*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Hi everyone. Out trips are getting closer!! I am starting to pick out ADR too. I had a couple questions.

1. Has anyone done mickeys backyard BBQ? Would older kids like it?
2.Is MVMCP worth it if you might have to leave by 9p.m.?
3.Are the water parks in the same refurbishment schedule every year? For instance when we go TL would be open?
4.This might be a better question on the disability forum, but if we need extra pillows at the hotel would we be able to (sensory seeking issues)?

Thanks! Happy planning
1. No. They may, its Disney after all!
2. No. All of the best entertainment begins at 9pm. Would it be possible to have a long afternoon nap prior to the party?
3. Most likely TL will be open. When Disney releases the park hours for December in May, you'll know then.
4. Yes, you could call and have them make a note on the reservation and then remind them again when you check in to your resort.

I can't speak to the other questions; but when it comes to MVMCP, you'd have to ask, what you want to get out of it? Here's the itinerary from last yr's courtesy of allears.

Times of 2015 MVMCP shows, parade and fireworks:
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade: 8:15 and 10:30 PM (begins in Frontierland)

A Frozen Holiday Wish 6:15pm and 8:00pm Cinderella Castle Stage

Celebrate the Magic Castle Show 9:15pm

Holiday Wishes Fireworks: 9:30 PM

"A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas" Show: 7:45, 8:40, 9:45, 10:40 & 11:35 PM

"Celebrate The Season" Show: 7:30, 10:05 & 11:20 PM

Character Meet & Greets: 7:00 - 11:30 PM

Voiceplay (a capella holiday concert): Rockettower Plaza Stage at 8:10, 9:05, 10:10 and 11:05

Holiday Hootenanny dance party (Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland): 7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Club Tinsel dance party (Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland): 7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Looking at the times of the different events, you'd be able to see the parade, but miss out on the fireworks (which are amazing and usually narrated by Jiminy Cricket). You will see lighting of the Castle though. And you'll also have plenty of time for the dance parties and shows, if you want. Meet n greets might be tight because lines form quick. Plus, if you choose, you can save a day's worth of a park ticket, because they begin letting people with MVMCP tix in at 4pm.

Hi everyone. Out trips are getting closer!! I am starting to pick out ADR too. I had a couple questions.

1. Has anyone done mickeys backyard BBQ? Would older kids like it?
2.Is MVMCP worth it if you might have to leave by 9p.m.?
3.Are the water parks in the same refurbishment schedule every year? For instance when we go TL would be open?
4.This might be a better question on the disability forum, but if we need extra pillows at the hotel would we be able to (sensory seeking issues)?

Thanks! Happy planning
1. I loved it, but I think kids over 10 may not be crazy about it. There is wonderful character interaction and plenty of food.
2. Do no go to MVMCP if you have to leave by 9:00; the fun has just begun by then!
3. TL is wonderful!
4. Just call the front desk and ask for more pillows and they will bring them to you.

Hi Folks. We are joining all of you on the December 2016 thread as we have just booked for Dec 29 - Jan 2 for a quick Disney / Universal trip prior to our NCL cruise. There will be 6 of us and given rates at this time of year are high, I ended up booking 2 rooms at Art of Animation this time, one room for my wife & I and the other room for the 4 somewhat grown kids (they are all at least 21). Our initial plans are fly in Dec 29 and book a nice dinner somewhere, Dec 30 at Universal, NYE at Epcot, Jan 1 at MK, and then we head off to the cruise Jan 2. This will be our first time at Disney for the holidays and we know it will be busy but that was also part of the attraction....just come and have some fun before we relax (or not) on the cruise.... Happy planning!

Last edited:
We just booked Dec. 15-22 at POP, and I'm so excited! Got our annual passes, since we'll be going back again in summer 2017, but I do love Christmas at Disney. My daughter is old enough now to understand that we will be doing a trip instead of loads of presents she doesn't really need, so that makes it nice. Really looking forward to this one. It has been too long since we've been!

Hello. My Name is Sean... And I am a Disney-aholic.

I needed my mouse fix SO bad last night. And it came in the form of the DisBlog live streaming of Illuminations. But that wasn't enough for me. No. *deep siiiiiiiigh* Immediately after the show, I went to another site, and watched the Castle lighting from last year. *sob*

I'm a grown man. I should be strong enough to resist such temptation. But no. I doubled down. I feel so... I feel sooooooo.......

Wait a minute. I do not see a downside to any of this. The live streaming was great (though the camera timing was off from time to time) and seeing the Castle lighting and show that goes with it just whets my appetite for the upcoming trip.

Never mind. Go about your day.

So we had MVMCP dates up and now they are gone. If what was up is correct, here are the dates:
screen-shot-2016-03-23-at-22-36-33-png.157877

The dates are back up on the site now, and have been since last night. It was probably just a cache/server upload thing, the way we saw them coming and going last night.

How are you guys getting there? I tried clicking the events page and the MK page and on both of them they said that there is no schedule yet. Do you have a link?

Earlier today I could see the dates on the website, now it just says to "Check back closer to the holiday season." :(

When do tickets usually go on sale? We've never been, and wasn't expecting it to still be going on when we get there, but if the previously listed dates are accurate, it might work out!

I'll be back later to catch up on the thread and add any new arrivals if I need to!

So excited to see that the dates for MVMCP are extended to the 22nd, and I think tickets go on sale in April. Of course, this means we have to buckle down and plan our park days, which I've been avoiding for some reason. Still mad at myself for bad planning and having to make ADRs on our last night in California!!

Happy Friday, all!!

Earlier today I could see the dates on the website, now it just says to "Check back closer to the holiday season." :(

When do tickets usually go on sale? We've never been, and wasn't expecting it to still be going on when we get there, but if the previously listed dates are accurate, it might work out!
Last year it was April 8th, but the dates were released in February.

I'm going to take an educated guess and say they'll be available for booking in May. But, I'm hoping for April! :)

Hi! My name is Rebecca and we will be leavin for Disney Christmas Day evening!

It is a surprise for DD9 and DS2. We plan on telling them about the trip at thanksgiving, but we are also going to Universal for two days and our DD will find that out with a gift Christmas morning. She doesn't think we can go there until our DS is 6 or 7 so she will be super surprised and over the moon as she is a huge Harry Potter fan.

We will leave on 12/25 and arrive in Orlando in 12/26 (driving from Texas) go to universal on 12/27 and 12/28. Legoland on 12/29 and then staying at art of animation and doing Disney from 12/3 - 1/7.

Doing the DDP and doing almost all TS as character meals. So excited for this trip!

Hello and :welcome: to the December 2016 planning thread!!

Here's my original post to start the thread, way back in August 2015:

Hello and welcome!!

I searched through the Happy Dance board and didn't see an official December thread yet, so...here we are!

Has anyone else booked a trip for 12/16 yet??? Surely I'm not the only early bird.

Only 488 days left...no big deal, LOL!!

That was forever ago, and we're all within a year of our trip now, Woohoo!!

Please jump right in and join the party!

December Travel Dates:

constantstar 11/27 - 12/3
dinomama 11/28 - 12/10
1437disney 11/28 -12/11 CS
LadyRayado 11/29 - 12/5 Pop
Momfoaj 11/30 - 12/8 AoA
Pigletgirl 11/30 - 12/9 AKL- Kidani
thetallone101 12/1 - 11 OKW
kjblovesdisney 12/2 - 6
adennis0421 12/2 - 12/9 AoA
Mintycake 12/2 - 12/9 BC
Yahweh 12/2 - 9 TBD
CynBeth 12/2 - 11 YC
Huggups 12/2 - 14 OKW/??
JoEllen 12/3 - 10 Boardwalk
TAK 12/3 - 10 ASMo
yeheyprincex2 12/3 - 10
LBlovesM&WDW 12/3 - 13 WL
princesskaycee 12/3 - 13 ASMo
Jayme666 12/4 - 10 TBD
WIBadgergirl 12/4 - 11 Poly
Candycane83 12/4 - 12 AKL/CR
Scrooge's Accountant 12/4 - 12 WL
pagek83 12/5 - 8 WL
HomeSweet Disney 12/5 - 13
BumbleB 12/5 - 14 BWV
BDL 12/6 - 15 POR
bearybubba 12/7 - 11 POP
Sdolores 12/7 - 11 GF
Grandma4Ever 12/9 - 10
Barney Fife 12/10 - 18 FW
DVCJen 12/11 - 15 VWL
Bethislucy 12/11 - 16 Pop
BelleChick 12/11 - 18 AKL
cpbrooks90 12/14 - 20
SJSloan 12/16 - 23 CBR
Kellyh123 12/16 - 23 Pop/AKV
gtpoohbear 12/17 - 21 Ft. Wilderness
#1eeyoregirl 12/17 - 26 AKL
xlsm 12/18 - 23 Boardwalk
jzuzphreek 12/19 - 26 WL
jimjenkids 12/21 - 26 POR
budcollector 12/22 - 27 Pop
dvcminnie2532 12/27 - 31 AKL
clawdya 12/27 - 1/2 POFQ
momof2gr8kids 12/29 - 1/1 Pop/AKV
ibelieveinmagic 12/29 - 1/8
leshunlenese 12/30 - 1/2
Arctic Stamp Queen 12/30 - 1/9 AoA
Hagridxox65
hunterfaimly

I went through and added anyone with dates, but there's a good chance I missed someone!

If you'd like to be added or removed, or need info changed, just let me know and I'll fix it asap!

Happy planning, Friends!

December 3-6 CR. :)

Hi! My name is Rebecca and we will be leavin for Disney Christmas Day evening!

It is a surprise for DD9 and DS2. We plan on telling them about the trip at thanksgiving, but we are also going to Universal for two days and our DD will find that out with a gift Christmas morning. She doesn't think we can go there until our DS is 6 or 7 so she will be super surprised and over the moon as she is a huge Harry Potter fan.

We will leave on 12/25 and arrive in Orlando in 12/26 (driving from Texas) go to universal on 12/27 and 12/28. Legoland on 12/29 and then staying at art of animation and doing Disney from 12/3 - 1/7.

Doing the DDP and doing almost all TS as character meals. So excited for this trip!
Oh my goodness your kids will be thrilled! That sounds like a wonderful trip!
I am taking my son on our first Disney Cruise, (his first cruise ever!) on 11/26. I haven't told him yet..still figuring out when/how. We are staying at the Contemporary after the cruise..and that is going to be a complete surprise. I'm still debating how I can sneak our elf on the shelf on the trip, and maybe "Luke" will tell him on the last morning. We'll see :)

Reactions: TAK
:):)

I feel ya...we're 466 days away (I had to go check!). All I want to do is research December visits, when what I really need to do is focus on things that aren't as far away, like Disneyland next summer. We're hopefully making a trip to the Grand Canyon over spring break...I really want that trip to come to fruition because all of this Disney waiting is driving me crazy.

We're staying at the Boardwalk, and I'm really excited! I've only ever stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, so we're happy to branch out, but we really REALLY love the Lodge. We will go over to visit it though, and look at the Christmas trees

Where are you staying? I love that all of the resorts get in the holiday spirit. We plan to do a resort day to check everything out!
I considered WL for this trip, specifically bc of the Christmas decorations..I've never seen them in person...never been to Disney during Christmas season. The Contemporary won out, but we are going to Whispering Canyon for lunch and to see the decorations. :)

We're headed down Dec 29-Jan 7. Super excited to be there over NYE, but also a bit nervous. We've only ever been during low crowd seasons, so this will definitely be a change from what we're used to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter