough time to travel to our dinner's and get to a park for our FP's. So...we ended up rushing through dinners, and this is where I really like to take my time. So we eliminated most of the resort dinners unless they are on the monorail line. This is a shorter than usual trip, seven days instead of 10 and 5 days in the parks, so I'm hoping we end up with a leisurely schedule. We don't do rope drop , which is what most people suggest, so we will be in the parks in the hottest part of the day. I'm mentally preparing for it, and hope it isn't a deal breaker for upcoming summer trips. My family have to go in the summer because of school, so 2018 is looking like another summer trip. I know, no matter what, I'll have fun...who wouldn't at Disney!

Adding to this thread...we are at 99 days til WL with DBF, DD13, and DD18. Headed down June 29-July 6. CANNOT WAIT!! Although I am not a fan of heat and humidity, it is the ONLY week that worked for us all year with school and a college freshman starting August 24. We haven't been since November 2011. Looking forward to the Princess area and BOG. All reservations are made BUT ROL. I have tentatively scheduled for June 30, but we have other plans that night. Waiting and stalking for July to open for ROL....what is taking so long.....
6/29- arrive at WL. Dinner at Whispering canyon
6/30- MK with BOG for breakfast. DD's to Crystal Palace for dinner- their first adventure alone at WDW. DBF and I to LeCellier for dinner. Respective parks that night. Tenative ROL will change things if nothing opens in July for ROL.
7/1- EPCOT. Dinner at Teppan Edo
7/2- DHS. Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe
7/3- AK. Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table]
7/4- Typhoon Lagoon. Dinner at O'Hana's
7/5- AK & MK. Dinner at BOG
7/6- afternoon flight. No AM plans yet.

Adding to this thread...we are at 99 days til WL with DBF, DD13, and DD18. Headed down June 29-July 6. CANNOT WAIT!! Although I am not a fan of heat and humidity, it is the ONLY week that worked for us all year with school and a college freshman starting August 24. We haven't been since November 2011. Looking forward to the Princess area and BOG. All reservations are made BUT ROL. I have tentatively scheduled for June 30, but we have other plans that night. Waiting and stalking for July to open for ROL....what is taking so long.....
6/30- MK with BOG for breakfast. DD's to Crystal Palace for dinner- their first adventure alone at WDW. DBF and I to LeCellier for dinner. Respective parks that night. Tenative ROL will change things if nothing opens in July for ROL.
We are at 100 days until BLT and BWV! June 30 - July 6 for us and yup it is the only week we could go with all of the kids sports and activities and my husband has a major system upgrade going in at work so most of the summer he can't take time off.
Our park schedule:
6/30 arrive BLT PM after day at Kennedy Space Center, we'll make a last minute ADR when we know the timing of our arrival or eat at Contempo Cafe
7/1 MK - BOG lunch, Skipper's Canteen Dinner
7/2 Brunch at The Wave, check out of BLT, MK for anything we missed, check in BWV, AK for the afternoon - hopefully ROL dinner package at Tiffins
7/3 Epcot RD
7/4 Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon (letting kids pick, I don't care!), dinner at Spice Road Table (likely to change, maybe there will be a fireworks dessert party at DHS???)
7/5 sleep in, pool day DHS at night
7/6 check out, head to Epcot until lunch, swim at BWV and catch ME for our flight home at 8pm

We are staying offsite, so excitedly waiting for the 30 day window for FP+! Can't wait to see what the Pandora system is going to be like. I'm sure we will have to go back more than one day to get all three things in, just hoping we can get it. I think it's going to be crazy hard to get at 30 days out.

We are staying offsite, so excitedly waiting for the 30 day window for FP+! Can't wait to see what the Pandora system is going to be like. I'm sure we will have to go back more than one day to get all three things in, just hoping we can get it. I think it's going to be crazy hard to get at 30 days out.
We'll see after it opens but it will likely be difficult like Frozen Ever After was last summer.

:welcome: Dates added!

Our dates are almost the same. We arrive the 30th and have a ROL dinner booked with the hope of switching it to a breakfast once the bookings for July open up

Just excited - got great airfare and are visiting friends in Orlando at the end of April - and are getting one night at BWI! Woohoo! Flower & Garden and one more viewing of Wishes for us! So happy! that will make waiting until the end of June that much easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter