• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that we have official word of when we can book, can anyone help me with my timing for dinner so we're on track to view the fireworks during our meal?

Wishes is at 9pm the night I am hoping to dine there...if we're planning apps, entrees and dessert...would 7pm be the right time to aim
for?
Or do you guys have any better times that you would suggest?

Good to know that we can now finally make ADR next monday. Will be in WDW from the 8th - 15th Sept. Will they take ADR for these dates??

After having made my ADR's for some time I think I'm going to pass on the Cali Grill hype and stick with my Artist Point and Citrico's backup plan. I'll just wait until our June trip next year to go. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! This trip is a no, we will be gone even before any possible soft opening, but February is definitely a possibility.

How hard is it normally to book here? Wanting to book this for a date night in late January when the reservations are open

We've eaten here a number of times and never had an issue booking -- nothing at all like BOG, Le Cellier or CRT back in the day. The "new-ness" factor here might make this different than the norm, though, I guess... and I would imagine that opening night could be tough to get. My 2 cents. :)

We've eaten here a number of times and never had an issue booking -- nothing at all like BOG, Le Cellier or CRT back in the day. The "new-ness" factor here might make this different than the norm, though, I guess... and I would imagine that opening night could be tough to get. My 2 cents. :)

+1. Eat there at least 2 times a year and at busy times of the year and never had an issue. We don't ever make late late ADR for wishes so that might be diff story but for between 5-7 ish never had an issue for a party of 2 to 6.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm gonna have to be on my game. I think the Dec/Jan/Feb ADR's will be fine (unless it's Christmas week), but I'm hoping for Sept 15th. So I have a feeling it will be a morning full of web refreshes :badpc: and holding on the phone. :coffee: At least I like to sing along with the hold music. :music:

So now that we have official word of when we can book, can anyone help me with my timing for dinner so we're on track to view the fireworks during our meal?

Wishes is at 9pm the night I am hoping to dine there...if we're planning apps, entrees and dessert...would 7pm be the right time to aim
for?
Or do you guys have any better times that you would suggest?

I am targeting 7pm as well for a 9pm (Hallo)Wishes and that time should work fine

two things to note:
- if you go later and are in the middle of your meal you can tell your waiter that you want to view Wishes and they will hold your next course until after the show, so you don't have to
- if you go earlier and finish you meal, you can come back later and watch Wishes from their observation deck. At least, that was the policy in the past that as long as you had a meal book for that day at CG you could come up to watch Wishes

I am targeting 7pm as well for a 9pm (Hallo)Wishes and that time should work fine

two things to note:
- if you go later and are in the middle of your meal you can tell your waiter that you want to view Wishes and they will hold your next course until after the show, so you don't have to
- if you go earlier and finish you meal, you can come back later and watch Wishes from their observation deck. At least, that was the policy in the past that as long as you had a meal book for that day at CG you could come up to watch Wishes

Max, HalloWishes goes off at 9:30PM

3 Questions CG fans

First, has anyone seen any mention of chicken on the menu?

Second, I have a back up ressie at Narcossee. How do I book CG without cancelling because if I cancel Narcossee and don't get my CG, then I'm up a Disney creek without a paddle?

Third: Do you think that getting reservations for this first thing Aug 26th is easier by phone or computer or do you all do both and see which one wins?

Thanks for any help on any of these questions.

3 Questions CG fans

Second, I have a back up ressie at Narcossee. How do I book CG without cancelling because if I cancel Narcossee and don't get my CG, then I'm up a Disney creek without a paddle?

Third: Do you think that getting reservations for this first thing Aug 26th is easier by phone or computer or do you all do both and see which one wins?

If you book CG online, you do not need to cancel Narcossee yourself before you book CG - the system will do that for you. A window will pop up while trying to book CG and alert you that your Narcossee reservation will be deleted after the booking of CG is confirmed.

I was thinking an 8:30 to see Wishes but maybe earlier makes sense if they can time the meal around it.

Holiday Wishes is at 9:30 the night I want to book, so I'm thining an 8:30 ADR as well. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get an ADR for the night that we want during the first week of December.
:mickeyjum

Me too! I'm hoping for Dec. 6th, how about you? Maybe we'll see each other! :thumbsup2

3 Questions CG fans

I haven't seen the full menu yet, but now that you mention it, I don't think I've heard of any chicken dishes...but how can that be?

If you book CG online, it won't cancel your Narcoossee's until the CG is confirmed....Just follow the pop up window...it will ask you if you want to cancel your existing reservation...you click yes and then in the next window it says it won't be cancelled until the new ADR is confirmed..

I'm assuming on the phone it's similar.

I'm planning on trying online at 6am, problem for me is, I can't call until I get out of this big meeting at work. That being said, I'd try at 6am and keep trying and then if by 7am, I didn't get it, I'd call...and would continue to try online while on hold waiting.....

3 Questions CG fans

In my experience,I have not been prompted to cancel my old reservation until I am ready to book the new replacement ADR. For example, you would book the California Grill reservation and before your confirmation of the reservation the system would "detect" that you have a conflicting ADR @ Narcoossees and then you would have to decide to cancel the Narcoossees ADR. Hope that makes sense how I've tried to explain it.

Thanks all. I love Disboards just for this reason. Have a Disney question--you all have answers.

Now my only concern is the lack of chicken options. I am a purely chicken and turkey girl. I guess I could go with a flat bread that they are talking about. Sure it would be a 2 DP credit flat bread but at least my family could enjoy the food and I am sure I will find a dessert to tickle my fancy. And of course, it will be for the chance to cross it off my Disney bucket list. Maybe, just maybe a chicken dish will appear!

Thanks all. I love Disboards just for this reason. Have a Disney question--you all have answers.

Now my only concern is the lack of chicken options. I am a purely chicken and turkey girl. I guess I could go with a flat bread that they are talking about. Sure it would be a 2 DP credit flat bread but at least my family could enjoy the food and I am sure I will find a dessert to tickle my fancy. And of course, it will be for the chance to cross it off my Disney bucket list. Maybe, just maybe a chicken dish will appear!

I would say odds are pretty good that there will be a chicken dish - most of the signatures (except for Flying Fish off the top of my head) have one.

Are you sure there's no chicken? Have you seen the full menu anywhere? I didn't think it was posted yet....but I know I could be wrong. :)

Are you sure there's no chicken? Have you seen the full menu anywhere? I didn't think it was posted yet....but I know I could be wrong. :)

I have also searched for a new full menu, but no luck, so to the chicken lover (a different poster), I would bet on the odds that there will be something chicken-related, as even CG knows it needs to appeal to the masses and offer a nice variety. However, if there is not a "true" chicken entree, I would almost bet you could plead your case, and the chef would come up with something. Alternatively, you could go with a vegetarian entree and pretend that it was a chicken dish that is simply missing the chicken - ha! Seriously, though...I'd be shocked if the final menu didn't include at least one entree that everybody could enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter