Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

• POFQ to Chef Mickey's (bus to MK, monorail to Contemporary?)
    • Or walk from MK to CR.
  • POFQ to EPCOT World Showcase (is there a boat ride option?)
    • You could take the bus to DHS and boat to Epcot International Gateway, but it would probably double your travel time, and the Friendship Boats are not nearly as pleasant as the Sassagoula boats.
  • POFQ to Poly (bus to TTC, monorail to Poly?)
    • MK, not TTC. The boat from MK to Poly usually does not accommodate wheelchairs.
  • POFQ to DtD (nothing beats the boat ride!)
    • Yep!

Hi i have 2 delima's that I am not sure what transportation would be best.
1) We are having dinner at 8:10 at Park Fare and then want to return to our resort, Pop Century, afterwards. MK closes at 8:00 this day so how do i get back to our resort?

2) We are having dinner at 8:15 at Ohana's and once again want to return to our resort afterwards. MK is having a MVMCP this evening so will the monorail run from poly to MK and then we can catch a bus back to our resort? I know they have made changes to the monorail schedule so wasn't sure if this was possible. Or should/can we take the boat from poly, do they even have a boat from poly to MK?

Help please. We are traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and 4 of us adults.

1) We are having dinner at 8:10 at Park Fare and then want to return to our resort, Pop Century, afterwards. MK closes at 8:00 this day so how do i get back to our resort?

2) We are having dinner at 8:15 at Ohana's and once again want to return to our resort afterwards. MK is having a MVMCP this evening so will the monorail run from poly to MK and then we can catch a bus back to our resort? I know they have made changes to the monorail schedule so wasn't sure if this was possible. Or should/can we take the boat from poly, do they even have a boat from poly to MK?

Help please. We are traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and 4 of us adults.
1. The buses will run from MK to resorts for an hour or so after park closing. But, I would probably just get a cab back to Pop, rather than worry about eating quickly enough to catch a bus.

2. I would actually take the boat over to MK after your 'Ohana dinner. Then you can hop on the bus back to Pop.
The boat that runs between MK and the Polynesian also stops at the GF...the route is..from MK, then GF, Polynesian, and finally back to MK.

DTD may be your only Disney Transport option: bus to DTD, then bus to Pop.

A taxi would probably cost $15-$20. You can request a van, which will easily handle all 6 of you. The 3yo will need to be in a child seat; the taxi should have one available for your use, but let the bell person know when you request the van.

The monorail situation for party nights still seems to be in a state of flux. If the monorail is not running, the boats should be. Yes, there is a boat between Poly & MK. Bundle up! It can get quite chilly on those little boats on a December night.

• POFQ to Chef Mickey's (bus to MK, monorail to Contemporary?)
    • Or walk from MK to CR.
  • POFQ to EPCOT World Showcase (is there a boat ride option?)
    • You could take the bus to DHS and boat to Epcot International Gateway, but it would probably double your travel time, and the Friendship Boats are not nearly as pleasant as the Sassagoula boats.
  • POFQ to Poly (bus to TTC, monorail to Poly?)
    • MK, not TTC. The boat from MK to Poly usually does not accommodate wheelchairs.
  • POFQ to DtD (nothing beats the boat ride!)
    • Yep!

Thanks, joelkfla.

On our last day at Disney, we will be checking out of Pop, but planning on staying at MK until it closes at 7pm. We have a 8pm ADR at WC at Wilderness Lodge. I was thinking of taking bus to MK and then bus to WL. My question is how do I get back to Pop after our dinner. We will just be picking up our car and transferring to another offsite hotel for the rest of our vacation. Thanks for all your help:)

On our last day at Disney, we will be checking out of Pop, but planning on staying at MK until it closes at 7pm. We have a 8pm ADR at WC at Wilderness Lodge. I was thinking of taking bus to MK and then bus to WL. My question is how do I get back to Pop after our dinner. We will just be picking up our car and transferring to another offsite hotel for the rest of our vacation. Thanks for all your help:)
Where are you picking your car up at, and when?? If MK is closed, then you have just two options...
1. bus from WL to DTD and then bus back to POP (or to an open park and transfer to bus to POP)
2. cab from WL to Pop.

If you have your car already, you would be better off just driving.

On our last day at Disney, we will be checking out of Pop, but planning on staying at MK until it closes at 7pm. We have a 8pm ADR at WC at Wilderness Lodge. I was thinking of taking bus to MK and then bus to WL.

I'd take the boat from MK to WL rather than the bus.

If MK is closing at 7, there's probably a MNSSHP scheduled that night. If so, all MK buses and boats will be running until past midnight. You can bus or boat back to MK from WL, and then bus to Pop.

Epcot to O'hana: Monorail to TTC, transfer, then Monorail to Poly? Surely bus would not be faster???
AK to DTD- direct bus? or do I need to go 'somewhere else' to get there?
Thanks!

Epcot to O'hana: Monorail to TTC, transfer, then Monorail to Poly?
Yes, or you could walk from TTC to Poly (about 10 minutes). There's no bus from Epcot to Poly, except after 10 p.m.
AK to DTD- direct bus? or do I need to go 'somewhere else' to get there?
No direct bus. You need to go to a resort. Pop is a good transfer point. If BB is open, transferring at AKL Kidani will avoid stopping there.

Hi all,

We are going to HDDR on a day where MK is closing at 7pm for the MNSSHP.

Our HDDR reservation is at 9:30 p.m.

We'd like to visit Wilderness Lodge the same day. Does the resort boat from Wilderness Lodge still run to Fort Wilderness after MK closes? If so, will the resort boat still be running at 11:30 p.m. or so after the HDDR show is done to take us back to Wilderness Lodge?

Hope this question makes sense. Thanks!

We'd like to visit Wilderness Lodge the same day. Does the resort boat from Wilderness Lodge still run to Fort Wilderness after MK closes? If so, will the resort boat still be running at 11:30 p.m. or so after the HDDR show is done to take us back to Wilderness Lodge?
That boat shuts down at 11:30 p.m., so you may or may not catch the last boat.

But bus service should be available. Ask the HDD cast when you exit.

After midnight, the only bus service out of WL may be to DTD. You can transfer there to your resort.

Boats will run from MK to WL for a while after midnight, but I don't know whether they will take you back to MK. If you're taking a boat over to FtW earlier in the evening, ask the crew what time the last boat leaves WL for MK.

What is the best way to and from Boardwalk area for dinner from and back to CSR
If DHS is open (including EMH), you can take the bus there, and then walk or ride the boat to BW. After it closes, the only option is DTD, or MK if it's still open (including EMH or a party). Both are out the way; MK is better than DTD.

The resorts are pretty close to each other. You can probably get a taxi for around $10.

Does anyone know how often the park to park buses run? In our case we are considering spending half day (morning) at AK then going directly to HS for the afternoon. Thanks!

We need to get from POP to MK by 7:15 am for a tour on a day that MK opens at 9:00. CM on the phone said the buses do not start running that early and we will need to find our own transportation to Contemporary, and then walk to MK. I thought the buses started at 6:30 am. Has this changed recently? We will not have a car, so if the buses are not an option, we will need a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter