Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Hi folks, Hertz is down.
8 day Sep 7 to 15 Compact $144.50 with AAA CDP and $40/week AAA coupon (located on Hertz deals page)

Hi folks, Hertz is down.
8 day Sep 7 to 15 Compact $144.50 with AAA CDP and $40/week AAA coupon (located on Hertz deals page)

Thanks, still have to pay $300 for minivan, but rather use Hertz over EZ rental car any day.

The Hertz page wont load any vehicles for me. I enter my dates etc then click book as a guest and no vehicles load for me.

I just checked my Sept 14th-22nd dates and the prices are down for Budget on the Costco Travel site. My price just dropped from $174.66 to $159.66 for a midsize for the nine days.:banana::cool1::cool1: For some reason the Midsize was cheaper than the Economy or Compact.:confused3

Hertz site is working correctly again.

I booked a compact car using the AAA 20% off deal (in the coupons/special section on their website) for $144; 9/7 - 9/14

I'm thinking the same thing. My price difference is only $26 total so I will likely stick with Dollar since I've had good experience with them and more trust. The check-in process alone may be worth this amount.

My difference is $11 for Alamo, after reading about the dings issues I am going to cancel. They also would put a $200 hold on my credit/debit card. I am still looking for a code to bring down the 8 day a little more.

On the plus side I did note hat the customer service was good. Their recommended agent had been fielding responses for negative feedback with support. I just don't want an issue with mechanical problems and no assistance, not that Alamo would handle a flat either.

has anyone used priceline recently? I have in the past used them for renting a minivan and have gotten it for 20 per day. We always go during September. I tried this am but the prices that they and hot-wire are showing are way above that. I need a vehicle big enough for 3 adults, 2 kids and lots of luggage.

Did you consider taking ME and someone pick up a smaller rental?

I booked Avis through costco for $115. I signed up for their preferred and wizard programs and called to add that information to my reservation, unbeknownst to me that "modified" my reservation and the rate went up to $132. I wasn't told the rate went up when I called, I only noticed in the email they sent. I called back and was told there was nothing they could do. So.. if I showed up with the costco confirmation page would they have to honor it? Should I just cancel and book somewhere else? I am bummed because I can't find that cheap of a rate anywhere anymore.

My other options currently are dollar already booked for $136 and budget for $133. Dollar has online check in so between the two I lean toward them.

Enterprise in down today. Using Entertainment book coupon, for 8/31-9/7, I have a Full size for $141.62. Down $28 from the price I originally had.

I booked Avis through costco for $115. I signed up for their preferred and wizard programs and called to add that information to my reservation, unbeknownst to me that "modified" my reservation and the rate went up to $132. I wasn't told the rate went up when I called, I only noticed in the email they sent. I called back and was told there was nothing they could do. So.. if I showed up with the costco confirmation page would they have to honor it? Should I just cancel and book somewhere else? I am bummed because I can't find that cheap of a rate anywhere anymore.

My other options currently are dollar already booked for $136 and budget for $133. Dollar has online check in so between the two I lean toward them.

I think you should call back and speak to a manager. You have all of the confirmations and they should be able to reverse their error. Rates should not go up because you added information !!

cel_disney said:
I think you should call back and speak to a manager. You have all of the confirmations and they should be able to reverse their error. Rates should not go up because you added information !!

I argued that point a lot to the woman I spoke with but she wasn't helpful. I might call back and ask for a supervisor. I am so frustrated that unless they honor the original price, I'll just pay the few dollars more for somewhere else.

My difference is $11 for Alamo, after reading about the dings issues I am going to cancel. They also would put a $200 hold on my credit/debit card. I am still looking for a code to bring down the 8 day a little more.

On the plus side I did note hat the customer service was good. Their recommended agent had been fielding responses for negative feedback with support. I just don't want an issue with mechanical problems and no assistance, not that Alamo would handle a flat either.

What ding issue? And, Alamo does NOT put a 200.00 hold on your credit/debit card. If you have a mechanical problem, they will take care of that.

What ding issue? And, Alamo does NOT put a 200.00 hold on your credit/debit card. If you have a mechanical problem, they will take care of that.

Those are issues with EZ that suggest the 11$ upper to book at Alamo is worth it..

Hertz site is working correctly again.

I booked a compact car using the AAA 20% off deal (in the coupons/special section on their website) for $144; 9/7 - 9/14

Wow glad I booked yesterday because today it jumped $33...

Just Keep Checking...Just Keep Checking...

Costco dropped prices on Budget a little today. I booked a full size for $120. If you go through the budget website and you choose to prepay you can save even more, it was $93 total for my dates 7-12.

Maybe I should have added additional punctuation.
"Alamo $11 more" (so for that amount I likely will go with them) so i would not worry over the ding issue which was a EZ car rental. After it was returned the person had additional charge for a ding that was previously on there.
EZ also advised me about the $200 hold on as soon as you pick up the car. This is no where near the rental cost.

However, I have received an email special on EZ car, with a larger savings. I can just take a complete set of photos when I would pick up the car noting previous dmg along with their document. I worked for our family body shop.

Last year I had an Alamo rental, a minivan at Sanford with so much dmg and dings I actually felt good to take it. We didnt worry over someone opening a door into it. It was a Chrysler minivan, Town n Country, which we had desk agent pull the front fender away from the passenger door so we could open it. They refused to provide another vehicle or offset the rental fee. So we chalked it up, as long as it mechanically ran no new dings or dents would be on us. The car was a mess.

I booked a full size for 08/31-09/08 with Hertz for $161.37 through BJ's. I checked Avis and I can get a full size for about 9.00 less with Avis. Anyone have a preference of 1 company over the other? I know it's only 9 bucks, but if Avis is better I switch.

Just got a MidSize Rental with Alamo for $151 using their Free Upgrade and 10% off insiders offer. 9/7(1030am) - 9/14(530pm).

Maybe I should have added additional punctuation.
"Alamo $11 more" (so for that amount I likely will go with them) so i would not worry over the ding issue which was a EZ car rental. After it was returned the person had additional charge for a ding that was previously on there.
EZ also advised me about the $200 hold on as soon as you pick up the car. This is no where near the rental cost.

However, I have received an email special on EZ car, with a larger savings. I can just take a complete set of photos when I would pick up the car noting previous dmg along with their document. I worked for our family body shop.

Last year I had an Alamo rental, a minivan at Sanford with so much dmg and dings I actually felt good to take it. We didnt worry over someone opening a door into it. It was a Chrysler minivan, Town n Country, which we had desk agent pull the front fender away from the passenger door so we could open it. They refused to provide another vehicle or offset the rental fee. So we chalked it up, as long as it mechanically ran no new dings or dents would be on us. The car was a mess.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I would have refused that vehicle and insisted on speaking with a manager. That was horrible customer service and I am amazed that it was on the lot. Alamo, National and Enterprise has a guage that we are given to measure damage, dings and scratches. It is pretty generous.
With EZ, I would take pictures, lots of them. The hold on your debit card is the rental plus 200.00 .
Using Debit Cards
Rentals are allowed for the following car classes: Economy, Compact, Midsize, Fullsize, Minivan and Small SUV SUV without proof of insurance, and a $200 deposit is required above the rental.
For the following car classes, proof of full coverage insurance is required: Premium, Luxury, Full Size SUV, Full Size Truck, Specialty and Convertible.
Local renters may be subject to additional restrictions.
More info from their site:
RENTER'S AGE 25 and OLDER
With a Major Credit Card: Proof of insurance is not required and renters may accept or decline all coverage options available. Renter must provide a deposit (in the form of the credit card authorization) of $200 or 30% of the estimated rental cost, plus the estimated rental cost, at the time of pickup.
With a Debit Card: Proof of insurance is not required and renters may accept or decline all coverage options available. Renter must provide a deposit (in the form of the credit card authorization) of $200 or 30% of the estimated rental cost, plus the estimated rental cost, at the time of pickup. Renters may only rent from the following vehicle car classes: Economy, Compact, Midsize, Fullsize and Minivan.
http://www.e-zrentacar.com/policies.html?action=show&rental_car_location=Orlando_Florida

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest