Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hello all! :goodvibes

Would someone be able to tell me how to get to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue once you get to Fort Wilderness? I plan to take a bus there from the Magic Kingdom.

After the show what is the best way to get to the Pop Century Resort? Our reservation would be at 5, so I'm thinking the parks would still be open afterwards. I figured we would need to take a bus back to one of the parks, and then get on a bus to the Pop from there. Is that the only/best way?

Actually, as goofy4tink pointed out in her last post (the one right before yours), it's actually easier to take the bus from MK to WL, then the boat from WL to FW, because then it's just a short walk to Pioneer Hall. If you take the bus to FW, you then have to get on an internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall. I would then go the same way to get back to MK.

Thanks Siskaren. I had neglected to read the last posts, in favor of reading the first page for an explanation to the specifics of this thread. What an embarrassing faux paux. (facepalm);) Thanks for pointing that out, I don't like to think how long it would have taken me to figure it out on my own! Haha.

Thanks Siskaren. I had neglected to read the last posts, in favor of reading the first page for an explanation to the specifics of this thread. What an embarrassing faux paux. (facepalm);) Thanks for pointing that out, I don't like to think how long it would have taken me to figure it out on my own! Haha.
In that particular post, the poster was looking to get from Epcot to FtW...so a bus to WL and then the boat over to FtW was the best way.
In your case, since you will be arriving at MK, just take the boat from MK to FtW....then walk up the short pathway to Pioneer Hall.

Wow. Stumbled across this site this AM. Looks like I have a ton of helpful information to peruse now. I apologize if I'm asking a question that was answered elsewhere - I did try searching first.

My family is staying at Boardwalk Villas in early November. My in-laws are looking to join us on the trip but are considering staying at the Caribbean Beach resort due to $$$ savings. Are these two resorts on a shared bus route that could get us from one to the other without having to transfer? If not, is the walk between even remotely do-able?

Thanks in advance.

Wow. Stumbled across this site this AM. Looks like I have a ton of helpful information to peruse now. I apologize if I'm asking a question that was answered elsewhere - I did try searching first.

My family is staying at Boardwalk Villas in early November. My in-laws are looking to join us on the trip but are considering staying at the Caribbean Beach resort due to $$$ savings. Are these two resorts on a shared bus route that could get us from one to the other without having to transfer? If not, is the walk between even remotely do-able?

Thanks in advance.

There is no direct transportation between the resorts. Walking is also out of the question. Sorry.

Walking is also out of the question. Sorry.
Actually, it is possible to walk between the resorts. The distance is just about a mile to Aruba, which is the closest village at CBR. (CBR is a very large, spread-out resort.)

Leaving from BW, most of the walk is on a little-used sidewalk along one of the busiest roads at WDW. When you reach the corner near CBR, there is a crosswalk with a WALK light to get across the road. The problem is that once you cross the road, the sidewalk just ends; you have to cross a grassy area under some trees to get into CBR, which should be OK during daylight but somewhat dicey in the dark.

Another alternative is to walk from BW to DHS (Disney's Hollywood Studios), and catch a short bus ride from there to CBR. Of course, that only works when DHS is open. The walkway between DHS & BWV is lighted, heavily used, and runs along a canal; the distance is about 0.8 miles. There are also boats that travel the canal, but they are very slow.

Finally, since the resorts are so close together, a taxi between them should cost around $5-$10.

Your in-laws might also want to look into staying at the WDW Swan or Dolphin. They are not operated by Disney, but are on property right across a bridge from BWV, and guests enjoy some Disney resort benefits, including EMH. Rates are a bit higher than CBR, but much lower than BW & the other Epcot resorts. They are operated by Starwood, and offer discounts to AAA members, seniors, & members of the Starwood rewards program.

Could I please get some help on two transportation questions?

We have 6:30p.m. reservations for Mickey's BBQ. That same day, we will be at Animal Kingdom. We are staying at Jambo House. If we leave AK right after Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade (around 4p.m.) and go back to our room, will we have time to take Disney trans to the BBQ? What is the best way to get to the BBQ? Or should we go directly from AK and what is the best route from AK to the BBQ?

We have 7:40a.m. reservations at 'Ohana. What time should we leave our room at AK to make it on time? What is the best route?

Thanks to all!
Sandi

We have 7:40a.m. reservations at 'Ohana. What time should we leave our room at AK to make it on time? What is the best route?

At that time of the morning, I would just take a cab. It should cost less than $20 and you could leave the resort around 7:15.

If you're going to take the bus, you need to be at the bus stop no later than 6:30. You will take the bus to MK and then take the ferry or the monorail to the poly.

We have 6:30p.m. reservations for Mickey's BBQ. That same day, we will be at Animal Kingdom. We are staying at Jambo House. If we leave AK right after Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade (around 4p.m.) and go back to our room, will we have time to take Disney trans to the BBQ? What is the best way to get to the BBQ? Or should we go directly from AK and what is the best route from AK to the BBQ?
You should allow 90 minutes from Jambo to FtW. Leaving AK right after the parade, you might have to wait for a 2nd bus, so it could take 45 minutes to Jambo House, plus 10 minutes to get from the parade route to the bus area. That doesn't leave much time to get from the AKL bus stops to your room and back. Of course, you could try, and then if the bus gets you to Jambo too late, just start your trip to FtW without going to the room.

From Jambo House: easiest route is bus to MK, then boat direct to FtW. The boat dock is near the BBQ Pavillion, so no internal bus needed.

From AK: bus to FtW, then internal bus to Settlement, which is the location of the BBQ. Allow 1 hour.
Alternate route from AK: bus to WL, then bus to FtW (which goes right to the Settlement.) About the same time.

After the BBQ to get back to Jambo, if the MK is still open, take the boat to MK, and bus to AKL. If not, take the boat to WL, OR the internal bus to the Outpost, then the bus to either Epcot or DHS, and bus to AKL.
You will take the bus to MK and then take the ferry or the monorail to the poly.
No boats at that hour; it would be the Resort Monorail only.

Best advice for transportation between AKL and cape may?
I would say one of two methods...depending on time of day.
1. head to AK (if it's open) and take the YC/BC bus.
2. bus to DHS and either walk or boat to BC

Heading back may be a bit more difficult depending on time...if any parks are open, take the bus there and then bus back to AKL. Or, if you have park hoppers, walk through Epcot (if still open). Otherwise, either a cab or take the bus to DTD and then transfer to the AKL bus.

I was hoping to receive some advice on how to reach a 9:25 am ADR at the Tusker House, from the WL. What time would I have to catch the bus (or be ready and waiting for the bus)?

I would be at the bus stop 90 minutes before your reservation.
Keep in mine you will have almost a half mile walk from the bus stop to Tusker House. And it is suggested you arrive 10-15 minutes before your reservation time.

I would say one of two methods...depending on time of day.
1. head to AK (if it's open) and take the YC/BC bus.
2. bus to DHS and either walk or boat to BC

Heading back may be a bit more difficult depending on time...if any parks are open, take the bus there and then bus back to AKL. Or, if you have park hoppers, walk through Epcot (if still open). Otherwise, either a cab or take the bus to DTD and then transfer to the AKL bus.

Would option #2 be hard with a toodler?

Would option #2 be hard with a toodler?

With a 'toodler', have no idea....:lmao:;)...sorry. But with a toddler?? Depends on how good a walker said toddler (or toodler) is. THe walk takes about 18 mins...I walk it in less than that, but I don't have a toodling toddler with me. If you have the time, I would think the boat would be a terrific idea from DHS to BC. The actual boat ride should take about 15/18 mins. But, if the boat isn't at the dock loading, or coming into view down the canal, you could have a wait. It is usually no more than 15/20 mins between boats. So, if you see the boat pulling away from the DHS dock, you can figure on about 15 mins before the next one comes along. Good thing is that you can see the dock as you arrive on the buses.

With a 'toodler', have no idea....:lmao:;)...sorry. But with a toddler?? Depends on how good a walker said toddler (or toodler) is. THe walk takes about 18 mins...I walk it in less than that, but I don't have a toodling toddler with me. If you have the time, I would think the boat would be a terrific idea from DHS to BC. The actual boat ride should take about 15/18 mins. But, if the boat isn't at the dock loading, or coming into view down the canal, you could have a wait. It is usually no more than 15/20 mins between boats. So, if you see the boat pulling away from the DHS dock, you can figure on about 15 mins before the next one comes along. Good thing is that you can see the dock as you arrive on the buses.

Oh wow, I even have LOL @ myself. Thanks for the info though!

I apologize ahead of time for asking what I'm sure has previously been asked. I haven't figured out the search option and I thought it would be easier to have all your valuable advice in one spot.

We're planning a trip for our family of 12 in March (including a wheel chair and 2 double strollers:scared1:). We will not have a rental car, so therefore are relying on Disney transportation. I know the best way to travel from POFQ to EPCOT / AK / DHS / MK is via bus. Please help me plan and let me know if there's an easier/more efficient (or more fun) way to travel...

POFQ to Chef Mickey's (bus to MK, monorail to Contemporary?)
POFQ to EPCOT World Showcase (is there a boat ride option?)
POFQ to Poly (bus to TTC, monorail to Poly?)
POFQ to DtD (nothing beats the boat ride!:love:)

Thanks so much for any help you may provide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter