• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... no September 1st? :confused3

Can somebody verify?

There are mixed reports from different CMs, for the most part. I don't think it's something that anyone can verify with any certainty. In my experience, it's the same with anything new at WDW... anecdotal reports, nothing definite until Disney announces it.

If they start taking reservations September 1st I'm going to have to just take what I can get later on for our December trip. I'll be busy running the Disneyland half marathon that morning :yay:

If they start taking reservations September 1st I'm going to have to just take what I can get later on for our December trip. I'll be busy running the Disneyland half marathon that morning :yay:

...lol how did I not put one and two together? We will be too! :wave2:

For what it's worth I just got off the phone with the cake order line for the contemporary. I called to start to get ideas for Octobers trip if we were able to get an ADR. I mentioned about the sept 1st rumor. She said they were told yesterday that that date has been pushed back for at least 2 weeks. She said they had some issues. I would think she would know what's going on she deals with the California grill on the daily if needed?

Just the messenger for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the update. Hope they get things sorted out. This is the last item I need for finalize for my trip in December.

No problem like I said it's just what I was told by one cast member today. I know it's not "verified" so take it for what it's worth. No one believes anything that said on these boards unless it's verified by Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Good Morning Everyone,

Yes, I do keep checking. Well as of this morning....Nothing.

Laura

Well, were are in FL through the 27th and am hoping against hope for a shot at a soft opening. I asked at CR concierge what was going on and apparently the work is complete, the chefs are adapting to the new equipment, etc. still no word on an open date. Have to check hotel concierge every day, dont know about that. May have to wait until February or next summer. That's ok, disney will still be here.

Thanks:) I'm still torn. My heart is with CG, but V&A is a bucket list thing, that probably now is as good of a time to do it as any. My wife is very excited about V&A, so we are pretty locked in. Having to send the girls to Neverland club makes me a bit uncomfortable, but everything I have heard about it, suggests that they will love it.

There is always a chance we could do both. We'll cross that bridge when/if CG reservations come available. But that's a lot of money for two meals :scared:

It is very expensive. But it truly is an experience rather than just a meal. We took the girls to Neverland Club in Feb and they liked it. If you are an AP holder or DVC member get the tables in Wonderland card. 20% off V & A until Aug 2014, then the discount is gone. :mad: The card is $100 this year, but the savings on V $ A is minimum $54 per couple (if you don't order drinks), plus most other sit down resturants participate and give 20% off food and drinks. We have the card, but use it for three trips per year. We do a lot of signature dinning and save quite a bit with it. We will probably go to V $ A a few times this year with the card, but not sure we will go after we no longer get the discount.

I called last night about CG, nothing yet. I am hoping to trade our Narcoosee ADR for CG.

Well, were are in FL through the 27th and am hoping against hope for a shot at a soft opening. I asked at CR concierge what was going on and apparently the work is complete, the chefs are adapting to the new equipment, etc. still no word on an open date. Have to check hotel concierge every day, dont know about that. May have to wait until February or next summer. That's ok, disney will still be here.

Magsmom, any word on if they're changing the name or theming, etc?

Magsmom, any word on if they're changing the name or theming, etc?

They aren't changing the name - Touring Plans posted a picture of the new 2nd floor check-in desk on Twitter last week. It was still "California Grill" but with a new logo

I am loving this thread! We asked our IPO to check daily for our Nov trip but we are also checking daily. It's great to have this thread to keep up to date! DH would LOVE an ADR there so I am hoping to make it happen!

I am loving this thread! We asked our IPO to check daily for our Nov trip but we are also checking daily. It's great to have this thread to keep up to date! DH would LOVE an ADR there so I am hoping to make it happen!

We are doing the same IPO is checking everyday for us, but I am still checking multi times a day.

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter