***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

I see the great AK dilemma discussion has begun! We have a problem right out of the gate because we are staying at SOG (on property, but must book at 30 day mark). Most likely we will not get a FP for either Pandora attraction, and we will need to RD, and ride standby. If this is the case, we would do standby for the Flight ride first, but I read over on the Pandora thread that Flight has a larger capacity than the River ride. Apparently River supposedly has low capacity boats similar to FEA. That said, the general consensus for those using FP+, was to get a FP for River, and do standby for Flight with the thought that the standby line will move faster, due to high capacity. Whew....this is complicated! At this point I'm thinking of doing one full day at AK, and adding another morning so we can do standby for whatever ride we couldn't do on the first day. I guess it's all about strategy at this point.
To think when we were at AK last July, the place was deserted on that particular Sunday. We arrived at noon, and everything was a walk on. What a difference one summer can make!

I see the great AK dilemma discussion has begun! We have a problem right out of the gate because we are staying at SOG (on property, but must book at 30 day mark). Most likely we will not get a FP for either Pandora attraction, and we will need to RD, and ride standby. If this is the case, we would do standby for the Flight ride first, but I read over on the Pandora thread that Flight has a larger capacity than the River ride. Apparently River supposedly has low capacity boats similar to FEA. That said, the general consensus for those using FP+, was to get a FP for River, and do standby for Flight with the thought that the standby line will move faster, due to high capacity. Whew....this is complicated! At this point I'm thinking of doing one full day at AK, and adding another morning so we can do standby for whatever ride we couldn't do on the first day. I guess it's all about strategy at this point.
To think when we were at AK last July, the place was deserted on that particular Sunday. We arrived at noon, and everything was a walk on. What a difference one summer can make!
silly question - where is the Pandora thread?

"The great AK dilemma discussion"

We are making history here people! Future Disney enthusiasts will study what we've written for years to come! Lol!

Is anyone planning to eat in the Pandora restaurants? I am trying to imagine what crowds will be like...can't even fathom...

We are making history here people! Future Disney enthusiasts will study what we've written for years to come! Lol!

Is anyone planning to eat in the Pandora restaurants? I am trying to imagine what crowds will be like...can't even fathom...

I'm going to try the new counter service....can't pronounce it, or even write it. :teeth: Starts with an S I think. :rotfl:

Yes, I would love to try out the new restaurants with the strange names. As far as the crowds Pandora is the biggest thing Disney has accomplished in some time, a whole new land, with two new attractions; a mass of humanity will descend upon AK.

All Star Movies July 9-15 DH, Me, DS, DDIL, DD, DD'sBF, and DD. We were originally booked at POR, but couldn't get a discount so switched to All Star Movies. It's already Double Digits!!! :yay:

Hello everyone! We have a July trip planned!! DH, me, DS (24), DD (21) + fiance (21), and DS (19) are heading down July 9th-14th. My DD is in Air Force ROTC and will graduate UW-Madison in 2018, get married, get commissioned a 2nd Lt., and then get sent to her first assignment so I figured this is our last family vacation for a few years. My DS (19) is a midshipman at the United States Naval Academy and his summer leave is in July...so July it is for WDW...hopefully his leave doesn't get changed!

Right now, we have ADR's for HDDR, BOG (lunch), TH (pre-RD breakfast on our AK day), Biergarten, and Ohana (dinner). We're staying at POFQ (never stayed on a Disney property before) and using the DDP. We've been to Disney twice before but it was many, many years ago (8 years and 10 years)--so it feels like I'm starting planning from scratch! So excited to be on this journey with you!!

Last edited:
All Star Movies July 9-15 DH, Me, DS, DDIL, DD, DD'sBF, and DD. We were originally booked at POR, but couldn't get a discount so switched to All Star Movies. It's already Double Digits!!! :yay:

Hello everyone! We have a July trip planned!! DH, me, DS (24), DD (21) + fiance (21), and DS (19) are heading down July 9th-14th. My DD is in Air Force ROTC and will graduate UW-Madison in 2018, get married, get commissioned a 2nd Lt., and then get sent to her first assignment so I figured this is our last family vacation for a few years. My DS (19) is a midshipman at the United States Naval Academy and his summer leave is in July...so July it is for WDW...hopefully his leave doesn't get changed!

Right now, we have ADR's for HDDR, BOG (lunch), TH (pre-RD breakfast on our AK day), Biergarten, and Ohana (dinner). We're staying at POFQ (never stayed on a Disney property before) and using the DDP. We've been to Disney twice before but it was many, many years ago (8 years and 10 years)--so it feels like I'm starting planning from scratch! So excited to be on this journey with you!!

:welcome: Dates added!

NO. I hear July is not going active due to high crowds. They can't afford to lose the seating at TH. booooooooooo

I don't know about this. I just think they haven't loaded what will be available until they figure 2 or 3 shows etc.
IF this is the case, I will be watching for a dessert party because they'll have to fill the dining seating at ROL with something $...

I don't know about this. I just think they haven't loaded what will be available until they figure 2 or 3 shows etc.
IF this is the case, I will be watching for a dessert party because they'll have to fill the dining seating at ROL with something $...
I was just thinking we would go to the second show or use a FP. That worked well with Fantasmic even though I know the seating is different, still thinking 10:30PM won't be too terrible. anything is possible

We used a fastpass for Rivers of Light in March. The seating was fine. We arrived 40 minutes before show time and had to take seats toward the back. But since the show doesn't really have a front, back, or good side, those seats were fine. You can also see the show from outside the stadium by standing along the perimeter wall or on the bridge.

We used a fastpass for Rivers of Light in March. The seating was fine. We arrived 40 minutes before show time and had to take seats toward the back. But since the show doesn't really have a front, back, or good side, those seats were fine. You can also see the show from outside the stadium by standing along the perimeter wall or on the bridge.
That's good to know. We're definitely going to try to fp it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter