*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

We're booked at BWV January 29 - February 4. Looking to add a night at Pop or AoA on the 28th. Southwest is scheduled to release its flight schedule for our dates on July 7. Any chance Disney will release 2017 rates and open online booking before July 7?

Last year they released packages in Mid-June.
We are going 7-14 Jan, out 180 ADR date is 11 July, so I am really hoping for before 1 July.

Hello!
We will be going 7-14 Jan and staying at POP! We went this 9-17 Jan and stayed at POP, too.
Last 2 trips have been in January and we LOVE it there then! This trip is going to be a bit different than the others. The last 2 trips we have taken were Me, DH and DD. This next trip DH gave the OK for it to be just a girl-only trip! I really wanted to take her one more time before she came a Disney Adult (she will turn 10 in Feb). It is also going to be a surprise trip for DD, I plan on giving her her MagicBand for her big Christmas gift.

I run a group on FB for Jan 2017 trippers, it is call "WDW Jan 2017" (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1708131972736011/)
Feel free to join us!

Last edited:

If it's not okay to post this in this thread, please tell me. I just saw that the NFL Pro-Bowl is coming to Orlando January 2017. The Pro-Bowl itself looks like it will be 1/29. MK is hosting a parade for the Pro-Bowl, but I don't know when. We will be at WDW just before the Pro-Bowl. Do you think crowds will be increased because of Pro-Bowl events?

Glad I'm leaving on the 28th!! :car:

That's interesting though! I guess that means the pro bowl isn't going to be in Hawaii any longer??

I don't think it'll affect Disney crowds though. We were there one year right after the Superbowl -- first one Aaron Rodgers won as a matter of fact -- and he was in the MK parade that Monday. Big crowds in that park for that day but mainly just to see him. Didn't affect the other parks. We went to Epcot and weren't affected! You might notice increased road traffic near the ESPN complex (and the nearby resorts -- AOA / Pop / All Stars / CSR / CBR).

If it's not okay to post this in this thread, please tell me. I just saw that the NFL Pro-Bowl is coming to Orlando January 2017. The Pro-Bowl itself looks like it will be 1/29. MK is hosting a parade for the Pro-Bowl, but I don't know when. We will be at WDW just before the Pro-Bowl. Do you think crowds will be increased because of Pro-Bowl events?

I'm wondering the same thing. We have a trip planned for 1/25-2/3. We can shift our dates a little bit, but in any case, we'll be there over the weekend of the 29th. I kind of assume that any parties or events would occur before the 29th and the parade might happen at MK on the 30th. We go in january to avoid huge crowds, hopeful that won't backfire this year!

drdrowsy, I agree with this: We go in january to avoid huge crowds, hopeful that won't backfire this year!

My husband would LOVE to see all the pro players, but I really enjoyed the lower crowd levels at that time last year. We leave on the 28th, so if you're right about the parade, perhaps my family will miss the bulk of the festivities. Funny thing is, I was the only one who wanted to watch the parades last year, but if we are in the park during THIS parade, my husband would be all over that one!

Glad I'm leaving on the 28th!! :car:

That's interesting though! I guess that means the pro bowl isn't going to be in Hawaii any longer??

I don't think it'll affect Disney crowds though. We were there one year right after the Superbowl -- first one Aaron Rodgers won as a matter of fact -- and he was in the MK parade that Monday. Big crowds in that park for that day but mainly just to see him. Didn't affect the other parks. We went to Epcot and weren't affected! You might notice increased road traffic near the ESPN complex (and the nearby resorts -- AOA / Pop / All Stars / CSR / CBR).

I don't know about any longer, but apparently the next one will be in Orlando. There's a thread just about this somewhere on this forum, and some people are speculating this move is an effort to save the game.

Anyway, so glad no one thinks the crowd levels will be that different. We will be at AKL, so hopefully things will still feel pretty calm.

We return home on the 28th, too! Yay! My hope is drdrowsy is right, and the parade doesn't happen until we leave. Then we won't really have to worry about which days to visit which parks beyond figuring out what park hours we like best.

Decided to move the dates of our trip! With no way of knowing how the Pro Bowl may or may not affect crowds, we decided to move our trip forward to January 27th - February 4th.

Works out really well after all! We'll be leaving home the day after our daughter's birthday so we'll keep the trip a surprise! :)

Hi all! Just DD & I are headed to BCV Jan 1-5 & spending our last night at SSR Jan 5-6.

Decided to keep our dates the same after all!

TA emailed and for some reason, can't move our CSR reservation to the week we wanted. Decided not to mess with fate! lol

Besides, we can squeeze this trip in with this year's APs instead of having to renew them in order to make the trip.

So bring on January 20-28th!

Decided to keep our dates the same after all!

TA emailed and for some reason, can't move our CSR reservation to the week we wanted. Decided not to mess with fate! lol

Besides, we can squeeze this trip in with this year's APs instead of having to renew them in order to make the trip.

So bring on January 20-28th!

I'll shout hello when we arrive on the 21st. :)

2017 Package release date announced...21 June!!!
2 weeks!

Do you know if 2017 Dining Plan info will be released then, too? We used the DP last time and came out ahead, so we were planning on doing it again this time. Now it seems there are some changes that may or may not take place, so I haven't bought it yet. Just to clarify, ADRs can be booked 180 days out even w/o the DP as long as one is staying on property, right?

My plan (that I'm about 90% sure of at this point) is to head down January 27-29 for my first solo trip! I'll probably stay at either POP or POFQ. I'm still waiting to see what kinds of things they're planning for the Pro Bowl before I make a final decision.

Do you know if 2017 Dining Plan info will be released then, too? We used the DP last time and came out ahead, so we were planning on doing it again this time. Now it seems there are some changes that may or may not take place, so I haven't bought it yet. Just to clarify, ADRs can be booked 180 days out even w/o the DP as long as one is staying on property, right?

I imagine the Dining plan info will come out at the same time, would make sense.
I believe 180 days is with the plan or not, since not everyone uses it.
Hopefully a TA or someone a little more knowledgeable than me will let us know! =)

I imagine the Dining plan info will come out at the same time, would make sense.
I believe 180 days is with the plan or not, since not everyone uses it.
Hopefully a TA or someone a little more knowledgeable than me will let us know! =)

Thanks, Fran!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter