*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Change of resorts, dates the same.. Should be the last time unless POR gets a nice RO that POFQ doesn't get
SOO
December 1st-7th at POFQ Garden View!! Not sure how it happened, but the group decided this would be the best for us. We have two rooms, over a Lion King Suite, which means.. no sleeper sofa for me!

OK..I'll play along!

2 ROOMS
CBR 15 DEC/23 DEC

Bookended by
USO
Cabana Bay
12 DEC/14 DEC
and
USO
Royal Pacific
24 DEC/25 DEC

There's virtually no chance these are set in stone!!!

El Rio del Tiempo...The River of Time. I love Donald and Co, but I was a superfan of the old version, lol!! I need a #neverforget shirt for that and for Maelstrom!!

That's right. I was over-thinking it and delving too much into my high school Spanish. And I too will be missing Maelstrom. Was always a "must do." Even when I was a kid. But that was because it was funny to tease my little sister that we were going to fall out the window.

Officially here! Me, DH,DM, and DD(2) at CSR Dec 10-17. My daughter's first trip.
Can't wait to start the pixie dust brainwashing-not that I already have ;-)
Now to agonize over hours, dining, and fastpasses, which to me is so much fun!

We are at CSR 12/11-18!

Just did a little tweaking to my PTR. If you want to see or follow along, CLICK HERE

Also, I DM'd the moderator that usually creates the monthly "Cancelled ADR's" threads. They said that they will probably have 1 made by June. So, if you don't get all the ADR's that you wanted, keep an eye out for that thread.

Some Art of Animation rooms opened up so we'll be doing a split stay now. Pop Nov 29-Dec 3 AoA Dec 3-10. My daughter (5) is going to squeal for 6 months.

And after our brief flirtation with the FD promotion, we have changed AGAIN and used the pin/UOC code I got for 30% off instead. An hour on hold got us a break of about $1200, and we got to keep our water view at the Boardwalk, and kept our arrival date of 12/17!
Feeling like a winner, LOL!!
Now...no more changes for us!!

Ok, first page travelers log updated again with our new friends!! Free dining grew our group! If I missed anyone or typed something in wrong, just let me know!

:welcome: everyone!!

And after our brief flirtation with the FD promotion, we have changed AGAIN and used the pin/UOC code I got for 30% off instead. An hour on hold got us a break of about $1200, and we got to keep our water view at the Boardwalk, and kept our arrival date of 12/17!
Feeling like a winner, LOL!!
Now...no more changes for us!!

Hope to see you there- checking into the Dolphin on the 18th!

Ok, first page travelers log updated again with our new friends!! Free dining grew our group! If I missed anyone or typed something in wrong, just let me know!

:welcome: everyone!!

I feel so lonely. :sad1: There is NO ONE staying at POR during our stay. And here I was hoping to bump into a DIS'er or 2 at River Roost and listen to Yee Haw Bob. Maybe Rickat96 will take a stroll over from POFQ. If you do... If you should HAPPEN to bring some beignets, 1st round is on me.

Good morning,
Well DD has stated very adamantly that she does NOT want to go to AK. Which is fine with me - it's the park I'm the least interested in (I really only wanted to go for Tusker House). So we're playing with our schedule. Days can flip flop based on availability of the Pirate adventure cruise and EMH:

Dec 2 - Arrival day, dinner Boardwalk pizza window
Dec 3 - HS rope drop for Jedi training sign up, TSMM, other rides and shows, lunch at 50s prime time, go back to hotel, dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) and hopefully star wars fireworks (can you do both?)
Dec 4 - Pirate Adventure cruise for DD from Yacht club, late start to Epcot to do "less popular" attractions. Possibly Behind the Seeds tour at The Land which my daughter is very interested in. Illuminations. Trying to decide where to eat...maybe dinner at Garden Grill and lunch at Sunshine Seasons?
Dec 5 - Epcot (International showcase) - Akershus PPO breakfast, Frozen stuff, lunch at Katsura Grill, break, dinner at ? was thinking Liberty Inn
Dec 6 - Epcot/MVMCP (Future world) - Cape May breakfast, RD, Lunch at Sunshine Seasons, break back to hotel, head to MK for MVCP, dinner at Pinnochio Haus (quick meal so we don't miss too much!)
Dec 7 - MK day 1 - 7:30am Ohana breakfast so we can make it to RD, BOG lunch, break, Columbia Harbour House dinner
Dec 8 - MK day 2 - Breakfast in room, RD, Lunch at Cosmic Rays, Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Dec 9 - departure day (early morning)

So with an extra half day freed up in the schedule, would you choose to spend at Epcot, MK, or HS? We're already planning 2 full days + MVMCP at MK and had 1 1/2 days planned at Epcot. That's why I'm thinking we add the extra half day back to Epcot. I think HS can be done in one day if we go for rope drop?

Good morning,
Well DD has stated very adamantly that she does NOT want to go to AK. Which is fine with me - it's the park I'm the least interested in (I really only wanted to go for Tusker House). So we're playing with our schedule. Days can flip flop based on availability of the Pirate adventure cruise and EMH:

Dec 2 - Arrival day, dinner Boardwalk pizza window
Dec 3 - HS rope drop for Jedi training sign up, TSMM, other rides and shows, lunch at 50s prime time, go back to hotel, dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) and hopefully star wars fireworks (can you do both?)
Dec 4 - Pirate Adventure cruise for DD from Yacht club, late start to Epcot to do "less popular" attractions. Possibly Behind the Seeds tour at The Land which my daughter is very interested in. Illuminations. Trying to decide where to eat...maybe dinner at Garden Grill and lunch at Sunshine Seasons?
Dec 5 - Epcot (International showcase) - Akershus PPO breakfast, Frozen stuff, lunch at Katsura Grill, break, dinner at ? was thinking Liberty Inn
Dec 6 - Epcot/MVMCP (Future world) - Cape May breakfast, RD, Lunch at Sunshine Seasons, break back to hotel, head to MK for MVCP, dinner at Pinnochio Haus (quick meal so we don't miss too much!)
Dec 7 - MK day 1 - 7:30am Ohana breakfast so we can make it to RD, BOG lunch, break, Columbia Harbour House dinner
Dec 8 - MK day 2 - Breakfast in room, RD, Lunch at Cosmic Rays, Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Dec 9 - departure day (early morning)

So with an extra half day freed up in the schedule, would you choose to spend at Epcot, MK, or HS? We're already planning 2 full days + MVMCP at MK and had 1 1/2 days planned at Epcot. That's why I'm thinking we add the extra half day back to Epcot. I think HS can be done in one day if we go for rope drop?
How do you know the Pirate Adventure schedule? I've been obsessively looking for it!

As for the HS day- I keep going back and forth of if we should hop to Epcot or just go back to the resort for a few hours. Yes, I do think you can do HS in 1 day though

For those that put out their itineraries and asked for feedback. I noticed a lot of TS, sometimes 2-3 per day. That's a lot of time sitting down at a table. If that's your thing, perfect. If not, well, that's a lot of time sitting down at a table :)
I've never done TS restaurants in WDW before - my last trip was back in 1993! :eek:
This time we are traveling with DD6 and while DH and I love sit down restaurants, we're not sure how she's going to handle it. Almost all of ours are Character meals except for 50s prime time (but DD really wants to do that one - i hope we get a table with a TV!) so she'll be okay. We're planning to use the dining plan (pretty sure!) so we want to make sure we use up our TS credits :) The only day we double up on TS is in HS where we do 50s prime time and Mama Melrose (for Fantasmic). Although they aren't character meals, we hope that there will be something to do (I usually throw in colouring/activity books in my bag for DD). I think it might be nice to just sit down and relax over a good meal after all that walking!

How do you know the Pirate Adventure schedule? I've been obsessively looking for it!

As for the HS day- I keep going back and forth of if we should hop to Epcot or just go back to the resort for a few hours. Yes, I do think you can do HS in 1 day though

I don't know the schedule. I'm going post on the board...I'm sure someone here knows! I think it's offered a few times a week but not sure what days and how early we can book it.

We are also planning to do a break in HS...we'll do rope drop, do the must do things in the morning, have lunch, head back to BC for pool/nap time, and then head back for our dinner reservation for Fantasmic. Which I'm starting to worry about now because I read somewhere that they schedule your dinner at Fantasmic for really weird times like 3:45pm?

Oy just checked. I think we might do Mama Melrose for lunch with Fantasmic package and then 50s prime time for dinner.

I don't know the schedule. I'm going post on the board...I'm sure someone here knows! I think it's offered a few times a week but not sure what days and how early we can book it.

We are also planning to do a break in HS...we'll do rope drop, do the must do things in the morning, have lunch, head back to BC for pool/nap time, and then head back for our dinner reservation for Fantasmic. Which I'm starting to worry about now because I read somewhere that they schedule your dinner at Fantasmic for really weird times like 3:45pm?
I did the H&V F! dinner package in September, you choose the time. As far as the pirate adventure cruise- it is a few times per week, but at different resorts. I'm wanting it out of the GF preferably on 12/6..completely wishful thinking..but maybe it can happen?! I think you can book it 180 days in advance. We stayed at Poly last time and they stopped there (the GF one)- my son was so disappointed that he wasn't on it. I was unable to get a reservation, I booked that trip 65 days in advance...I tried other resorts and found one available at POR or something (one of the resorts in that area), and it just didn't mesh logistically with our plans.

We will do the F! dinner package again, same place for Minnie's holiday dine. Hoping for @ a 5pm dinner. The best thing about that package is-- you don't have to show up early to Fantasmic!!! People were going in 90-60 minutes early..we rode ToT over and over until going back there maybe 20 minutes before show time.

We will do the F! dinner package again, same place for Minnie's holiday dine. Hoping for @ a 5pm dinner. The best thing about that package is-- you don't have to show up early to Fantasmic!!! People were going in 90-60 minutes early..we rode ToT over and over until going back there maybe 20 minutes before show time.

That sounds fantastic! and the fact that it's only 1 TS credit on DDP makes it even better! Plus that restaurant actually has food my DD will eat (picky eater!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter