• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called Cake hot line to order a Buzz cake for my sons 5th birthday on the 22nd at CP. Well I thought they were going to tell me I needed to get in touch with Chef Brian like all of you had said. They said they could do a 8inch cake with a picture of buzz in it and I had my choice of choc or white. and it was $47. I said ok, even though we were prepared to spend about $100.

Does anyone know what the cake will look like? I am assuming a 8 inch round cake with a print pic of buzz?

I just got off the phone a bit ago with GF private dining than the bakery. The price you quoted would be Buzz as an edible image. So if you like the edible image, than you are all set. :thumbsup2

I called in my cake request today for my DD's 4th birthday celebration in September. I called and spoke with Donna at GF as Pat is off on Mondays. She took down the basic information and said Pat will call back so we can discuss it in more detail. I'm leaving most of the decisions up to Pat, saying I want a girly girl cake with Ariel on it (not an edible image).

I will let you know it goes. :goodvibes

This is the cake we ordered for my DD's 16th birthday celebration at California Grill last week.

I contacted the cake hotline, which routed me to the CR, and said I wanted a mini wedding cake, and they told me to contact brian via e-mail, which I did, and he confirmed what I wanted, and I then went back to private dining at CR and placed the official order.

I requested a mini wedding cake in pastel green with edible flowers and butterflies in shades of blue and purple. It was vanilla cake with buttercream icing. It was gorgeous and pretty tasty, too, and DD was absolutely thrilled. The cost was $30, and we thought it was worth it for the special occasion. It was supposed to be only 1 serving, but we all had a few bites.

This is the only pic I have uploaded, will add more:

9a914f26.jpg

Meant to post this sooner, it is from April, 2010..... My DD's 10th birthday Tower of Terror cake ordered from the Grand Floridan Bakery. It was a yellow cake with fresh strawberry/Bavarian cream filling, butter cream frosting under chocolate fondant. We had dinner at the Kona Cafe, cake was delivered and ready for our celebration. I had asked for a couple of items to be added to cake, which were not part of the Tower of Terror theme, both were nicely incorporated into the design. The cake was moist, fresh and really good. My daughter loved it! The cost was around $80-$85 and well worth it. My contact at the Grand Floridan was Pat and she was great!

August2010147.jpg

Hi Everyone! I remember seeing a picture of a haunted mansion cake that someone had gotten from Brian at the contemporary, but i can't remember which thread it was in....it was a really elaborate cake and just amazing! does anyone know/remember where it was posted??

-Thanks!

Hi Everyone! I remember seeing a picture of a haunted mansion cake that someone had gotten from Brian at the contemporary, but i can't remember which thread it was in....it was a really elaborate cake and just amazing! does anyone know/remember where it was posted??

-Thanks!

I think it's in the original Cake Thread. This is part II. Search for the original. I saved it in my favorites, so if you can't find, I can post the address.:)

Does anyone know if Polynesian resort has a bakery in house? can I order the white chocolate mickey status from Polynesian?

Does anyone know how much is the chocolate mickey statue with strawberries on the side?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the Poly but if you go to the official cake chatter thread in this section you will find the phone number you can call about ordering a cake.I ordered one from the GF bakery. Price comes down to exactly what you want in the cake. What one person pays may not be the same for others.When my wife and I celebrated our 10 anni. last April I ordered a special cake to be served for dessert after dinner and it was supposed to be added to our dinner bill...($85)..well after I paid the check I noticed the cake wasn't added....I guess the waiter liked us enough to give us a present...and the silver platter it came on...:lmao:

110_2909.jpg

110_2908.jpg

I just ordered a custom pirate cake (saw it here and emailed the pic to the pastry chef!!) for my dad's birthday dinner at The Wave next month.

I gave my cc# to reserve the cake, but was told that it will be added to the dinner bill. Um, my old-fashioned parents not only won't let their (nearly middle aged) children buy dinner (thank God we're on the DxDDP!), they are going to choke when they see what I paid for dad's cake! :eek:

Has anyone dealt with this? Can I duck in ahead of everyone and pay at the podium before dad/mom see the price? Or, can I request a separate bill for the cake?

TIA! :)

Does anyone know if Polynesian resort has a bakery in house? can I order the white chocolate mickey status from Polynesian?

Does anyone know how much is the chocolate mickey statue with strawberries on the side?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Poly can do that for you. I don't believe they do custom cakes but they can do things like that. In 2006 I ordered a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from the Poly by calling Private Dining (I called in the evening to be delivered the next evening). When we got back to the room from the park the next day they were in the room. I don't have a picture but the presentation was beautiful! They had a marbled white chocolate conch shell filled with M&M's on the plate with other decorative chocolate pieces as well. I believe it was right under $40 with tax, delivery charge, and 18% gratuity. I would call Private Dining at the Poly and ask.

I just ordered a custom pirate cake (saw it here and emailed the pic to the pastry chef!!) for my dad's birthday dinner at The Wave next month.

I gave my cc# to reserve the cake, but was told that it will be added to the dinner bill. Um, my old-fashioned parents not only won't let their (nearly middle aged) children buy dinner (thank God we're on the DxDDP!), they are going to choke when they see what I paid for dad's cake! :eek:

Has anyone dealt with this? Can I duck in ahead of everyone and pay at the podium before dad/mom see the price? Or, can I request a separate bill for the cake?

I'm sure you can have the cake put on a separate bill but I'd mention that to them when you check in.

My DD will be 1 next Saturday. We wanted a cake delivered to CRT during our reservation at noon. I just got off the phone with the cake folks. The only questions she asked were pertaining to the size of the cake, flavor & the name to put on it. I have seen some uber-cool cakes on this thread and I can't get one delivered to CRT for a FIRST birthday? What did I do wrong?

Don't call the Cake Hotline - call the Contemporary Resort and speak to Private Dining. They can help you arrange to have a fancy cake made there and delivered to CRT.

We had 2 cakes done in March. Sorry it has taken so long to post them.

The first we had made in memory of my Dad. It was delivered to the Yachtsman from BW Bakery. It was GREAT! The sugar flowers were so detailed and the border at the bottom are actually edible pennies.

DSC00244-1-1.jpg

The second was from the GF bakery for DDs Bday. The cake was beautiful but the taste was less than up to par.

DSC00306-1-1.jpg

I would say you could ask your server to put it on a seperate bill.

We will be celebrating my daughter's birthday on our December trip. After reading all of the mixed reviews about the quality of cakes, I think I will just go with the slipper dessert since it seems pretty consistent. Can we only get it at GF and CRT?

Forgot to add this from our last trip: :flower3:

In lieu of a designer birthday cake since we were staying at POFQ and weren't doing any ADRs ... I chose to purchase a large dinner-plate-sized Mickey Head Rice Crispy treat from the Main Street Confectionary at MK. They had many on display - made fresh every day - and no need to pre-order. They ranged from around $11-16 depending on the amount of chocolate. (Sorry I don't remember the exact amount.)

March 2010
Main Street Confectionary, MK
around $16

IMG_1035.jpg

We will be celebrating my daughter's birthday on our December trip. After reading all of the mixed reviews about the quality of cakes, I think I will just go with the slipper dessert since it seems pretty consistent. Can we only get it at GF and CRT?

Correct. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter