Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to a CM today and she said that she could not make ADRs for CG until August 31st. She said that for some reason the system isn't set to take them until the restaurant is open. Hopefully they will change that.

Subscribing. We have always dined there the last night of our trip. Going to miss eating there this trip. :sad1:

nat8199 said:
I talked to a CM today and she said that she could not make ADRs for CG until August 31st. She said that for some reason the system isn't set to take them until the restaurant is open. Hopefully they will change that.

I wonder if that's because they don't want to risk it opening late and having to cancel ADR's.. I think I will make some alternative plans in hopes of getting this one when it finally opens.

I wonder if that's because they don't want to risk it opening late and having to cancel ADR's.. I think I will make some alternative plans in hopes of getting this one when it finally opens.

I talked to a second CM later yesterday as I was making some additional ADRs and she said this was exactly the case. Apparently for another restaurant opening they had to call and cancel ADRs when the opening was delayed hen the refurb took too long. They do not want this to happen again so they will not be taking ADRs until they are 100% sure of the opening date.

Wow we could be watching for a long time then. I wonder if this was how it worked with Be Our Guest?

Subscribing too! Thanks, OP, for the thread!

We're after a ressie during our stay in September so fingers crossed the re-opening isn't delayed by much, if any.

Hoping to nab a reservation for our maybe-anniversary or maybe-40th birthday dinner, depending on how lucky I am. :upsidedow

I have tried daily and get that same message. I even contacted customer service to ask about it as we have booked all but the California Grill for our end of September trip. They told me to book another restaurant just to be safe. Makes me nervous.

Does anyone have thoughts on the best time to eat there? Having a family of 4 with tweens, eating at 8 or later to see fireworks just won't work. What's the next best? Let's pray they open up booking soon! :worship:

I can book our ADR's starting tomorrow so I'm planning on Narcoossee or Artist Point as an alternate. I'm really hoping CG reopens by then because it's our first choice for our anniversary dinner.

I've heard if you book CG about an hour and a half before Wishes you will be finishing up and get to see the fireworks. Wishes is probably at 9 p.m. in September. If your kids can't stay up that late, then I would book it so that the sun goes down by the end of your dinner. I haven't eaten at CG but we stayed at Bay Lake Tower which basically has the same view, and the view of the castle and MK lit up at night is magical and shouldn't be missed. I looked up the sunset times for September and it is around 7:30 p.m., so I wouldn't book earlier than 6:30.

I can book our ADR's starting tomorrow so I'm planning on Narcoossee or Artist Point as an alternate. I'm really hoping CG reopens by then because it's our first choice for our anniversary dinner.

I've heard if you book CG about an hour and a half before Wishes you will be finishing up and get to see the fireworks. Wishes is probably at 9 p.m. in September. If your kids can't stay up that late, then I would book it so that the sun goes down by the end of your dinner. I haven't eaten at CG but we stayed at Bay Lake Tower which basically has the same view, and the view of the castle and MK lit up at night is magical and shouldn't be missed. I looked up the sunset times for September and it is around 7:30 p.m., so I wouldn't book earlier than 6:30.

Assuming they have the same policies after they reopen (and we know what happens when one assumes), as long as you have you receipt from when you ate that day at Cali Grill you could go back up to watch the fireworks - so even if you feel you want to eat earlier due to kids, whatever, you could go back up to watch the fireworks later

The view there is great - so close yet out of the park - and they pipe in the music. Also, there are really 2 decks - the front one that 90% of the people go to and a back one which is always less crowded

Still nothing this am. Tried for oct. my kid birthday cake is banking on this reservation. I hope this works out right!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter