• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

Awesome! Thanks.

Oakens is the gift shop, make snowmen and ice skating correct?

Since both my son and daughter will be missing hockey to go to Disney I think we can skip the skating! :lmao:

Yes, exactly! I haven't heard for sure on the ice skating (someone else here might know) but the snow play area (which is supposed to be enlarged from what I understand) and the gift shop (which I assume will also be enlarged cause, duh) are moving I believe to the old American Idol area. I hope they keep the ice skating, it was fun to watch :)

Yes, exactly! I haven't heard for sure on the ice skating (someone else here might know) but the snow play area (which is supposed to be enlarged from what I understand) and the gift shop (which I assume will also be enlarged cause, duh) are moving I believe to the old American Idol area. I hope they keep the ice skating, it was fun to watch :)

Oaken's Trading Post with all the merchandise and the Snow Play area relocates to the AFI building in the Backlot Tours exit area.

The skating rink isn't expected to stay.

Oaken's Trading Post with all the merchandise and the Snow Play area relocates to the AFI building in the Backlot Tours exit area.

The skating rink isn't expected to stay.

Ack yes, that's it, I get my acronyms mixed up, thanks for the correction!

That's a bummer but I guess I can see why.

With the continuation of the sing a long, will they have shows during the week or only weekends? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sundays? If it's weekends I would have to come from MK on a Saturday to try and get the last sing a long. Is there no chance of this?

With the continuation of the sing a long, will they have shows during the week or only weekends? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sundays? If it's weekends I would have to come from MK on a Saturday to try and get the last sing a long. Is there no chance of this?

There are 10 Sing Alongs held on a daily basis. See lovethattink's first POST of the Thread.

This is from wdwmagic.com:

"Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney's Hollywood Studios comes to a close on September 28 2014 after being extended from its original early September close.

The event has proven to be extremely popular with guests, and Disney will be EXTENDING SOME PARTS of the event through the fall. So here is a summary of what is staying, and what is going.

STAYING:
"For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration" will be remaining, playing in the Premiere Theater on the Streets of America. The number of shows per day vary, up to a maximum of 10. There is some speculation that the show will ultimately move to the American Idol location, but this has not yet been confirmed.

Wandering Oaken's merchandise location and play area will move to the former American Film Institute Showcase, located at the exit of the Studio Backlot Tour. There will be NO ICE SKATING, but the real snow playground and Frozen merchandise will continue to be available.

GOING:
So what WILL NOT be continued into the fall? The Royal Procession mini-parade, the Frozen Fireworks show, and the Ice Skating will be coming to a close on September 28 2014.

Along with the extension to Frozen at the Studios, also look for Frozen characters to appear at the Magic Kingdom for the holidays. Anna and Elsa will be appearing in the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and a new castle lighting ceremony which replaces Cinderella's Holiday Wish."

Sorry if this has been asked....is a fastpass needed for the sing along or will walking up and seeing the show be ok? Leave in 18 days and wondering if trading Star Tours for Frozen is a smart bet!

Sorry if this has been asked....is a fastpass needed for the sing along or will walking up and seeing the show be ok? Leave in 18 days and wondering if trading Star Tours for Frozen is a smart bet!

You can enter a Sing Along by one of the following:
- FP
- Return Time Ticket
- Standby line

Premiere Theater holds 1,000 guests. A FP isn't necessary.

Thanks! Guess i know what I'll be doing at rope drop! Question though...with a party of 19 can one person stand in line and get the return tickets or is there a limit, say 5 per person, which would mean 4 of us would have to stand in line.

Thanks! Guess i know what I'll be doing at rope drop! Question though...with a party of 19 can one person stand in line and get the return tickets or is there a limit, say 5 per person, which would mean 4 of us would have to stand in line.

No limit for Return Time Tickets that are picked up by only one member of your party. Do check the first post of this thread prior to your trip in case anything changes after September 28th.

My apologies if previously explained but how does the return ticket work? Do you go to the theatre immediately and get like a paper fast pass that says come back later at a specific time or do you stand in line for the show and then if you don't get in then and only them will you get a return ticket. Trying to figure out how the timing would work with other FastPasses.

My apologies if previously explained but how does the return ticket work? Do you go to the theatre immediately and get like a paper fast pass that says come back later at a specific time or do you stand in line for the show and then if you don't get in then and only them will you get a return ticket. Trying to figure out how the timing would work with other FastPasses.

At least through Sept 28, you go to the street with the San Francisco back drop at one end and the giant Christmas Globe at the other end to pick up your tickets. It's first come first serve and the earlier in the day you get there, the more show choices you have. The earliest I've seen them run out was 3pm. On slow Days, I've seen them not run out.

Once you have your ticket, you are free to go and not return until before or during the return window. Just don't show up after it or you'll end up sent to the standby line with people who don't have tickets or asked to exchange it for a different show if one is available.

I'm up north so I'm of of the loop. Will there be an immediate transition for Oaken's move or will it be closed for a short time? Last Thursday when I was there the cm I talked to said Oct 1st for opening of new location, but that was just rumor. Has there been anything more substantial mentioned?

I'm up north so I'm of of the loop. Will there be an immediate transition for Oaken's move or will it be closed for a short time? Last Thursday when I was there the cm I talked to said Oct 1st for opening of new location, but that was just rumor. Has there been anything more substantial mentioned?

No mention of a closure of any type. wdwmagic had the most extensive news on the updates. If I see anything I'll post it and message you.

Are they still handing out paper tickets for the Sing Along now that they offer the FP+ option for the show? Or were the paper tickets replaced by the FP+ option?

Are they still handing out paper tickets for the Sing Along now that they offer the FP+ option for the show? Or were the paper tickets replaced by the FP+ option?

The Return Time (paper) Tickets are still being handed out for the show of your choice. If you are planning a trip after September 28th, it is unknown what will be in place at that time.

Also, I saw that the 11 o'clock parade in HS will be ending this month? Does anyone know if it will continue into October?
Thanks!:)

The Return Time (paper) Tickets are still being handed out for the show of your choice. If you are planning a trip after September 28th, it is unknown what will be in place at that time.

Yeah, I'll be going the first week in October, but Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter