***Official December 2017 thread!

Can you please update my hotel to the Poly?! So excited! First deluxe stay! :hyper:

Done and congrats!!! Do me a favor and come back and update us on your return! I always hear so many people say that once they go deluxe they can't do anything else but we have never ever encountered that! We have stayed club level (like this trip), regular deluxe, villas, mods and values and love to just find what fits the type of trip we are aiming for better! I am curious what your finding will be :)

Total People per resort listed:
All Stars - 2
Polynesian - 4
BWV/BW - 2
WLV/WL - 2
GF/VGF - 1
Contemporary/BLT - 4
POP - 1
AKL/AKV - 1
SSR - 1
CBR - 2
Dolphin - 1
Fort Wilderness 1

download.jpg
ALL ABOARD!!!

:santa:December Trip LIST ROLL CALL (Notify me of errors or changes Please):santa:

Karalecia26 - 11/25 - 12/2 - All Stars - DH, DD 12, DS 10, DD7 & parents
DNllmz - 11/25 - 12/3 - POLY? - DH, DS 6, DD 4
WithASmile&ASong
- 11/28 to 12/8 - BWV & WLV - DH, DS9,DS8,DD3
Sarahcgfr - 12/1 to 12/5 - Wilderness Lodge - DBF
Shairpdrh - 12/1 - 12/8 - BWV & VGF - DH, DD1, grandparents, Friend

Rasadkowski - 12/2 - 12/10 - Polynesian - DH, Dkids 7 & 5
FinleyD - 12/3 - 12/9 - Polynesian - DD, DGS 4 - Celebrating DGS FIRST TRIP!
Vrajewski10513 - 12/4 - 12/9 - Polynesian
DisneyMommyMichelle-12/5-12/15(DCL4DAYS)12/18-12/20-Contemporary Atrium Level-DH,DD12,DS11,DS10
BG_Disney - 12/8 - 12/16 - Contemporary - DSister - It's a Surprise!!!
Hurt817 - 12/9-12/13th - BLT - DH & DS16 DS12 Christmas@The World!

ItsJustRyan - 12/9 - 12/16 - POP - DW, DSs 8,6,4,2 & 9 month old
Grandma4ever - 12/9-12/18 - ASM - DW,DS,DN,DNBFF*30 years together celebration*
Twix516 - 12/10 - 12/16 - Contemporary - DH, Twin 3 year olds
CrystalDawn - 12/11 - 12/17 AKV/SSR - DD 13, DD 8, DS 6 - Birthday Celebration!
Hodad - 12/16 - 12/22 -CBR
DisCookieMonsta - 12/16 - 12/28- ? - DH, DD 13, DD 10, DS (twins) 1
DisneyMom20 - 12/18 -12/27 - Fort Wilderness
Mbvisitor - 12/26 to 1/2 - CBR - DH, DS, DD
TeresaWen - 12/28 to 1/3 - Dolphin - DH *Over NYE @ EPCOT*
updated 1/12/2017

Last edited:
castle-dream-lights-wet-main-street-620x413.jpg
Question of the Day!

What are you looking forward to MOST on your next trip to WDW?
------

We are looking forward to the new land in Animal Kingdom most and then to BTMR finally being reopened!! That was down forever!! LOL!!

Last edited:
Hi! Let me begin start by saying that the day we did MVMCP my kids were having an off day. We didn't do the parks that day but did go to Disney Springs for a little bit. They were pretty grumpy. We got into the parks around 4 and did some rides until 5:30. Then we got in line to see Nick and Judy. They came out pretty early so we waited maybe 45 minutes total. We took turns getting out of line to take the kids to the bathroom. After meeting Nick and Judy, we stopped for Cocoa and cookies then headed towards the castle to see the shows or look for a fireworks spot. It was packed. The kids watched the shows and then we went to look for a spot for the parade. Probably around 7. This is where we had the issues. We disagreed about where to go for the parade. On Main Street, it was already packed for people waiting for the parade. I wanted to walk to less crowded spots that I had read about either where the parade started (Frontierland) or towards the end near the flagpole. DH thought it was going to bad wherever we started and at that point we decided to stay put on Main Street and just try our best to see the parade. DD had fallen asleep by 7. I did see the parade okay but I really thought if i was in the other spots I would of had a much better seat. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be 4 rows deep on Main Street by 7pm for the 8:30 parade. After the parade, we went to Caseys to eat and ended up staying to watch the fireworks there. We left after the parade. DD slept through almost the entire party. DS didn't seem to be into it. I feel like I did all of this research but then freaked out when I saw how crowded it was. Like a deer in headlights moment. I heard from some other people that went the same night as us (12/13) and they had a great time. They all watched the 2nd parade instead of the 1st. We are going to skip it this year and do a couple of extras again. When the kids are a little older and can stay up a little later then I'd like to try it again.

I see that you went too. What did you guys do? I see that you did EMM, how did that go and which park? I was thinking about doing it in MK if it's still available.

I'm really looking forward to the new stuff in AK (Pandora World and Rivers of Lights). I've never seen Avatar but the new rides sound really cool and I'm sure the land would be really cool looking. I also just read about the Star Wars Nights and that would be so fun to go to. I know right now it's just one night announced but if they have anything like that when we go I'd love to do that.

Thanks so much for your reply! I completely understand what you mean about the parade viewing. We did the holiday wishes dessert party for that very reason. I was very hesitant because of the cost. There were 6 of us. But, we decided to do it for the very same reason. The idea of trying to find viewing for 6 of us on my own was stressing me out.
The viewing spot was great right by the flagpole, but we also did arrive pretty early to get a good spot in the reserved seating area. I think we were there at 730. So, there was still waiting involved. We went straight to the dessert party afterwards and left after the fireworks. So, in the end, we really only got to enjoy a half hour of the park's perks. 7-730. and most of that time was just walking across the park to get to the flagpole....so, not sure if I'd do it again for the cost of the party + dessert party.....
but
I LOVED EMM at Magic Kingdom. I feel so spoiled now with what we experienced if it is not offered this year. I just have to hope our week is one that has it scheduled :) We really only rode 7dmt over and over. The girls weren't too impressed with Peter Pan. Pooh is my daughter's favorite character, but I was a bit disappointed with the ride. She still loved it.
I cannot wait for Animal Kingdom! Hopefully River of Lights will be running!

Question of the Day!

------

We are looking forward to the new land in Animal Kingdom most and then to BTMR finally being reopened!! That was down forever!! LOL!!
This is such a hard question :) I can't wait to see Avatarland, too! But, I think I'm actually most looking forward to just staying at the Polynesian again. I grew up in Florida, and we would take day trips to wdw. I always loved seeing the Polynesian from the Monorail, and I always wanted to stay there. So, that was THE place we were going to stay when we went back! I'm excited to go again this year :)
.....but the Magic and what I look so forward to is truly in seeing the kids so excited and in awe of everything. I want them to stay little! Then again, I'm 36 and was still like a kid in a candy shop when I was in wdw :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your reply! I completely understand what you mean about the parade viewing. We did the holiday wishes dessert party for that very reason. I was very hesitant because of the cost. There were 6 of us. But, we decided to do it for the very same reason. The idea of trying to find viewing for 6 of us on my own was stressing me out.
The viewing spot was great right by the flagpole, but we also did arrive pretty early to get a good spot in the reserved seating area. I think we were there at 730. So, there was still waiting involved. We went straight to the dessert party afterwards and left after the fireworks. So, in the end, we really only got to enjoy a half hour of the park's perks. 7-730. and most of that time was just walking across the park to get to the flagpole....so, not sure if I'd do it again for the cost of the party + dessert party.....
but
I LOVED EMM at Magic Kingdom. I feel so spoiled now with what we experienced if it is not offered this year. I just have to hope our week is one that has it scheduled :) We really only rode 7dmt over and over. The girls weren't too impressed with Peter Pan. Pooh is my daughter's favorite character, but I was a bit disappointed with the ride. She still loved it.
I cannot wait for Animal Kingdom! Hopefully River of Lights will be running!

Looking back, I wish I would of booked the dessert party. But at the time I thought it was crazy to pay for MVMCP & the dessert party. I didn't realize how crowded MVMCP would be. I will definitely look into EMM if it's still available. We tend to do well in the mornings & nights are hit or miss. So EMM would be perfect for us.

Question of the Day!

------

Looking forward to too many things!
NYE fireworks at Epcot, CP, Christmas decorations, Avatarland, seeing if my kids will get on TOT this year!

Last edited:
I love reading what everyone is looking forward too, there are too many cool things about Disney World!! I love that we can go every year and sometimes twice a year and still find so many things to love about it!! I've been going since I was a kid and I love that all of my kids have been going since before they were born :)
My husband and I were even married in WDW, so yup we are a bit obsessed! LOL!!!

View attachment 214698
Question of the Day!

------

Definitely Avatar land. I really love the movies and can't wait to see them brought to life!

Also, since this is our first Christmas time visit, seeing the castle all lit up!

Done and congrats!!! Do me a favor and come back and update us on your return! I always hear so many people say that once they go deluxe they can't do anything else but we have never ever encountered that! We have stayed club level (like this trip), regular deluxe, villas, mods and values and love to just find what fits the type of trip we are aiming for better! I am curious what your finding will be :)
Normally we're value resort people lol Last trip we stayed at POFQ and it was great, just don't know if the extra money was justified for us. We don't spend much time in the room so we don't see a point in spending a lot of money on the hotel. But this trip we will be sharing a room with my BiL, SiL and nephew so we decided to go for a deluxe studio through DVC for the added space since there will be 5 of us in a room as opposed to the normal 2 for us. Plus with a 3 year old being on the monorail will definitely be a life saver those late nights that he falls asleep in the stroller at MK or Ep!

First I want to welcome all the newcomers. Really beginning to look like we will have an active thread which makes the planning and the wait that much more fun!!

So what am I looking forward to? First getting away and being back home at WDW. It has been too long. Second seeing all the changes made since 2012.

My Favorite Park has to be Magic Kingdom as that was the original Disney vision and that is followed very closely by all the rest.

Dinning options we are looking to do are:
Coral Reef
Tappan Edo
Prime Time
Mama Melrose
O Hana's
Yak N Yeti
Be my Guess
Liberty Tree Tavern

Not set but this is a start.

We are bringing my niece and a friend of hers. Hoping since they will be close to 20 years old at the time that the two of them will venture off on their own and connect with us for the evening dinner reservation. They will need to be in the same park as us because we are not doing park hopper this trip. But that will give the three older adults a chance to do what we want too!!!!

Can't wait!

I am finally getting around to posting my dining plans! So far we have:

Tusker House
Sanaa
Be Our Guest Breakfast (really unsure whether this one is worth it)
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Beaches and Cream
California Grill (date night while the kiddo is with the grandparents)

There are about 12 others that I would love to add, but we are trying to keep it to one a day at most since we have a big group and a kitchen in our villa. I may end up making a few extras at 180 days if I am being indecisive! I am also making a list of suggestions for my parents for a night out. I am thinking somewhere in the World Showcase or at the Grand Floridian.

Hello Everyone! Please add us to the list! This is going to be a girls only trip for myself, my mom and my DD who will be 5 by the time we go. We're going from Nov 29 to Dec 9 and will be staying at POR in a princess room. I plan on this being a total surprise for my daughter. It's going to be a wake her up and say let's go to Disney kind of morning. Other than booking the room I haven't really done much planning yet. For the first time ever we will be multiple trips within a year's period so I've been concentrating on our first trip which takes place in June.

I have a question for everyone that has partaken in all the holiday festivities before. While we have been to Disney multiple times we have never been during this holidays. Also there is a good chance that we won't get this opportunity again. We will definitely be doing MVMCP and I plan on taking a day to visit resorts to see all the holiday decorations. I'm also thinking we will do Hollywood & Vine for dinner to see the characters in their holiday attire. What I am totally unsure of is the Candlelight Processional. I mean I've heard really good things about it, but I have also heard that for some it can be very dry. What are people's thoughts for a 5 year old? Is this something we should do? Or is this something that will be over her head and is not worth planning to do? Thoughts???

Ooooo I love seeing dining plans!!! I'm hoping everyone had a wonderful weekend and welcome aboard to our newbies joining us today!!! Happy Monday everyone!!!

Question of the Day:
How do you countdown to your trip?

--------

Normally we paper chain it by months, weeks and days when we get to the 200 mark. The years that we are doing a cruise, we use their app as well to help us mark our cruising countdown!

So what am I looking forward to? First getting away and being back home at WDW. It has been too long. Second seeing all the changes made since 2012.

My Favorite Park has to be Magic Kingdom as that was the original Disney vision and that is followed very closely by all the rest.

Dinning options we are looking to do are:
Coral Reef
Tappan Edo
Prime Time
Mama Melrose
O Hana's
Yak N Yeti
Be my Guess
Liberty Tree Tavern

Can't wait!

Oh how fun travelling with your niece and a friend, I love going with older 'kids'! Isn't is amazing when you go and see the changes from the last time? When we go yearly it's still a difference, I think that is such a fun part! We always talk about the 'old days' and what used to be where too! LOL!!

Coral Reef and Teppan Edo are DELISH, excellent choices with 'entertainment' too!
Prime Time always makes me laugh and sometimes I get a bit embarrassed! HAHAHA!
MM and Ohana are old school favorites for dinner for us!!
Y&Y is sooo good, I could eat there every night!!!
BOG is one we do every year, but usually for breakfast and LTT is my husband's underappreciated favorite!! Such good choices!

I have a question for everyone that has partaken in all the holiday festivities before. While we have been to Disney multiple times we have never been during this holidays. Also there is a good chance that we won't get this opportunity again. We will definitely be doing MVMCP and I plan on taking a day to visit resorts to see all the holiday decorations. I'm also thinking we will do Hollywood & Vine for dinner to see the characters in their holiday attire. What I am totally unsure of is the Candlelight Processional. I mean I've heard really good things about it, but I have also heard that for some it can be very dry. What are people's thoughts for a 5 year old? Is this something we should do? Or is this something that will be over her head and is not worth planning to do? Thoughts???

Ahhhh...good question and it all depends on what type of 5 year old you have! My kids all loved it and have been 4 times. I believe the youngest we took one was 4 and then after that they were around 6 or 7. At the same time, I have quiet kids that love concerts, enjoy reading and don't watch TV. LOL!! They are now 9, 11 and 12 and still are wanting to go. My youngest is the wild one and even he was mesmerized but it all!

I am finally getting around to posting my dining plans! So far we have:

Tusker House
Sanaa
Be Our Guest Breakfast (really unsure whether this one is worth it)
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Beaches and Cream
California Grill (date night while the kiddo is with the grandparents)

There are about 12 others that I would love to add, but we are trying to keep it to one a day at most since we have a big group and a kitchen in our villa. I may end up making a few extras at 180 days if I am being indecisive! I am also making a list of suggestions for my parents for a night out. I am thinking somewhere in the World Showcase or at the Grand Floridian.

Ohhhh the Sanaa bread service is one of my favorite things in restaurants ever!!! Beaches is so so so good and fun and California Grill is one of our favorites! I know what you mean about wanting to add more and more, there are just too many places that I want to eat at.

I love reading all the menus from the places ahead of time, the bad thing is that my mind changes so often that it drives my husband crazy! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter