Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if private dining at GF or CR will do a "cookie cake". I was less than thrilled with the flavor of our last cake and wondered if this was an option. We still would like custom decorations.

Here are the pictures of my brothers cake. We had it delivered to the room at Bay Lake Towers on our 2nd day of a 11 night trip and even with just three of us we ate all of it. The inside was chocolate with a raspberry mouse and i think the cost was around $125. Definitely worth it in our opinion. Sorry they are so big I couldn't figure out how to shrink them.
Disneysummer2010039.jpg

[/IMG]
Disneysummer2010032.jpg

Disneysummer2010038.jpg

AHHH! I keep changing my mind!
I was going to get a cake..changed my mind. Now I'm leaning towards a cake again. Debating between 6" or mini wedding cake to surprise my parents for their 25th Anniversary. They are having dinner at Narcoosee's that night. I'd probably prefer the mini-wedding, for the lower cost and avoiding a massive amount of leftovers.
Can I get either one of these in a carrot cake? (it's their favorite and what they had at their wedding)

The 1-tier mini wedding cake only comes in chocolate/chocolate mousse, vanilla/white chocolate mousse or cheesecake. The 2-tier mini wedding cakes come in most standard flavors, but they can't do german chocolate or carrot cake, unfortunately.

Can you get the chocolate slipper at any Disney restaurant? Does the slipper have to be preordered? Thanks!

You can only get it at Cinderella's Royal Table and the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. You need to pre-order it by calling the Cake Hotline.

I tried going on the disneyworld site to figure out how ordering a cake works but there isnt much help.

I see that there are cakes you can order and cakes that are avaiable at the restaurants. If you order one, will they deliver it to you at your resort, restaurant, how does that work?

and if you want to pick one up at a restaurant, how availble are they. I mean are you running the risk of getting to your reservation and there not being any cakes.

Help!

thanks

They'll make a cake specifically for you if you order it a couple of days in advance. They'll deliver a custom cake, or you can call the restaurant in advance and they'll have the cake for you when you arrive at your reservation. The key is to make sure they know ahead of time. Cal 407-827-2253 for more info on specialty cakes (that's the "cake line")

Can anyone clarify...I am looking to get a cake for a birthday at CRT, but seems they are limited to slipper dessert or a 6" podium cake or a 8" cake w/ edible image. They don't appear to be willing to do any customization or the mini 2-tier cakes. Is this right, or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated!

That's right. The only way to get anything out of the ordinary at CRT is to call Private Dining at the Contemporary and work with them to have something delivered to CRT.

Has anybody had a cake delivered to a pontoon boat? Do you know if they provide a box for you to carry it away? Thanks

Yes, they do. I had one delivered for our Wishes Cruise for DS's bday in 2008 out of WL. I did ask when I ordered if it would come with a box and she said they always do. It also came with plates, napkins, silverware, etc. But not candles or matches, I brought my own.

I just found out about this cake hotline and my reservations are for Aug22-Aug29th. I emailed Brian with a request....

Has anybody put a request in this late and was able to get a wonderful cake?

Its for my daughters 5th bday, her favorite is princess Tiana. I haven't seen any Tiana cakes yet, has anybody else?

Thanks for any info
Josie:rotfl:

Okay, so I've browsed around here and I don't know if I'm more or less confused, lol!

We are celebrating our daughter's 4th birthday and this is what I would like:

-Celebrating at 1900 Park Fare
-6 or 8- inch (5 adults and 4 small children, what do y'all think?)
-Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling
-Pale blue icing with white filigree swirls. I saw a cake like this, and I also saw one that was sprinkled with blue sugar crystals and the swags of white icing kind of created an appearance of white material draped over the sparkly blue part. This was gorgeous too!!
-Sugar or fondant flowers- something she could take off and bring back with her.
-My dream would be to have a little castle in the middle, is this possible? What else could go there?

My questions are many!! Who do I call? What could we expect this to cost? How on earth do I describe what I want- will they take a look at emailed pictures? When should I order- we leave in less than a month? Would the icing need tone fondant, to have it in light blue?

Thanks SO much, in advance!

What are the cake options if you eat in world showcase at Epcot? Can you get a custom cake in any of those restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter