*****Official February 2012 Thread!*****

I'll get everyone added to the list this evening. Welcome to all of you! :cool1:

How many trips has everyone been on?

this is just our 2nd trip as a family, but DH went once as a pre-teen, and a couple of times as a young adult with an ex.

I went a few times as a child (I only remember one trip, when we met the Cosby family at Epcot!) and once when I was in high school.

ADRS are as follows:
Feb 2- Arrival at night. Grab something at Roaring Forks in our hotel (WL)
Fri Feb 3 - 1900PF dinner
Sat Feb 4 - Le Cellier lunch
Sun Feb 5 - Sci-Fi dinner
Mon, Feb 6 - Hoop Dee Doo Dinner
Tues, Feb 7 - Whispering canyon dinner / "at home" night
Wed, Feb 8 - Ohana dinner, Wishes from Poly beach after
Thurs, Feb 9 - Les Chefs de France Dinner with Remy
Fri - Departure at 9pm. use up the rest of our counter service meals & snacks today.

Our "at home" night, we'll be hanging out at our resort, doing laundry. It's also our super sleep in day, go to AK until it closes at 5, then get back to the hotel in time for our reservation. After dinner, we just hang out in the room or lobby.

also, new hours have been posted on the travel agent site:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S.../pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_feb.pdf

We're getting closer!

DH and I are taking our great-niece Haley on her first trip ever to WDW, for her 10th birthday. She is so excited. :banana::banana:

We will arrive 2/11/12, staying at the Raddison for our first night, before we check into PO-Riverside. I requested the Mansions, but we well be happy with what ever we get! :wizard:

On 2/12/12 - we will head to MK, enjoying counter service, so no ADR's.

2/13/12 - Epcot, LaCellier @ 12:20 (for Me):lovestruc

2/14/12 - DHS, Brown Derby @ 3:45 (for DH):love:

2/15/12 - Nothing Planned

2/16/12 - Back to MK, with dinner at Kona Cafe @ 6:35

2/17/12 - AK - Rainforest likely (for Haley):hug:

We might take a break on Sunday (2/12) in the middle of the aftersoon, say 2 or 3 and take the boat to Whispering Canyon for a late lunch. It will be her first trip to the parks, so she might need a time out:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Well, that's our plan anyway...heading home on Saturday with a day to recoup.

29 more days. Still no Mickey Mail or ME mail....

Quick question. We're on the Free DDP and I know that for TS meals DS6 must order from the children's menu, what about CS meals? I have seen that some restaurants have adult size and child size portions, will DS have to order the child sized meal?

Liza, I was curious about the same thing, and from what I was told by my TA, that a child on the DP, must alway choose from the Children's Menu, unless there isn't one. I know Haley will not be happy when we are eating shrimp, and she has to have chicken nuggets, but pizza will keep her happy. I told her I would share a bit:laughing:, but she had to understand what is expected going in. I promised her she wouldn't go hungry, and Uncle Murphy won't let that happen to Miss "H".

Liza, I was curious about the same thing, and from what I was told by my TA, that a child on the DP, must alway choose from the Children's Menu, unless there isn't one. I know Haley will not be happy when we are eating shrimp, and she has to have chicken nuggets, but pizza will keep her happy. I told her I would share a bit:laughing:, but she had to understand what is expected going in. I promised her she wouldn't go hungry, and Uncle Murphy won't let that happen to Miss "H".

That's what I thought. Thanks. Guess he'll be one angry little boy when he sees my pizza is bigger than his....

On another note...
Just got home and I received my Mickey Mail!! :banana:
Also received my Mom's package she sent from Italy BEFORE Christmas. Not sure why it took so long, but was totally worth it!! I just finished gorging on the most delicious chocolate!! :rolleyes1
Guess my dieting streak has been broken. :sad2:

Well, I put in my ADRs but forgot to say we are staying at AKL club level (first time!) from Feb 4-8. If anyone else is staying there, we are going to the Sunrise Safari on Sunday and the Wanyama on Tuesday. Really tempted to do one of the Epcot Segway tours but may have to wait until we find out who the MVP of the Superbowl is!

Just put in request to join the FB group - 18 DAYS!!!!!

When we did counter service, we had one person go up (this was at Pecos Bill's in Frontierland in MK) and do the ordering at the little ordering station (touch screen kiosk). We would generally order 2 adult meals for the 3 of us - me, DH and DD who was 6 at the time - because it was so much food, and we would all share and trust me, we were full. On a couple of occasions, we did get 3 adult meals because DD liked the adult style chicken fingers better than the kids style. We swiped them out on our kttw cards, no problem, but it was always just one adult doing the ordering, and DH and DD would hold a table for us in the dining room. From what I understand, all the meals get lumped together on one card, and if they see a child, they will ask that the child orders from the child menu. I'm not sure if that's how it is, because we got conflicting answers when we asked if DD could order off the adult menu (after the first few days, she was sick of the limited child offerings of chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc), and once she was told yes, and another time she was told no. I think it depends on the mood of the CM you get. :confused3

We found that our little "get 2 meals for the 3 of us" thing worked out well for us. Since we're not to the HUGE portions that Disney dished out, we were able to not waste as much food and use our counter service credits better. Sometimes we would get back to the hotel and get ourselves a "late night snack" and split a cheeseburger between us. We would get fruit instead of dessert to keep for breakfast the next morning. With the huge burger and fries split between the 3 of us, it was enough to fill our bellies before bed! This time will be even easier since we'll all have the refillable mugs for drinks. Before, we were paying OOP for drinks or just getting water for the other 2 to drink.

That's what I thought. Thanks. Guess he'll be one angry little boy when he sees my pizza is bigger than his....

On another note...
Just got home and I received my Mickey Mail!! :banana:
Also received my Mom's package she sent from Italy BEFORE Christmas. Not sure why it took so long, but was totally worth it!! I just finished gorging on the most delicious chocolate!! :rolleyes1
Guess my dieting streak has been broken. :sad2:

mmmm... Italian chocolate! BIL always sends us the Italian Easter eggs. DD already knows that that cracked chocolate egg is perfect to make chocolate covered strawberries!

Received some MICKEY MAIL yesterday!!! Enclosed were our luggage tags w/ a new design on them from last yrs. I love when Mickey surprises me. :banana::banana::banana:

and only 23 days to go!!!!

Received some MICKEY MAIL yesterday!!! Enclosed were our luggage tags w/ a new design on them from last yrs. I love when Mickey surprises me. :banana::banana::banana:

and only 23 days to go!!!!

Do the luggage tags arrive separately from Magical express tags? I got ME mail....but no cool luggage tags yet...:sad2:

Hi All!
We're headed to the Poly for 2/17 thru 2/24- any other Poly-wogs out there?? :):rolleyes1
Thank you for adding us to the list! This will be our families 5th time, my 12th time! :banana:

We're going back to the Poly Feb 19-25th. We were Contemporary MK View, but the family just can't get over the Poly. We gave up on ADRs a couple of years ago as we love just going moment to moment-- and we know all the good CS places we like ;) But this time we do have tickets to La Nouba Wednesday night!! First time, front row :) Can't wait to be back "home" at the Poly.

Hi There!
We're going to be at the Poly at the same time and ALSO going to La Nouba on Wed.- front row too! Went to RWU in Bristol RI back in the day, do you have kiddos going with you to WDW?:flower3:

Love La Nouba! Planning on going again in a couple of years.

DH and I are taking our great-niece Haley on her first trip ever to WDW, for her 10th birthday. She is so excited. :banana::banana:

We will arrive 2/11/12, staying at the Raddison for our first night, before we check into PO-Riverside. I requested the Mansions, but we well be happy with what ever we get! :wizard:

On 2/12/12 - we will head to MK, enjoying counter service, so no ADR's.

2/13/12 - Epcot, LaCellier @ 12:20 (for Me):lovestruc

2/14/12 - DHS, Brown Derby @ 3:45 (for DH):love:

2/15/12 - Nothing Planned

2/16/12 - Back to MK, with dinner at Kona Cafe @ 6:35

2/17/12 - AK - Rainforest likely (for Haley):hug:

We might take a break on Sunday (2/12) in the middle of the aftersoon, say 2 or 3 and take the boat to Whispering Canyon for a late lunch. It will be her first trip to the parks, so she might need a time out:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Well, that's our plan anyway...heading home on Saturday with a day to recoup.

I'm going to Kona the night before you are. Looks like we have almost the same days planned!

2/11 California Grill@ 7:20
2/12 Cape May Cafe 9:00, Sci Fi Dine In theater 1:15, Coral Reef 7:00 PM (my man's birthday)
2/13 'Ohana 9:35, Crystal Palace 1:30, Artist Point 9:20 p
2/14 Chef Mickeys 9 am, Narcoosees 7:25 am
2/15 Whispering Canyon 9:35, Kona 6:45

We didn't book every single meal but I did want to make sure I got some of my favorites in. I think Narcoosees on Valentines Day should be nice :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter