Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Definitely Uber, but directly to Contemporary. Since taxis, Uber , etc arent allowed to the front gate of MK, so theyd take you to the TTC instead.. In my experience, Uber are usually less than 5 minutes away anytime ive requted one, so leaving your resort around 7 or a little after will get you there on time. If you're new to uber, feel free to use my code for a free ride (40gk1ue).
thank you! i thought uber was the best option. glad to get a confirmation!

How much time should I budget from Poly to Sanaa? I'll be at Poly for a short break after RDing at MK that morning. Lunch ADR at Sanaa is 2:15 so is it best to plan leaving Poly by 1 or 1:15?

TIA! :)

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but surprised I couldn't find it asked - when park hopping do you pay per park parking fee or per day? If we drive our own car and park hop, $20 to park or $40 to park (pay at each park?)

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but surprised I couldn't find it asked - when park hopping do you pay per park parking fee or per day? If we drive our own car and park hop, $20 to park or $40 to park (pay at each park?)
Save your original parking receipt. Just show it at the next parking lot. You only pay to park once a day.

Save your original parking receipt. Just show it at the next parking lot. You only pay to park once a day.
That applies to valet parking at the resorts, too.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the 241 pages but instead of reading all the pages I opted to be lazy and just ask. We plan to go right to Disney Springs after dropping off our stuff at Pop. Doesn't look like there is transportation from DS to the parks so what is the fastest way to get to AK via Disney transportation? Grab a bus to AKL then another bus to AK?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the 241 pages but instead of reading all the pages I opted to be lazy and just ask. We plan to go right to Disney Springs after dropping off our stuff at Pop. Doesn't look like there is transportation from DS to the parks so what is the fastest way to get to AK via Disney transportation? Grab a bus to AKL then another bus to AK?
No buses to the parks from DS, so yes, a bus to AKL and then transfer to the AK bus will work.

You pay the $20 fee to park at the first park, then are allowed to park at subsequent parks that day for free. Just a thought - depending upon your trip length & how frequently you visit WDW, it might make fiscal sense for at least one of the members of your party to get an annual pass. Parking as well as all Photo Pass pictures are included with you AP, and you receive discounts across Disney property. Just thought worth tossing out to you.

How much time should I budget from Poly to Sanaa? I'll be at Poly for a short break after RDing at MK that morning. Lunch ADR at Sanaa is 2:15 so is it best to plan leaving Poly by 1 or 1:15?

TIA! :)
That depends - are you planning to utilize Disney transportation? If yes, then allowing about an hour is advisable, imo. If you are taking Uber - 30 minutes should be plenty.

That depends - are you planning to utilize Disney transportation? If yes, then allowing about an hour is advisable, imo. If you are taking Uber - 30 minutes should be plenty.

Thanks! :) Yes, I'll be either taking the boat or monorail back to MK from Poly (whichever I'm closest to at the time) & then bussing to Sanaa.

Does the monorail go to any other hotels, except the contemporary resort?
Yes. The Monorail Goes from the Contemporary to the TTC, then the Poly, next the GF, then MK before heading back around that loop. It loops all the way around Seven Seas Lagoon.

How long will it take from MK to AK Lodge? We plan to leave MK at 7pm but has reservation at Jiko @825p. Is that enough time?

After dinner, what's the best way to go back to our hotel CBR?

How long will it take from MK to AK Lodge? We plan to leave MK at 7pm but has reservation at Jiko @825p. Is that enough time?

After dinner, what's the best way to go back to our hotel CBR?
You should allow 1 hour, so your plan is fine. Actual time will normally be under 45 minutes if there are no delays.

AKL to CBR, using Disney Transport, you need to transfer at an open theme park or DS. AK is best if it's still open. DHS or Epcot would be next choice, and finally MK or DS if everything else is closed.

If you have 4 or fewer riders and no kids under 6, you could use UberX to CBR for under $10, which would likely save at least a half hour travel time. If you need a car seat or have 5-6 riders, it would cost more.

We are landing at the airport at 4:30 PM and are taking DME to the Polynesian. We have a 7:30 PM reservation at Flying Fish for my birthday! We would love to walk through Epcot to the Restaurant (it is open) but are trying to see if we have enough time. Otherwise would taking a bus to DHS and a bus to the Beach Club be our best bet or monorail to MK And bus to BC Or should we just Uber it?

We are landing at the airport at 4:30 PM and are taking DME to the Polynesian. We have a 7:30 PM reservation at Flying Fish for my birthday! We would love to walk through Epcot to the Restaurant (it is open) but are trying to see if we have enough time. Otherwise would taking a bus to DHS and a bus to the Beach Club be our best bet or monorail to MK And bus to BC Or should we just Uber it?
I think, if you're reasonably fast walkers, you could complete your trip end-to-end in about an hour, if you also walk from Poly to TTC. I'm figuring 10 minutes to walk to TTC, 20 minutes for the wait & the ride on the monorail, and 30 minutes to walk thru Epcot to BW. You'd have to allow at least that amount of time to monorail to MK and bus to BW, so you might as well do the walk if that's what you'd like.

There is no bus from DHS to BW, just the boat. I think that route would also take about the same time. The advantage to walking is that you only have to wait once for transportation, and the Epcot Monorail runs more frequently and reliably than the buses & Friendship Boats (I mean there's more likely to be a gap between the latter.)

Of course, when you arrive at Poly, check the clock, and if you have less than, perhaps, 75 minutes, go with Uber.

P.S.: You said BC in your post. Just to be sure you know, FF is at BW, not BC.

Last edited:
If you land, on-time, at 4:30, you should be at the Polynesian by 6ish. Your room 'should' be ready, so you can go there, drop off your carry-on bags, freshen up, then walk over to the TTC. By this time it will be 6:30ish. Take the monorail to Epcot....arrive between 6:45-7. Go through bag check, walk through Epcot...that will take about 25 mins total. Walk over to BW to FF...about 10 mins after leaving the IG. It will be close. If everything lines up perfectly, you're good to go. If not, you may very well be late. You might be better off just taking the bus to DHS, and then walking to BW. That timing would look like...leave Polynesian around 6:30, wait for bus, ride to DHS...should be there by 7:00, walking takes about 20 mins. If you took the boat, from DHS to BW, it could make you late. Boat ride is about 20 mins from HS, but you could face a 20 min wait for the boat to get to the HS dock!
If you really don't want to stress about making it in time? Take a cab....that will take about 10 mins. If you really want to use the monorail, take it to Epcot, but then head over to the cab area, and take a cab to BW...that would cut off about 30 mins of time!!!

Hi all, I've read from about page 200 and couldn't find the answer to my route question so I'm hoping this isn't a repeat. This is my first trip to WDW as an adult and taking my DH & DS (4ys). I'm planning on us leaving MK to eat an early dinner @Raglan Road in DS on our last day (Friday) but want to get back to MK for parade/fireworks that night. Is the quickest Disney transport from DS to MK to walk to SS from DS then bus to MK? Or should we bus from DS to CR then walk to MK? Or am I all wrong on both of those routes? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I've read from about page 200 and couldn't find the answer to my route question so I'm hoping this isn't a repeat. This is my first trip to WDW as an adult and taking my DH & DS (4ys). I'm planning on us leaving MK to eat an early dinner @Raglan Road in DS on our last day (Friday) but want to get back to MK for parade/fireworks that night. Is the quickest Disney transport from DS to MK to walk to SS from DS then bus to MK? Or should we bus from DS to CR then walk to MK? Or am I all wrong on both of those routes? Thanks in advance!

You are correct on both routes, but I suspect bus from DS to CR is the faster route since there are several internal stops at SSR before the bus will head out to MK. Hope that helps!

You are correct on both routes, but I suspect bus from DS to CR is the faster route since there are several internal stops at SSR before the bus will head out to MK. Hope that helps!
Ah, I gotcha. Didn't think about the internal stops at all. Thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter