Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

What is the best way from A to B...and more importantly, what time to should I leave A to get to B using Disney Transportation

1. Animal Kingdom to a 5:05pm ADR at Biergarten
2. Magic Kingdom to 5:00pm ADR at Ohana (boat or monorail?)
3. Magic Kingdom to 5:15pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. Downtown Disney to 5:00pm ADR at Chef Mickey's (the "how" is obviously bus)

We have a 6:20 pm ADR at Sanaa. To return to OKW we could take a bus to MK, EPCOT, Studios or DTD and then take a bus (or boat from DTD) to OKW. It looks like a cab will be around $40. We are three adults and a small scooter. Believe the scooter can be disassembled to fit in a regular cab. Anyone have any experience with this route? Given the time frame, are we better off getting a cab if we want to be back at OKW before the sun rises? Thanks for any advice.

We have a 6:20 pm ADR at Sanaa. To return to OKW we could take a bus to MK, EPCOT, Studios or DTD and then take a bus (or boat from DTD) to OKW. It looks like a cab will be around $40. We are three adults and a small scooter. Believe the scooter can be disassembled to fit in a regular cab. Anyone have any experience with this route? Given the time frame, are we better off getting a cab if we want to be back at OKW before the sun rises? Thanks for any advice.

I don't think a taxi 1 way would cost $40, probably more like $18-$20 plus tip to the HH at OKW.
Trip shouldn't take much more than 15 minutes

The scooter trunk fit in the trunk if it can be disassembled.

I don't think a taxi 1 way would cost $40, probably more like $18-$20 plus tip.
Trip shouldn't take much more than 15 minutes

The scooter trunk fit in the trunk if it can be disassembled.

I checked the rate the other day from AKL to DTD and it was close to $40.

I checked the rate the other day from AKL to DTD and it was close to $40.

It less than 7 miles from AKL Kidani to the HH at OKW it's hard to believe it could be anywhere near $40. I base my estimates on the actual mileage not the Mears or any other fare estimator, I personally don't think they are very reliable.

Epcot and DHS are both "on the way" between AKL & OKW. Transferring at either should be 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on bus wait times and the location of your room (I've included time for loading & unloading the scooter.) Since you're just going back to your room, you don't need to be there at a set time; if a delay happens, just roll with it.

Thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate the information.

How long before park opening would you suggest we leave the room (we're staying at the Yacht Club) to be among the first to enter Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

What is the best way from A to B...and more importantly, what time to should I leave A to get to B using Disney Transportation

1. Animal Kingdom to a 5:05pm ADR at Biergarten
2. Magic Kingdom to 5:00pm ADR at Ohana (boat or monorail?)
3. Magic Kingdom to 5:15pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. Downtown Disney to 5:00pm ADR at Chef Mickey's (the "how" is obviously bus)
1. Leave AK by 3:45ish....you can take a direct bus to Epcot, and then walk through Epcot to Germany, or you can take a bus to BC and then walk over to WS via the International Gateway.

2. If the boat to the GF/Polynesian is there, take the boat. Leave MK by 4:00. Or take the monorail if the boat isn't there or coming into the dock.

3. Boat to WL from MK. Be at the boat dock by 4:15.

4. Bus to CR from DTD. Be at the CR bus stop in DTD by 3:45/4:00.

I usually leave at least an hour to get from point A to point B at WDW. Better to be early than to stress about being late.
Have a fun trip.

Our reservations are at 7:05am. What time will we have to leave and best way to get there...please!

Also from Pop Century to 1900 Park Fare for a 8:20pm reservation

And Epcot to 1900 Park Fare for a 8:20pm reservation. We have members coming from two different places.

thanks so much!!

Our reservations are at 7:05am. What time will we have to leave and best way to get there...please!

Also from Pop Century to 1900 Park Fare for a 8:20pm reservation

And Epcot to 1900 Park Fare for a 8:20pm reservation. We have members coming from two different places.

thanks so much!!
You will have to take a cab for the 7:05 ADR. The buses do start rolling at 6:30, but even if you get that bus to MK, you still have to walk over to the CR...takes about 10 mins. The bus driver may be able to drop you at the CR, but that isn't a given. I would just get a cab...leave Pop by 6:45.

From Pop to 1900 Park Fare for 8:20, get the MK bus no later than 7:30, then boat over to the GF. The monorail is fine but it will take 20+ mins...travel is about 20 mins and the wait can be up to 15 mins. Or, a cab.

From Epcot, monorail to TTC, then transfer to the resort monorail line. Plan on being at the monorail station by 7:15-7:30.

Quickest way to get from EPCOT to DTD? Would I walk to BC and get a bus there? Can't believe I don't know this!:confused:
Yup, that would be the fastest way.
Other methods would be to leave from the front of Epcot and take the SSR bus and then bus, walk or boat over to DTD. Or bus to POR and boat to DTD.
But if you're in WS, the fastest way is via BC.

Hi. I'm new here, although I have been lurking for a while.

My family is going in late January. We're going to be at the MK for the day and then go to Tutto Italia for dinner. Should we take the monorail over to Epcot and walk through FW to the WS or should we take a bus from MK to the Beach Club and then take a bus or walk?

The benefit to the Monorail I can see is that we will have at least one stroller and you can roll those things right on the monorail as opposed to folding them up like you do on the bus.
that is probably quickest

We will be making ADRs at restaurants on the Boardwalk during our stay at the Contemporary. Since these will be nicer restaurants, we will probably want to go back to our room to freshen up and change after a day at the park.

What would be the best mode of transportation from the Contemporary to the Boardwalk?

We love to ride in boats, so if it's too long to take a boat to our dining destination, is there a leisurely boat ride we can take as part of making our way back to the Contemporary at the end of the evening?

Thanks!

There are no boats that run between CR and BW. To travel between these two resorts, you have a few options.
1. from CR to BW...walk over to MK, then bus to BW directly
2. Take monorail to Epcot and then walk through that park to BW
3. bus to DHS and then boat to BW.

You can just reverse any of those after you eat. The boat ride from DHS to BW is about 20 mins. You can also walk along the walkway that runs between DHS and BW.

The only restaurant that you would really want to freshen up for would be Flying Fish. The others are pretty informal and casual. FF is a nicer restaurant though.

Keep an eye on park closing times.

1. You can catch a bus from BW back to MK until the park closes, including EMH & MVMCP.
  2. You cannot walk through Epcot to the monorail after the park is closed. If Epcot's in EMH, you will be able to walk through, but you'll probably be taking a bus back to CR rather than the monorail. And you must have admission to Epcot, which means you were in Epcot that day, or you have park-hopping and were in any park that day, or you have annual passes.
  3. You can walk to DHS anytime, but bus service to CR will stop when the park is clear of guests. You should be safe if you arrive at DHS within an hour after closing.

Best way from DHS to DTD around 5:30pm??

Bus to resort, resort to DTD...or... Boat to Epcot area resorts then Bus to DTD?

Trying to plan for a first timer (which I will never do again) and trying to make it so its not too confusing. TIA

Best way from DHS to DTD around 5:30pm??

Bus to resort, resort to DTD...or... Boat to Epcot area resorts then Bus to DTD?

Trying to plan for a first timer (which I will never do again) and trying to make it so its not too confusing. TIA
I would recommend boat to S/D, then their bus to DTD...or BW, whichever you think is easier. I would think the boat to the S/D, then walk through the Swan to their bus stop would be the easiest to describe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter