*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

My adr's were so easy this morning. So easy, I have checked to make sure they are still there. The only time that I didn't get on the dot was T-Rex. I even got Be Our Guest lunch and Ohana dinner.
I had been reading all the difficulty the last few weeks and was prepared for craziness especially with free dining.
I hope everyone has the same pixie dust I did!
Yep same here. Today was "the big day" for us too. Booked all 9 days without any trouble at all. I've been reading about all the trouble people have been having with the website on their ADR mornings so I was expecting to have to call at 7am. I scored all the hard-to-gets without any trouble at all. I'm kind of surprised because Dec.10th was the first day of Free Dining for that month so I was expecting limited availability.

Yep same here. Today was "the big day" for us too. Booked all 9 days without any trouble at all. I've been reading about all the trouble people have been having with the website on their ADR mornings so I was expecting to have to call at 7am. I scored all the hard-to-gets without any trouble at all. I'm kind of surprised because Dec.10th was the first day of Free Dining for that month so I was expecting limited availability.

I got the BOG breakfast and dinner no problem, along with Cinderella's Royal table for an 8:05 breakfast and Ohana for dinner. Only thing I couldn't get was Akerhaus for any time on any day of our trip (12/10-12/15). I have read some things about this one having tickets held back possibly, so wondering if that's the issue. Did anyone else score reservations there during that time frame?

I got the BOG breakfast and dinner no problem, along with Cinderella's Royal table for an 8:05 breakfast and Ohana for dinner. Only thing I couldn't get was Akerhaus for any time on any day of our trip (12/10-12/15). I have read some things about this one having tickets held back possibly, so wondering if that's the issue. Did anyone else score reservations there during that time frame?
I didn't try for Akershus. Keep trying, last week it looked like some things were not loading in the system until later in the morning

I didn't try for Akershus. Keep trying, last week it looked like some things were not loading in the system until later in the morning

I just set up a touring plans reservation finder alert for breakfast and dinner through the whole trip. I'm sure it'll work out. My girls are hoping to meet as many princesses as possible :)

My adr's were so easy this morning. So easy, I have checked to make sure they are still there. The only time that I didn't get on the dot was T-Rex. I even got Be Our Guest lunch and Ohana dinner.
I had been reading all the difficulty the last few weeks and was prepared for craziness especially with free dining.

If you call T-Rex directly, they will most likely have the exact time you were looking for. I had the same problem.

I had a weird and rough time with ADRs today. First, several times when a search (apparently) failed, instead it set me up to book an appointment for TODAY. I even booked one by mistake. And, of course, you cannot cancel reservations so close in. (I was able to reschedule that reservation to a few days from now, and then cancel it... I hope that works to avoid getting charged.)

Not having AK evening hours is annoying. One reason we're going for this weekend trip is to see the new evening attractions at AK. We cannot even book dining reservations, because they all at before dinnertime.

And this far out we don't know if Tables in Wonderland will be accepted at either Tiffins or Skipper's Cafe. I've booked both assuming that they will start offering the discount before December. Otherwise we'll be scrambling to change things around as we get closer. I actually booked Skipper's Cafe for both lunch and dinner because, quite frankly, I don't like any of the other choices, and assuming that they offer the discount, I'd be happy to eat there twice.
This happened to me this morning as well! I booked a dinner for tonight. It did let me cancel it a little while after I booked it. I'm hoping that means I won't get charged. Do you think we should call and talk to someone about it?

Agree, we got everything we wanted. I got a PPO BOG breakfast and a BOG lunch, Tusker house 10:30 breakfast/lunch, Akershus dinner, etc. I call it a success! I was worried too!

I got an Akershus dinner for 12/15. That was the first one I tried since I read about availability issues.

This happened to me this morning as well! I booked a dinner for tonight. It did let me cancel it a little while after I booked it. I'm hoping that means I won't get charged. Do you think we should call and talk to someone about it?

I accidentally did this when I didn't know about the ADR window thing before. I had to call dining reservations and the CM canceled it for me and removed the 10 dollars pp cancellation charge without any issues. They probably have this issue more often than not, lol.

I got an Akershus dinner on 12/12.

Sounds like everyone made out great! My TA got me everything I wanted. The only thing I would like is a Mama Melrose Fantasmic package but that hasn't come out yet. Right now I have a 3pm reservation there because they didn't have anything later. I'm also hoping to move back my Whispering Canyon reservation a little bit. If nothing opens up then no big deal. Also if fantasmic doesn't work out, I'm fine with that.

I'm psyched that she was able to get me a PPO BOG, CRT dinner & Akershus dinner. Those were the 3 I was most worried about. She also surprised me with a beaches & cream reservation for a late afternoon ice cream break on our Epcot Day. I didn't realize how close it was to Epcot. Now I just need to decide if we should get the kitchen sink or if I should get myself the No Way Jose. Decisions decisions.

She also surprised me with a beaches & cream reservation for a late afternoon ice cream break on our Epcot Day. I didn't realize how close it was to Epcot. Now I just need to decide if we should get the kitchen sink or if I should get myself the No Way Jose. Decisions decisions.
We booked a Beaches & Cream for 8:30pm. Our family of 4 will be having the kitchen sink and we are determined to finish it!!:crazy2:

Does anyone know what time Illuminations starts? I'm thinking we'll be so close after B&C that it might be perfect timing. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
On the spreadsheet my TA made me she has 930 for illuminations for every night I'm staying 12/10-12/16) but has TBD on the 17th. Not sure how accurate her times are.

My love for all things peanut butter & chocolate is making me lean towards to no way Jose but the kitchen sink just looks so darn cool. Maybe we need a 2nd reservation.

We booked a Beaches & Cream for 8:30pm. Our family of 4 will be having the kitchen sink and will are determined to finish it!!:crazy2:

Does anyone know what time Illuminations starts? I'm thinking we'll be so close after B&C that it might be perfect timing. Any thoughts?

My love for all things peanut butter & chocolate is making me lean towards to no way Jose but the kitchen sink just looks so darn cool. Maybe we need a 2nd reservation.

If you guys like sweets with your Illuminations, might I suggest hanging out at Karamelle Kuche before the show and load up on caramel covered goodies that you could indulge in while watching the show

If you guys like sweets with your Illuminations, might I suggest hanging out at Karamelle Kuche before the show and load up on caramel covered goodies that you could indulge in while watching the show

Sounds good to me!!! I love my sweets & I will put this on my must do list.

I accidentally did this when I didn't know about the ADR window thing before. I had to call dining reservations and the CM canceled it for me and removed the 10 dollars pp cancellation charge without any issues. They probably have this issue more often than not, lol.
I called just to make sure I wouldn't get charged the fee. She said she saw one for June 18 that was canceled, but nothing for today. Strange. Guess there was some little bug in the system. She said if I see any charges pop up, just let them know and they'll fix it.

Just being nosey :) I love checking to see what ADR's are still open. How is it 12:20 ET and CRT still has breakfast openings??

I was really surprised to see a lot of posts in FB groups & on here that people had no problems making ADRs the last few days. There were so many posts a few weeks ago with people upset that I was really nervous.

After 2 days at the local Swimclub this weekend, we decided we need to try to take a midday break each day unless dd falls asleep in the stroller. Yesterday she passed out on the couch at 4:30pm & didn't wake up till almost 5am this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter