OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need cake advice!!!

I want to order a specialty cake celebrating our wedding/honeymoon for our trip in December, but I'm not sure what meal to couple it with.

Give a clueless groom some advice!

Here's our ADRs:

12/3 Ohana dinner
12/4
12/5 California Grill dinner
12/6 Le Cellier lunch
12/7
12/8
12/9 Raglan Road dinner
12/10 Beirgarten lunch
12/11 Kona Cafe breakfast
12/12 Jiko dinner
12/13 Trails End dinner
12/14 Ohana breakfast

We can add dinners on the 4th and 8th if we need to. We can't on the 7th since it's our All-Harry Potter day :lmao:

I was thinking I have a custom cake prepared for the California Grill dinner, but we love the desserts there usually, I'm afraid it would be too much. And forget about Ohana, because seriously, no cake ON EARTH is as delicious as that bread pudding.

What to do!?!?

I would say Cali Grill, too. Raglan Rd does their own cakes, but they told me that thay are 10 to 12 inch and would feed a lot of people.

I'd say the mini wedding cake decorated properly would be great for the two of you. They say it feeds one but I've had it feed four. And they're delicious.

Hi everyone :goodvibes

I was just wondering, are you able to order a cake at the GF and 'pick it up'?

Or could you have it delivered at the end of breakfast just so we could take it with us?

Or at the end of afternoon tea, again so we could take it with us?

I'm just curious because I'd prefer to take it back to the room as I was planning on decorating the room & the table etc.. for our anniversary and the cake would be a perfect addition.

At the moment we're not really planning on eating at the GF other than breakfast and afternoon tea - so that's why i'm asking such a weird question :laughing:

The GF bakery doesn't have a public storefront where you can go pick cakes up. I have *once* heard of someone being able to pick up a GF cake at Gasparilla Grill & Games. But it's totally no problem to get a cake delivered to any of the restaurants at the GF, and it doesn't matter if it's breakfast or tea or anything. Choosing to pick up at one of your GF restaurant reservations would be the path of least resistance... :thumbsup2

The GF bakery doesn't have a public storefront where you can go pick cakes up. I have *once* heard of someone being able to pick up a GF cake at Gasparilla Grill & Games. But it's totally no problem to get a cake delivered to any of the restaurants at the GF, and it doesn't matter if it's breakfast or tea or anything. Choosing to pick up at one of your GF restaurant reservations would be the path of least resistance... :thumbsup2

Brilliant :yay: I love it when a plan comes together ;) Thanks for the help :hug:

Hey all,

Is it possible to order a birthday cake at CSR? If it is, where exactly do I order it from - is it a must to do so by phone? I've heard of problems with the service.

Also, what kind of cakes can be ordered at CSR? Has anyone had any experience with their cakes? are they any good?

I want a bday cake for my husband, vanilla or chocolate cake with choc genash coating - is it possible at CSR?

THANKS Y'ALL

Brilliant :yay: I love it when a plan comes together ;) Thanks for the help :hug:

:teeth:

Is it possible to order a birthday cake at CSR? If it is, where exactly do I order it from - is it a must to do so by phone? I've heard of problems with the service.

Also, what kind of cakes can be ordered at CSR? Has anyone had any experience with their cakes? are they any good?

I want a bday cake for my husband, vanilla or chocolate cake with choc genash coating - is it possible at CSR?

All the answers are in post #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2 CSR makes its own cakes, so they are not like the kinds you see everywhere else on property. That post lists the choices. I am not a huge fan of their cakes because they use more of a whipped cream frosting than a buttercream frosting.

Newbie here, to the board and Disney in general. We are going at the end of September during the craziness of free dining. I've already planned our ADRs and I've lurked here since the beginning of the year. You guys are AWESOME! :thumbsup2

While we are in Disney my husband will celebrate his birthday and I wanted to have a special cake for him, he LOVES Phineas & Ferb, I have looked at the cake threads, but I didn't see a picture of one (I may have missed it) does anyone know if I could get a Phineas & Ferb cake anywhere at Disney? It doesn't have to be fancy and fondant, it could be buttercream with the 2D chocolate stuff.

I'll have more questions about our 1st night cake at Chef Mickey's a little later. I'm completely clueless, but I'm determined to become a Disney pro. With a 4.5 yo son and a 17 month old princess, I've got to get this down to a science :cheer2:

The best thing to do is to get a good idea of what you want first. Get some photos if possible, even if you just google Phineas & Ferb Cake. The more information you can give them when ordering, means it's less likely you will be disappointed when you get the cake. If you leave it up to them entirely you might be disappointed.

Newbie here, to the board and Disney in general. We are going at the end of September during the craziness of free dining. I've already planned our ADRs and I've lurked here since the beginning of the year. You guys are AWESOME! :thumbsup2

While we are in Disney my husband will celebrate his birthday and I wanted to have a special cake for him, he LOVES Phineas & Ferb, I have looked at the cake threads, but I didn't see a picture of one (I may have missed it) does anyone know if I could get a Phineas & Ferb cake anywhere at Disney? It doesn't have to be fancy and fondant, it could be buttercream with the 2D chocolate stuff.

I'll have more questions about our 1st night cake at Chef Mickey's a little later. I'm completely clueless, but I'm determined to become a Disney pro. With a 4.5 yo son and a 17 month old princess, I've got to get this down to a science :cheer2:

Cheesecake is not a standard option the way birthday cakes are, but each resort offers a variety of different desserts and treats. Use the phone numbers in Post 2 of this thread to contact the resort/park where you will be dining to ask if cheesecake is available.

Last year I ordered a custom cake for my gf and I on our 2 year anniversary at the California grill, I had talked to chef Bryan through email to get the details just right and he nailed it. We both said it was the most amazing cake we've ever had. This year I have reservations for our anniversary at yachtsman steakhouse and I want to get her another amazing cake, does anyone know who the chef is at the yachtclub? And if you're able to email details to them the same as chef Bryan?

No one at the Yacht & Beach Club has become known by name on this thread the way Chef Brian has, but the process is similar at Y&BC: Call Private Dining, get the email of the pastry chef or (more likely) the middleman and send them a description/photos of what you want. Just know that Y&BC has some of the highest cake prices on property. You may be paying more for the same size cake you got last time or be required to purchase a bigger cake than you got last time.

Has anyone managed to get a cake without artificial food dyes? My son will be bouncing off the walls if we give him a cake with them and he won't eat chocolate.

Kind of makes for a boring cake if all we could do is white on white...

Anyone have an idea for a cake for the runners in our party...
it needs to be vegan. Split stay AKV-Jambo-Club Level and OKW ?
Thanks for your ideas.

Has anyone managed to get a cake without artificial food dyes? My son will be bouncing off the walls if we give him a cake with them and he won't eat chocolate.

I'm glad that you asked. I've been wondering the same thing!

You could always do the fresh fruit type filling. I had strawberries with bavarian cream, it was good but made the white cake very sweet. :wave2:

I just talked to Pat and orders my DD birthday cake. White cake with white chocolate mouse. Pink fondant and red Minnie bows, some flower on top and I am mailing her the cake topper. The cost is 80.00 and I can not wait to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anyone had a good experience ordering a cake from AKL lately? The last few posts that I read weren't that great. I was just thinking about the Zebra cake since we don't have a particular occasion that we are celebrating but I would order something a little more substantial is I could do it in confidence.

It is my sons 21st birthday when we are at disney and the restaurant he has chosen to have his birthday meal is Teppan Edo. I have looked at the first page and if I order a cake from Teppan Edo it will be a standard cake. I would prefer a custom cake as his favourite character is Goofy. We are staying at Old Key West so I can have a cake delivered to our room from Boardwalk Inn, can anyone who has had one from there let me know their thoughts or is there somewhere I can collect a cake from on our way to Teppan. Any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter