• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Dopey 2017 Thread

Hi, I'm trying to design a 48.6 Oval Car Magnet better than the ones I've seen at the Expo and I need some feedback. I'm gonna use CafePress to make these but noticed the price is like $8.00 for one plus another $8.00 shipping...do you know of any better places that would be cheaper?

btw, I'm trying to not only make a better one but to replace the one that I had stolen from my car...I cannot believe people would actually steal magnets!!! And it wasn't even the disney ears 48.6 but a generic oval one....so sad.

48.6.PNG

EDIT: Attached ZIP file with the Adobe Illustrator vectorized logo and the image above is the PNG version of that.

Attachments

• 48.6.zip
    195.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to design a 48.6 Oval Car Magnet better than the ones I've seen at the Expo and I need some feedback. I'm gonna use CafePress to make these but noticed the price is like $8.00 for one plus another $8.00 shipping...do you know of any better places that would be cheaper?

btw, I'm trying to not only make a better one but to replace the one that I had stolen from my car...I cannot believe people would actually steal magnets!!! And it wasn't even the disney ears 48.6 but a generic oval one....so sad.

View attachment 190794

I can't do magnets, but I can do "permanent" vinyl. If anyone wants one, I've got the supplies and will make them for free and send them first-class mail.

I can't do magnets, but I can do "permanent" vinyl. If anyone wants one, I've got the supplies and will make them for free and send them first-class mail.
That's a really nice offer. I can send you the original photoshop file and/or a higher resolution image later today. I'll try to attach it to the post tonight. And if anyone wants to make changes then you are free to take that design.

Added the Adobe Illustrator vectorized file in my original post above, and an updated PNG image. I hope you can use that and feel free to fix/change it as you like.

We could change the title to anything people want:

RUN DOPEY RUN
DIS-DOPEY
I AM DOPEY

etc, etc, etc. Not sure what is the best one.

Added the Adobe Illustrator vectorized file in my original post above, and an updated PNG image. I hope you can use that and feel free to fix/change it as you like.

We could change the title to anything people want:

RUN DOPEY RUN
DIS-DOPEY
I AM DOPEY

etc, etc, etc. Not sure what is the best one.

Also, if people want years added, that's fine too. I left a field on the form for other changes.

OK - now that I'm back to the computer ... more Decal Details!

Again, they will be made of "permanent" vinyl, similar to other window decals. They are roughly 5x3 - similar to 26.2 magnets/vinyls.

Right now, I'm offering them in three colors - white, purple and lime green. If there is demand for another color, I'll order it. If you'd like an modifications (title, add the year, other color, etc.) please include that in the OTHER REQUESTS field on the form.

I'll be mailing them first-class (AKA plain old stamped mail), with a small instruction sheet on how to apply them for the surface you want.

If you want the decal for something smaller - like a wine glass/pint glass/coffee mug/YETI tumbler - mention that in the OTHER REQUESTS field and I can accommodate that as well. Just know that once the decal is applied, that item should be hand-washed the majority of the time to keep the integrity of the decal.

Again, they will be made of "permanent" vinyl, similar to other window decals. They are roughly 5x3 - similar to 26.2 magnets/vinyls.

Right now, I'm offering them in three colors - white, purple and lime green. If there is demand for another color, I'll order it. If you'd like an modifications (title, add the year, other color, etc.) please include that in the OTHER REQUESTS field on the form.

I'll be mailing them first-class (AKA plain old stamped mail), with a small instruction sheet on how to apply them for the surface you want.

If you want the decal for something smaller - like a wine glass/pint glass/coffee mug/YETI tumbler - mention that in the OTHER REQUESTS field and I can accommodate that as well. Just know that once the decal is applied, that item should be hand-washed the majority of the time to keep the integrity of the decal.

This is awesome, thank you!!

I'm back from DLH and have come to a conclusion that bums me out a bit. I have decided to skip my previously planned marathon in October to focus on feeling healthy and ready for Dopey. I think I mentioned here before that I had a small surgery in June. It wasn't running related but I was out of commission for over a month with running and the half this last weekend proved I was not ready for a full in a month. We had a ton of fun on the half taking our time and just enjoying and I could probably push myself through a full but I would really like to have a strong showing in my first non Disney full! I also don’t want to risk anything for Dopey since that is most important to me right now and want to do well there too. So that is where I’m at but I’m ready to jump full into my Dopey training and get ready for that. I’m actually feeling a bit of relief not worrying about the other full anymore at this point. There will be more races in the future!

I'm back from DLH and have come to a conclusion that bums me out a bit. I have decided to skip my previously planned marathon in October to focus on feeling healthy and ready for Dopey. I think I mentioned here before that I had a small surgery in June. It wasn't running related but I was out of commission for over a month with running and the half this last weekend proved I was not ready for a full in a month. We had a ton of fun on the half taking our time and just enjoying and I could probably push myself through a full but I would really like to have a strong showing in my first non Disney full! I also don’t want to risk anything for Dopey since that is most important to me right now and want to do well there too. So that is where I’m at but I’m ready to jump full into my Dopey training and get ready for that. I’m actually feeling a bit of relief not worrying about the other full anymore at this point. There will be more races in the future!

I think that sounds like a great mindset. Exciting!

I can relate to this. I had to defer Princess and Tink earlier this year due to an injury. It was so, so hard to make that decision, but once I did, I felt like you - I was relieved.

Now you don't have a time crunch or pressure to feel better quickly. I think you made a smart decision...best wishes for a healthy recovery. :thumbsup2

OMG this is awesome! I love the idea of one to put on a yeti or wine glass! Or both! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter